English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 15 April 2018, 19:10   #1
honx
Registered User

honx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Klagenfurt / Austria
Posts: 1,017
james pond 2 whd

i'm looking for a working whd load version of james pond 2. no aga version, only ocs(ecs).
the version i've downloaded is reading my james pond floppy upon install but it won't start.
"floppy image not supported" or similar it says...
honx is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 15 April 2018, 19:46   #2
malko
Registered User

malko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: CH
Posts: 607
Did you try this one ?
malko is offline  
Old 15 April 2018, 20:09   #3
honx
Registered User

honx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Klagenfurt / Austria
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
Did you try this one ?
thx, this one works! perfect!
no need to install and floppy rip, just extract and play!
honx is offline  
Old 15 April 2018, 21:02   #4
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Retroplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 3,045
v1.2 is out dated (as is whdownload), v1.3 is available on the file server.
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=61028
Retroplay is offline  
Old 15 April 2018, 21:25   #5
honx
Registered User

honx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Klagenfurt / Austria
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroplay View Post
v1.2 is out dated (as is whdownload), v1.3 is available on the file server.
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=61028
unfortunately i can't download. "530 account restricted..."
honx is offline  
Old 16 April 2018, 14:55   #6
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Retroplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 3,045
There's also a link to my cloud drive, just use that if you have trouble connecting to Turrans ftp.
Retroplay is offline  
Old 16 April 2018, 17:42   #7
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

StingRay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Berlin/Joymoney
Posts: 5,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
the version i've downloaded is reading my james pond floppy upon install but it won't start.
"floppy image not supported" or similar it says...
How about reporting that on the Mantis bug tracker? It is there for a reason you know. Please upload an image of your James Pond 2 disk and I'll see about supporting your version in an updated version of the patch.
StingRay is offline  
Old 16 April 2018, 18:18   #8
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Retro-Nerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Age: 46
Posts: 11,078
Another completely rewritten slave, v2.0 from jodt. AGA only though.

http://www.whdload.de/games/JamesPond2.html
Retro-Nerd is online now  
Old 16 April 2018, 19:41   #9
honx
Registered User

honx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Klagenfurt / Austria
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroplay View Post
There's also a link to my cloud drive, just use that if you have trouble connecting to Turrans ftp.
thx, i downloaded it and replaced v1.2 on my games folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
How about reporting that on the Mantis bug tracker? It is there for a reason you know. Please upload an image of your James Pond 2 disk and I'll see about supporting your version in an updated version of the patch.
it's a bit too late now, i already deleted my first try. sorry for that.
and no, i didn't think about bug reporting. i'm no bug reporting guy normally.
further i'm not even registered on any of these bug reporting sites out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Another completely rewritten slave, v2.0 from jodt. AGA only though.

http://www.whdload.de/games/JamesPond2.html
thx, but on my ecs amiga 500 plus with aca500plus this version won't work.
honx is offline  
Old 17 April 2018, 10:45   #10
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

StingRay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Berlin/Joymoney
Posts: 5,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Another completely rewritten slave, v2.0 from jodt. AGA only though.

http://www.whdload.de/games/JamesPond2.html
The OCS slave was completely recoded too by yours truly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
it's a bit too late now, i already deleted my first try. sorry for that.
So you didn't use an original disk image anyway!


Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
further i'm not even registered on any of these bug reporting sites out there.
Apparently you weren't always registered on EAB either. So much for that "excuse" not to report problems with patches.
StingRay is offline  
Old 17 April 2018, 11:10   #11
malko
Registered User

malko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: CH
Posts: 607
Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
[...] and no, i didn't think about bug reporting. i'm no bug reporting guy normally.
Now that the idea has been induced to you, it's time to change your habits...

Quote:
further i'm not even registered on any of these bug reporting sites out there.[...]
Time to change this situation urgently
malko is offline  
Old 18 April 2018, 10:41   #12
honx
Registered User

honx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Klagenfurt / Austria
Posts: 1,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
So you didn't use an original disk image anyway!
i ripped that floppy disk i own since 1994. but nevermind. now have a working james pond 2 whd load install already.
it's version v1.3 posted here before, not latest version v2.0, i doubt that v2.0 adds any new content to the game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
So much for that "excuse" not to report problems with patches.
"excuse"? any more sites i register to make more webmasters knowing my email address and whatever else data i have to fill in to register...
i'm very sparingly and cautious about my own personal data. and your aggressive tone makes me even NOT registering now more than ever.

Last edited by honx; 18 April 2018 at 10:48.
honx is offline  
Old 18 April 2018, 11:03   #13
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

StingRay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Berlin/Joymoney
Posts: 5,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
i ripped that floppy disk i own since 1994. but nevermind. now have a working james pond 2 whd load install already.
Fine. Now guess who coded that very patch you are using. And guess what would've happened had you opened a bug report or even bothered to upload your disk image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
it's version v1.3 posted here before, not latest version v2.0, i doubt that v2.0 adds any new content to the game...
V2.0 is the version for the AGA version of the patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
"excuse"? any more sites i register to make more webmasters knowing my email address and whatever else data i have to fill in to register...
Yes, excuse! And that one is even worse than the first one you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honx View Post
i'm very sparingly and cautious about my own personal data. and your aggressive tone makes me even NOT registering now more than ever.
Fine. I hope you'll never ever ask for any support for any of my patches again. At least I will ignore any of your posts regarding WHDLoad patches from now on.
StingRay is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
James Pond, Pond is Back! - Retro classic for a Kickstarter Neil79 Retrogaming General Discussion 1 26 September 2013 09:09
james pond 1 sareks support.Games 0 19 August 2005 15:42
James Pond 3 Galaxy HOL data problems 0 12 October 2004 14:14
James Pond whiteb project.SPS (was CAPS) 11 11 January 2004 13:31
Mon nom est Pond, James Pond ! RCK Retrogaming General Discussion 9 12 December 2001 15:20

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 15:07.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.07912 seconds with 15 queries