English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 08 October 2009, 18:55   #1
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
WTB - PCI Express GFX Card

Hi,

I know its not Amiga related but many of us here are gamers for sure! So thought I would take a punt...

My 8800GTS just died last week and I am looking for a similar replacement to last me until I build a new system later in the year/early next year.

So if you've just upgraded and have one of the following or similar that you dont need I would be happy to take it off you hands for a fair and reasonable price.

8800 GTS (512mb or 640mb versions pref) would consider the 320mb if its cheap...
8800 GT (512mb) or (Matching pair for SLI)
9600 GT (or Matching pair for SLI)
8800 GTX (768mb)
8800 Ultra

Might even consider a couple of high end 7000 series if they are a matching pair for SLI as that could offer up a similar performance at a reasonable price.

As you probably guess its an NVidia card I am after.

Thanks,

Steve.

Last edited by fitzsteve; 08 October 2009 at 19:21.
Old 08 October 2009, 23:14   #2
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
Hi,

I know its not Amiga related but many of us here are gamers for sure! So thought I would take a punt...

My 8800GTS just died last week and I am looking for a similar replacement to last me until I build a new system later in the year/early next year.

So if you've just upgraded and have one of the following or similar that you dont need I would be happy to take it off you hands for a fair and reasonable price.

8800 GTS (512mb or 640mb versions pref) would consider the 320mb if its cheap...
8800 GT (512mb) or (Matching pair for SLI)
9600 GT (or Matching pair for SLI)
8800 GTX (768mb)
8800 Ultra

Might even consider a couple of high end 7000 series if they are a matching pair for SLI as that could offer up a similar performance at a reasonable price.

As you probably guess its an NVidia card I am after.

Thanks,

Steve.
Im currently running a 3 year old

Gainward 8600 GTS (Golden Sample) 256MB. I have to say nothing has come close to it, even today, alot of the higher spec cards clock slower and perform slower. So higher isnt always better, .

I have litrally hammered this card with graphics intensive games and its always kept running, . Wish they were still available, so I stick another 1 in my system for SLI, .
Old 09 October 2009, 00:16   #3
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Im currently running a 3 year old

Gainward 8600 GTS (Golden Sample) 256MB. I have to say nothing has come close to it, even today, alot of the higher spec cards clock slower and perform slower. So higher isnt always better, .

I have litrally hammered this card with graphics intensive games and its always kept running, . Wish they were still available, so I stick another 1 in my system for SLI, .
I hear what you're saying I was running 2 640mb 8800 GTS's for a while better performance then some of the latest cards!

Shame I sold one of them 3 months ago or I would have had a spare!

Problem was they ran 80-100 degree C idle with my SLI setup to I had to drop one.

Next PC will have a better case! Probably what contributed to my other card dying!

Steve.
Old 09 October 2009, 00:55   #4
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
I hear what you're saying I was running 2 640mb 8800 GTS's for a while better performance then some of the latest cards!

Shame I sold one of them 3 months ago or I would have had a spare!

Problem was they ran 80-100 degree C idle with my SLI setup to I had to drop one.

Next PC will have a better case! Probably what contributed to my other card dying!

Steve.
80 to 100 c, something wrong right there. Mine runs at a cool 52c while in windows and 79c when hammering it. Ive had games running for hours and its never gone over 80c.

Only time it ever went over 80c was when I accidently broke a fan blade and didnt realise (jammed fan), pc kept resetting 5 mins after booting due to over heating. Super glue and a bit of soldering (well melting) and it is all better, .

Core = 725MHz
DDR3 Memory = 2200MHz

I can overclock it, but dont see the point, its fast enough.
Old 09 October 2009, 09:57   #5
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
80 to 100 c, something wrong right there. Mine runs at a cool 52c while in windows and 79c when hammering it. Ive had games running for hours and its never gone over 80c.
Yeah its my case its 5 years old it was high end at the time and is fine with a smaller card like my spare card stolen from my media centre (7600gt) but the larger cards really disrupt the air flow. I found that the two 8800GTS's that ar double size cards just couldnt cool, especially the bottom card.