English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 22 December 2015, 18:48   #1
SYSTEMX

Gotek problems....

Hi there I am new to the forum and have had alook at the threads concerning the Gotek but I cannot seem to find one that answers my question hence my post.

I have an A600 with a Gotek fitted, the drive works and boots up from a usb stick but when the selector program gives the message 'init in progress' at the bottom of the screen it stays there and does not bring up the list of .ADF files. I am using a 64gb usb stick (generic ebay special) and have tried only having a few games on it but it does not seem to work. Please help as I can't wait to play wings again!!I have a DVD with .ADF files on it that I am copying over to the usb stick.

On a personal note I am not particularly technical so please don't flame me for asking what is probably a very basic question.

Old 22 December 2015, 21:08   #2
rfancella

Hello,
What firmware is on it?
The original Gotek, Cortex or HxC?

Thanks,
Ron
Old 22 December 2015, 21:56   #3
SYSTEMX

Hi Ron, thanks for replying I brought it from Ebay and this is what the listing stated,

The Cheapest Floppy Disk Drive USB emulator
For Amiga Computer
Flashed With Latest Firmware
By Hervé Messinger

Drive is Ready for directly connecting it
To internal Drive connector
Of any Amiga 500/600/1200!

Each Drive is tested with a usb stick
(loaded with the selector.adf and game images)
And works 100%

It is also equipped with the necessary pins/jumpers,
in order to easily change/repair firmware
according to instructions below:

http://cortexamigafloppydrive.wordpr...oppy-emulator/

I assume it's got the cortex firmware installed? But I am not sure

Old 22 December 2015, 22:05   #4
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

Sometimes the files on the USB stick become corrupted. I have had this happen to me and the only way I got it to work properly was to re format the USB stick to Fat32, copy a new Selector.adf + Game adf's and redo the menu setup.

Hope this helps.
Old 22 December 2015, 22:18   #5
ransom1122

No problem with mine. Try using different USB sticks. Some sticks may or may not work on the Goteks. I use a few 16gb Sandisk sticks. Never have a problem with those.
Old 22 December 2015, 23:00   #6
SYSTEMX

Hi Arnie, thanks for your advice I will try that this evening and see how I get on.

Old 22 December 2015, 23:01   #7
SYSTEMX

Hi ransom, I have another USB that I will also try again thanks for you advice

Old 15 January 2016, 09:01   #8
mr.spiv

I got an internal Gotek (kipper's one) with the latest Herve's FW in my A600. One issue has been buggering me on and off fashion: the setup does not recognize the change of disk (adf image) until reboot. When I installed the drive for the first time disk changes were not recogmized. I did later make changes to the content of the stick and everything started to work as expected.. until today. I wonder what might be the issue..?

Btw: I have not yet tried another USB stick since the same stick works OK in another external Gotek I got (which I use as DF1: every now and then).
Old 17 January 2016, 00:51   #9
mr.spiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.spiv View Post
I got an internal Gotek (kipper's one) with the latest Herve's FW in my A600. One issue has been buggering me on and off fashion: the setup does not recognize the change of disk (adf image) until reboot. When I installed the drive for the first time disk changes were not recogmized. I did later make changes to the content of the stick and everything started to work as expected.. until today. I wonder what might be the issue..?

Btw: I have not yet tried another USB stick since the same stick works OK in another external Gotek I got (which I use as DF1: every now and then).
One more observation.. I got a new USB stick. Same symptons. However, I can actually swap ADFs but Amiga does not see it.. until even that stops working i.e., at some point ADFs do not change anymore although the numbers in the LCD change

Anyone ever saw similar behaviour?