English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 03 April 2013, 22:54   #1961
Schoenfeld
electricky.

I'll be back in Germany next week and will see what I can do in terms of documentation. I already found that the programmer has done some tweaks to the tool, so there's something new to try next week.

The "SuperPlus" mode is currently not supported. However, the default config should display practically all modes, including SuperPlus. While I'm nowhere near any Amiga and measuring equipment, you can do some measuring with Indivision AGA MK2:

- use a monitor that displays all modes
- extend the display time for the OSD (drop-down menu)
- switch to SuperPlus and write down which mode the unit is thinking the Amiga displays
- edit that mode in the config tool to display the whole screen that the Amiga outputs

The result may be that you have to sacrifice compatibility with one of the existing Amiga screenmodes - at least for now. If your monitor shows all other modes, but not SuperPlus, then the current screenmode recognition is already good enough for separating that new mode from all the others. It'll be just a small adjustment in the configtool then, so "black screen" would be even better news.

All those who still have problems, don't hesitate to play with the tool and make adjustments. It'll take some time, I know, but you may be successful before I finish a small documentation of the tool.

Those who report "colour shifting" or "green shifting", please take a picture and post it here. Whatever terms you find for an error description will produce a different picture in my head than what you have on screen. With all due respect: words are useless here.

Jens
Old 03 April 2013, 22:59   #1962
johnim
Amibay Mod/Staff

Thanks for that info jens
Old 04 April 2013, 00:17   #1963
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Jens
I have to try that, as my Lg Tv sometimes doesn't find the screenmode and shows a black screen ("no signal") so I have to play with the remote to go back to this hdmi and "find" the screen.
Old 04 April 2013, 00:46   #1964
keropi

@Schoenfeld

any idea what to try so that the amiga screen occupies the whole monitor area and not just a centered one?
Old 04 April 2013, 02:33   #1965
kipper2k

an option to revert to previous screenmode if you dont press accept changes would be nice, that way once you have a display of some sorts on the screen you should always be able to get back if changes arent accepted within lets say 15 seconds ?
Old 04 April 2013, 10:01   #1966
Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
I'll be back in Germany next week and will see what I can do in terms of documentation. I already found that the programmer has done some tweaks to the tool, so there's something new to try next week.

The "SuperPlus" mode is currently not supported. However, the default config should display practically all modes, including SuperPlus. While I'm nowhere near any Amiga and measuring equipment, you can do some measuring with Indivision AGA MK2:

- use a monitor that displays all modes
- switch to SuperPlus and write down which mode the unit is thinking the Amiga displays
- edit that mode in the config tool to display the whole screen that the Amiga outputs

The result may be that you have to sacrifice compatibility with one of the existing Amiga screenmodes - at least for now. If your monitor shows all other modes, but not SuperPlus, then the current screenmode recognition is already good enough for separating that new mode from all the others. It'll be just a small adjustment in the configtool then, so "black screen" would be even better news.

All those who still have problems, don't hesitate to play with the tool and make adjustments. It'll take some time, I know, but you may be successful before I finish a small documentation of the tool.

Those who report "colour shifting" or "green shifting", please take a picture and post it here. Whatever terms you find for an error description will produce a different picture in my head than what you have on screen. With all due respect: words are useless here.

Jens
No worries about SuperPlus. I can achieve SuperPlus by choosing in "Display Mode" either HighGFX or Xtreme and then in "Indivision AGA Mk2" config tool I choose either HighGFX interlaced or Xtreme interlaced and adjust to 800x600 or 1024x768 there. It is exactly the same thing Works great! No black screen or glitches. I am using 22" LG Flatron M227WDP LCD TV 50/60hz

For now I run games in PAL 800x600 (still windowed not full screen like SCART) lines 75%, 724x283. But the "windowed window" is now much bigger than before I didn't spend much time adjusting PAL. Will figure it out later. Maybe there is an option to stretch/adjust the picture in S-Hires "Double" option. I will look into that later. I am very satisfied with this tool !
Old 04 April 2013, 11:43   #1967
Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art View Post
No worries about SuperPlus. I can achieve SuperPlus by choosing in "Display Mode" either HighGFX or Xtreme and then in "Indivision AGA Mk2" config tool I choose either HighGFX interlaced or Xtreme interlaced and adjust to 800x600 or 1024x768 there. It is exactly the same thing Works great! No black screen or glitches. I am using 22" LG Flatron M227WDP LCD TV 50/60hz

For now I run games in PAL 800x600 (still windowed not full screen like SCART) lines 75%, 724x283. But the "windowed window" is now much bigger than before I didn't spend much time adjusting PAL. Will figure it out later. Maybe there is an option to stretch/adjust the picture in S-Hires "Double" option. I will look into that later. I am very satisfied with this tool !
OK, I forgot to override the limits. Now when I change PAL from 724x283 to 800x299 games run full screen. I cannot go vertical over 300 or the screen is shaking.

My settings:
http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/Ar...tml?sort=3&o=0

Games:
http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/Ar...tml?sort=3&o=2

http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/Ar...tml?sort=3&o=1
Old 04 April 2013, 17:08   #1968
Riempie
Amiga freak

Finally had some time to play with the config-tool. I think I don't understand much of it or I'm doing something wrong. My screenmode-settings is pal super hi-res laced. In the config-tool I selected HIGHGFX 1024x768 and click on apply. I change the screenmode prefs to highgfx too and then the whole screen of the monitor is filled (16:9). Nice, but the icons are too big though and stretched out. When I start a whdload-game the screen turns black (can hear the sound playing). I press the quit-key and I get back to workbench. I also tried some other modes but I can't get any game to work with the new config-tool. So I flashed back my original core with the original flash software. Now at least the games work again and the workbench looks great again in s-hires laced with small icons. But the screen is not entirely filled. I hoped the config-tool would fill the whole screen with my current screenmode settings... So I'm back to the orginal core and settings now... Maybe the documentation will help me once it's ready...
Old 04 April 2013, 18:55   #1969
Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riempie View Post
Finally had some time to play with the config-tool. I think I don't understand much of it or I'm doing something wrong. My screenmode-settings is pal super hi-res laced. In the config-tool I selected HIGHGFX 1024x768 and click on apply. I change the screenmode prefs to highgfx too and then the whole screen of the monitor is filled (16:9). Nice, but the icons are too big though and stretched out. When I start a whdload-game the screen turns black (can hear the sound playing). I press the quit-key and I get back to workbench. I also tried some other modes but I can't get any game to work with the new config-tool. So I flashed back my original core with the original flash software. Now at least the games work again and the workbench looks great again in s-hires laced with small icons. But the screen is not entirely filled. I hoped the config-tool would fill the whole screen with my current screenmode settings... So I'm back to the orginal core and settings now... Maybe the documentation will help me once it's ready...
Make sure you choose HighGFX Super-High res laced in "Display mode preferences". Click "save"
http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/Ar...tml?sort=3&o=0

Then open config-tool and choose HighGFX interlace 1024x768 and click "Apply" and save

Then go back to config-tool and choose PAL 800x600 and click "Apply" and save.
Should work.
Old 04 April 2013, 21:42   #1970
Riempie
Amiga freak

Art: thx for your tips, but sadly no luck. Games can not be displayed
Old 04 April 2013, 22:19   #1971
BarryB
Amigaholic

Well I managed to get my PAL High-Res Laced Workbench to fill the screen @ 1280 x 1024 but now it's stretched to full screen everything is much bigger and appears lower res than when the black border was at the left and the image was much smaller Guess that's a consequence of staring at that smaller image for months and months before a config-tool was released.

Edit: Just set HighGFX @ 1024 x 768 and that looks so much nicer if a bit slower redraw but think I'll stick with this for now

Last edited by BarryB; 04 April 2013 at 22:30.
Old 05 April 2013, 03:26   #1972
bbond007

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
an option to revert to previous screenmode if you dont press accept changes would be nice, that way once you have a display of some sorts on the screen you should always be able to get back if changes arent accepted within lets say 15 seconds ?
kippper, i'm not claiming to be an expert with this tool but I have had good luck tuning it by doing the following:

set WB to PAL LACE. I just did this so I could use my little TV because once the flash failed and I had lost all modes.

1. load dpaint5 and open the screen mode you want to tune...

2. left Amiga N back to WB.

3. Invivision tool. Edit the mode you opened in Dpaint5. Apply Changes

4. swich back to Dpaint. check out results.

6. step # 2

I was able to get all my modes looking as good as my minimig 1.1 and even better because its AGA.

Last edited by bbond007; 05 April 2013 at 03:59.
Old 05 April 2013, 04:15   #1973
NovaCoder

Cool, good idea

Can you also set SuperPlus and HighGFX up using this method?

Did you manage to get your modes centered and full screen?
Old 05 April 2013, 11:29   #1974
zharn

is there a way to make the images bigger? mine in pal-interlaced & 1024x768 75, is about 1/4 of screen size centered in the middle
Old 05 April 2013, 11:41   #1975
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Try changing to "Lines"
Old 05 April 2013, 12:03   #1976
zharn

its like this (b = black, * = amiga)

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
bbbbbbbbbbbbb***************bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Old 05 April 2013, 12:17   #1977
keropi

Quote:
Originally Posted by zharn View Post
its like this (b = black, * = amiga)

exactly the same here...
Old 05 April 2013, 12:28   #1978
zharn

has anyone gone back to original firmware? wont wreck it? if so how? im assuming use the fimeware on the indivision site?
Old 05 April 2013, 13:44   #1979
bbond007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
Cool, good idea

Can you also set SuperPlus and HighGFX up using this method?

Did you manage to get your modes centered and full screen?
yes for the high rez modes pick a screen in Dpaint <= 4BPP so you'll not run into problems. Obviously, you could use something other that dpaint... anything with a screen requestor (avoid MUI apps or something with call inspector)

I really don't want most of my screens except for HD720 to appear fullscreen. That would really distort the aspect ratio. What I aim for was full height.... or close to... and obviously centered

here are the modes I'm happy with (for now)

NTSC LO/LACE/HIGH (not quite full height but ok)
PAL LO/LACE/HIGH (perfect)
HGFX (perfect)
HD720 (perfect)

I have not perfected multiscan or any of the "DBL" modes. I don't have the "DBL" monitor drivers installed. Multiscan I would have thought would be so close to PAL-Lace that it would be simple, but whatever reason it reacts different to the settings...

I don't see the point of Multiscan mode when my PAL-LACE looks just as good with more speed.

Last edited by bbond007; 05 April 2013 at 13:53.
Old 05 April 2013, 13:56   #1980
zharn

I just tried another monitor and now have pal interlaced working perfectly, pal almost. Im getting the hang of it now.