English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 01 March 2002, 00:48   #41
bgbennyboy

System Shock 2, playing the demo at midnight with the light off in the loft bedroom of my old house, on my own.
Zombies......noises........crappy spanner.........wont kill them..........noises............zombies...........scream like a girl............brown pants time.

I suppose the first time I was chased by the T-Rex in Tomb Raider and THAT music came on, that was scary at first.
Old 01 March 2002, 04:52   #42
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Hey, how much it costs an original copy of Fade 2 Black ?
I just can't find it anywhere here in Brazil, and I don't want to play the warez version, as it doesn't have the cut-scenes (Is Fade to Black a sequel or prequel to Flashback? If it's a sequel, I really want to know HOW THE HELL Conrad got away of that ship)
Old 01 March 2002, 06:30   #43
Drake1009

F2B is FB2 in a way and not pre-FB. You wake up after having been asleep some years back in the care of the Morphs.

I'm not even sure if you can find F2B anymore. I got it on a re-release collection.
Old 01 March 2002, 21:54   #44
ethylene

Send a message via ICQ to ethylene Send a message via AIM to ethylene Send a message via MSN to ethylene Send a message via Yahoo to ethylene
Hooooo Scariest game ever? Easy.

The scariest game I've ever played is Temple of Apshai on Commodore 64. The original from Epyx, not the remade Trilogy from Westwood.

You'd be wandering through a dungeon so dark, you can only see blackness and grey walls, and only the objects in the part of the room you're standing in.

The only sounds are your own footsteps and, much quieter, an eerie filter-swept bass note that would slowly ascend and descend in odd scales. Then, suddenly and without warning:

"EEEAAWWW-WEAAAAAaaaaanaanaanaaa!"

The most horrible cacophony you've ever heard in your short six years scares the living bejezus out of you! A terrifying monster is about to attack you! The music starts pounding out loud and strong:

"Dun-dun-DUN-dun..."
Old 12 March 2002, 01:08   #45
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

The scariest game Ive ever played is SILENT HILL 2 on the PS2.
Alone in the house, lights off and with headphones on. :shudder:
This game is scarier than any film Ive watched. (especially the old prison section)
Also in a strange way Tomb raider used to give me the creeps. Walking through dark areas with only a flare was creepy.

On the Amiga it would have to be SPACE HULK. VERY scary for its time.
Old 12 March 2002, 12:05   #46
Nian

Scary games?

Hrm the three most scary games I have played would be
Eye of the beholder, the creeping noises of monsters are frightening

Resident Evil series, Somethimes you jump like a sissy playing that game.

ALiens V's Predator 2, Damn thats one scary game when your in the dark tunnels just waiting for an alien or something to attack. the old scanner pulsing makes the scare even worse. Blip Blip Blip De De De Slash Arrrr.... every step is a fright.
Old 12 March 2002, 21:42   #47
Drake1009

I only played AVP 1 and the AVP2 demo, but the demo had lost a lot of atmosphere compared to the first in my opinion. Sure it was dark and everything but still.
Old 04 June 2002, 17:38   #48
cosmiq

scary'st game?
Well.. on PC it's definately ALICE in Wonderland! But on Amiga I played Ghouls 'n' Ghosts alot.. It was very scary since I was only 10 years old.
Old 05 June 2002, 23:49   #49
ToTalXS

Floppy disk

The first scary game I ever played was Space Invaders(atari)....help they wont stop coming....help....they just get closer and closer they wont stop!!!!!!!!.......hehehe
For real now I would have to say Hired Guns(Amiga) was the first game that scared the heck outta me.......first fps style game I ever played....is that considered a fps anyway?.......

Old 06 June 2002, 02:55   #50
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Unhappy

Flashback was amazing, F2B was total arse.

anyway, scarey games, would have to be resident evils....

Also Nightbreed for the amiga.

AVP for the JAG ran a little slow, mate just bought one.
Old 06 June 2002, 19:58   #51
Andrew

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew
Hired guns used to scare me too ToTalXS. Especially those goat things that used to jump out at you!
Old 07 June 2002, 06:11   #52
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Hired guns ins't a FPS , but an RPG, like Dungeon Master , Ishar or Eye of the Beholder. But instead of be in the medieval times, with wizards, knights, kingdoms and stuff, it's set on future, with killing weapons, droids and stuff.
Old 07 June 2002, 07:06   #53
ToTalXS

Roll eyes (sarcastic)

so silly of me.......of course it is a role playing style game........thanks.......peace

Old 07 June 2002, 08:43   #54
Drake1009

And you were 4 people, so it would be 4th person shooter as well.
Old 08 June 2002, 03:50   #55
Matt D`Wrecker

Hi everyone! Matt D`Wrecker ere! Just finding my way round this place!

Hmm! Don`t know about being scared directly by a game. A genuinely scary thing to me is the realisation, when you have spent good money on a game, and valuable time playing it, to find out it is UTTER CRAP! The horrible realisation that you have wasted an hour or two of your life playing some third rate dross, when you could have been doing something worthwhile...like watching paint dry or sticking my CD's in chronological order (no offence to anyone who genuinely digs that stuff)

Example: let's see...Total Carnage! Anyone played that? If you have... UNLUCKY! What's scary about it is that someone somewhere spent time making it What's worse is I spent time playing it :eek Anyone else out there suffered a similar experence?
Old 08 June 2002, 06:00   #56
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Total Carnage... The One previwed it as "The Conversion Of The Decade" ... It was one of the most stupid things The One ever did (and they've done lots of stupid thing)

Total Carnage wasn't good even on arcade.

@Drake

4th person shooter?

1st person : Me
2nd person : You
3rd person : He/She/It

What's the 4th person????
Old 08 June 2002, 09:10   #57
Drake1009

Them
Old 08 June 2002, 19:23   #58
7-Zark-7
Zone Friend

Exclamation

@Shatterhand. To be fair to The One, they did give it a lousy score when it was reviewed & it featured amongst "pants games" later on.
Happened to see the packaging for Soldier of Fortune II the other day, the basic specs of 1.3Gig space for game install was enought to frighten me!
Old 08 June 2002, 20:01   #59
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

1.3 gigs??? damn! Those guys are getting crazy..

Yeah. I know they gave a low score for it , and then later featured it in a article about the worse amiga games ever or something like that, but why the hell state it was the "Conversion of Decade" if the obviously didn't know anything about it?

Geez, like I said, not even the original arcade game is good!

Them shouldn't be the 4th person, but 3rd person on plural.

Oohh.. whatever, english is different of portuguese
Old 09 June 2002, 13:34   #60
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Bloodfest is...bloody scary!!!:eek