English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 22 August 2006, 11:33   #41
alkis21
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco pedrana
any Kick Off episode. the last episodes are even uglier: players are too big for the size of the screen, that gives me the impression of claustrophobia and less understanding of the actions and schemes, i can't get well what is happening. fields look like they are waxed and polished, slick and the menus are a bright exemple of designing laziness. crappy sound too.
You wonder what they were thinking when they released Kick Off 2?
Gee, I don't know... Perhaps they were thinking something along the lines of "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we made a million pounds by creating a game that will make everyone go out and buy an Amiga, a game that will still have thousands of die hard fans in the decades that will follow?".

I guess that's what they were thinking. It's weird how the human mind works sometimes.
Old 22 August 2006, 19:36   #42
StarEye
Zone Friend

You know, I'm a bigger fan of SWOS than KO, but marcos post were still wrong in so many different ways.
Old 22 August 2006, 20:40   #43
Marcuz

what can i say? it's cool to them to have earned much money and it's cool for the players to have a game they like. but to me KO is exactly what i said above (well the big head players are from Goal! not Kick Off, the rest stands)
Old 23 August 2006, 00:58   #44
StarEye
Zone Friend

Ah, while we all respect eachother opinion on a game, I can't these games are the ones who gave you the biggest shock. Otherwise, you can't have played a lot of games.
Old 23 August 2006, 12:19   #45
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDNI
Amiga Outrun - nuff said!!
Yes.

How about Birds of Prey, on a typical machine of the time - or even an upgraded one, it was darned slow. How many thousands of pounds went into developing this I wonder....... it was ages in development.

The cool part is that now with a half decent Amiga, WHDLoad and Jean-Francois's patch it plays really well.

Its kind of cool that some of those stupidly slow 3D games from the early nineties are sort of reborn later in life thanks to the patchers and faster Amigas.
Old 23 August 2006, 12:23   #46
Angus
Amiga Games Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD
Yeah, I loved Rocket Ranger and It Came from the Desert (and Defender of the Crown and The Three Stoogers and TV Sport Basketball and TV Sports Football)

The other Cinemaware games were good but the above stood out IMHO
Not a massive Wings fan then? I thought I was the only one. O loved Rocket Ranger but ultimately found some of those later Nazis too darn tough to beat. And no save game.
Old 23 August 2006, 12:48   #47
Dizzy
Pirate

Well Rise of the robots

or what about Moonshine racers
Old 23 August 2006, 13:48   #48
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus
Not a massive Wings fan then? I thought I was the only one. O loved Rocket Ranger but ultimately found some of those later Nazis too darn tough to beat. And no save game.
Ooops, sorry to disappoint. I'm definitely a Wings fan

I love this and can't believe I left it off my post
Old 23 August 2006, 17:19   #49
Bamiga2002
BlizzardPPC'less

Send a message via MSN to Bamiga2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeon
Here's another one to add to the list. Dont know how I forgot about it, but it was one of the very last games I bought, why I cant remember (must have been drunk)

Pit-Fighter

Just two words: Complete garbage !

Like a fool I bought it on looking at the cover (now thats a bad thing to do) like I said I was not all there.
Noooo, Pit-Fighter is one of my all-time favourite , you can fast-hit an opponent on the ground with Kato, just try it. The last opponent is of no match with this character.
Old 23 August 2006, 17:28   #50
DamienD
Banned

I like the coin-op version

Not sure if I've played the Amiga one, will need to give it a try to see how faithful it is
Old 23 August 2006, 17:32   #51
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
I like the coin-op version

Not sure if I've played the Amiga one, will need to give it a try to see how faithful it is
No, Damien. Forget about the Amiga port of Pit-Fighter, it's a piece of crap. Play Mortal Combat, the amiga version rocks.
Old 23 August 2006, 17:34   #52
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd
No, Damien. Forget about the Amiga port of Pit-Fighter, it's a peace of crap. Play Mortal Combat, the amiga version rocks.
Ah, ok. Thanks for the info.

Hmmm, Mortal Kombat... This drove me crazy with the loading and also only having one button instead of six is a pain (I know nothing can be done about this though). I think I'll stick to the coin-op of this also
Old 23 August 2006, 17:35   #53
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Ah, ok. Thanks for the info.

Hmmm, Mortal Kombat... This drove me crazy with the loading and also only having one button instead of six is a pain (I know nothing can be done about this though). I think I'll stick to the coin-op of this also
WHDLoad, hehe.
Old 23 August 2006, 17:38   #54
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd
WHDLoad, hehe.
Yeah, yeah

...and to fix the "one" button issue (joking)
Old 23 August 2006, 18:01   #55
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Yeah, yeah

...and to fix the "one" button issue (joking)
The game supports "two" buttons.

http://whdload.de/games/MortalKombat.html
Old 24 August 2006, 19:12   #56
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
I once found a K-Mart store that still had a pile of Amiga games for sale, so I scooped them all up and took them home. I played through them and came across one called Graffiti Man. Has anyone played this? What the hell? If you can manage to stay alive for more than five seconds and walk through the tiny stage, you have to paint a picture, then do it all over again in the next stage.

It was one of the worst games I've ever played, I couldn't make any sense of it.
Old 24 August 2006, 19:16   #57
DamienD
Banned

LOL

Never played or heard of it... I've just taken a look at the screenshots in HOL. Looks rubbish and very appropriate for this thread

http://hol.abime.net/2773/screenshot
Old 24 August 2006, 19:16   #58
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel-CD32
I once found a K-Mart store that still had a pile of Amiga games for sale, so I scooped them all up and took them home. I played through them and came across one called Graffiti Man. Has anyone played this? What the hell? If you can manage to stay alive for more than five seconds and walk through the tiny stage, you have to paint a picture, then do it all over again in the next stage.

It was one of the worst games I've ever played, I couldn't make any sense of it.
Yeah, i know this game from the C-64. I can't believe till today that this piece of crap was published by Rainbow Arts. reLine wrote classics like Oil Imperium (Black Gold).
Old 25 August 2006, 08:02   #59
Dizzy
Pirate

Quote:
LOL

Never played or heard of it... I've just taken a look at the screenshots in HOL. Looks rubbish and very appropriate for this thread

http://hol.abime.net/2773/screenshot
Well one of the picture show some of the american EAB memebers

Last edited by Dizzy; 16 October 2009 at 22:30.
Old 25 August 2006, 12:58   #60
DamienD
Banned

@Dizzy: