English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 31 July 2006, 20:59   #21
Ironclaw
Banned

Oh yeah, sorry, forgot the thread's title .
Old 31 July 2006, 21:08   #22
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye
A little warning about Simon the Sorcerer CD32. While it's nice to have full speech, it also contains NO subtitles, which was incredibly annoying for a dude like me, whose native language isn't english. Simon the Sorcerer AGA was the best version for me - as it contained the same fantastic graphics as the CD32 version, but with subtitles instead of speech.
Agree StarEye... I've been 80% tone-deaf (wear hearing aids), and was quite shocked to see that subtitles had not been included in the CD32 release. Don't get me wrong, I love hearing speech in games, but I can't always catch all they say. All I can say is, good job I've completed the AGA version with subtitles

Yet Simon the Sorcerer 2 has full speech AND subtitles!
Old 06 August 2006, 21:26   #23
Rebel-CD32
Amiga will never die!

Send a message via MSN to Rebel-CD32
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye
A little warning about Simon the Sorcerer CD32. While it's nice to have full speech, it also contains NO subtitles, which was incredibly annoying for a dude like me, whose native language isn't english. Simon the Sorcerer AGA was the best version for me - as it contained the same fantastic graphics as the CD32 version, but with subtitles instead of speech.
This annoys me too. My girlfriend is deaf and would love to play this game on her CD32, but can't. I hope to get the AGA version running from a CD for her some day, but I don't think it had control pad support, so she'd have to use a mouse in front of the TV.
Old 07 August 2006, 21:42   #24
DrBlue

I agree that the main advantages to CD32 are their Intro's, Soundtracks and lack of disk swapping.

Alien Breed 3D has a great soundtrack by Bjorn Lynn and will run quite happily on any AGA amiga.

Old 14 September 2014, 01:12   #25
ancalimon
Supernormal

Differences of CD32 versions of Amiga games

Inspired by this thread: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=75098

Let's talk about the differences of CD32 releases of Amiga games.

I just tried Universe CD32 and it looks like the only thing that's different is that it has inferior CD audio instead of Amiga mods. (What were they thinking!). The graphics are same.
Old 14 September 2014, 08:36   #26
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Threads merged.
Old 14 September 2014, 10:59   #27
Gzegzolka

From what I check some time ago:
Trolls got now audio tracks for each stage and background images are totally different than in AGA floppy version, they are more moody and looks like landscapes rather than just some unrelated objects;
Zool 2 got one extra world (3 levels) at start + audio tracks and option to have both music and sfx + short render animations between each world;
Bubba and Stix got intro/outro animation and got sfx and music at same time;
Black Viper got voice acting in intro and short render animation between each race;
Brian the Lion got three additional levels with different tasks to do and one extra bonus game on world map;
Chuck Rock 2 got cool animated intro but nothings more that disk version;
Dennis got both sfx+music at same time;
Chaos Engine got cool intro sequence + different cd music + manual in game;
Oscar got two extra worlds and music in worlds while on floppy there wasn't;
Super Stardust got each button in pad configurable and animations in intro, between worlds;
Fire and Ice got audio tracks, add background images and redone last level;
Fight'n'Spirit is better game when played on pad trust me

I would say that each version of cd32 game is worth to check. Some games are just clean floppy conversions with no extra stuff or even waste what can cd32 give (pad got more buttons that 2-fire joystick and akiko can play audio tracks).