English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 30 September 2015, 17:47   #1
zeke1312

AmiPUP and AmiKit

I'm a new user here....well for all practical purposes I am. I have an HP desktop in a dual boot mode with Windows7 and Linux Mint 17.2. I am not a "programmer", just a user. I do not use the PC for playing games, I use it for email, searching for information of all kinds, spreadsheet and that's about it. I have Amikit running on Windows 7. I have both Puppy and AmiPUP on thumb drives. I want get Amikit running on Linux Mint, AmiPUP and Amikit running on Android. I have the Amiga Forever files downloaded from their web site.

On AmiPUP I can't get UAE to recognize where I've put the roms. Following the instructions it says move all the AF files to a blue icon "configuration here" and the roms to the rom blue icon and change the rom file name to "kick.rom"? I don't understand Amiga's file tree ie, director Folder, and File. There may be more. I'm sure after I understand this I'll get Amikit running on AmiPUP. I watched a YouTube video but it didn't have clear instructions. As an example of my confusion, the only way I've been able to move a file or folder is left click, move the blue icon (what is that anyway?) over the blue icon where it's to be moved, right click , click on copy...it's in the new location but also is the blue icon I moved the data from. On the rom file, I moved the rom file the icon marked rom and changed the name of the file to kick.rom. Launching UAE and then click "start" then it says "kick.rom not found". When I OK that message another message pops up saying "failed to load kickstart/image/root/my-applications/amiga/rom/kick.rom. I check the described path and it ends up a the roms ( "gears" with each rom name including the "key.file". Make any sense? Any help is welcome. Thank you

Last edited by zeke1312; 30 September 2015 at 18:47.
Old 30 September 2015, 19:50   #2
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi: You can ask in their support forum: http://forum.amiga.sk/
Old 30 September 2015, 20:03   #3
zeke1312

I did post there but not much help. Thank you