English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 24 June 2002, 08:27   #21
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Quote:
Originally posted by MartinMerten
Hoy did you learn that codetapper ? Are there any tutorials ? Is it necessary to have knowledge in assembler programming ?
I've written one tutorial (All Terrain Racing Xmas Demo) and am in the middle of the second one (Switchblade) which is much more detailed.

An Aussie cracker Tachyon taught me a lot of the basics over several months in 1997 (he cracked Vaxine for me and sent the source!) and then it's just years of practice! And yes you will not get far without assembler knowledge I'm afraid - you could release a few lame generic Kickstart 1.3 patches (by changing the title of the game in the intro splash screen) without knowing anything but that's about it. Stuff like blitter problems, stack frame errors, saving high scores requires a lot deeper knowledge and for that you will need to learn assembler.
Old 24 June 2002, 11:47   #22
Walker

Grabbing some screens from Codetapper's WHDLoad version, I noticed I already had some screens in my collection. They are created 2001-20-04 and there are NO traces of gfx errors in them! Since I only got the Vision Factory crack just like everybody else there must be an older version of WinUAE that works with this game. Or....?
Old 24 June 2002, 13:52   #23
Konrad

Question Strange...

The oldest WinUAE version I still have is 08.8.r8 and there are the same errors. Strange.
Old 24 June 2002, 13:58   #24
Walker

Hmmm... I tried playing the game a bit in WinFellow, and after a while the gfx errors were gone (in the middle of the level). This might explain how I managed to get those clean screens.