English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 13 May 2007, 12:41   #1
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
All is fine with latest

Although, there is another audio prob (and its probably been their since forever) if i may use this thread.

Paula audio gets totaly broken when RTG is in use, any prog that uses it (mod player / action media player ect ..) produced totaly broken low quality audio but only when rtg wb is in use. All is fine on AGA wb.
Sounds like the audio buffer is looping the audio and it just crosses over into a mess and changing the audio buffer size doesnt get better results.
AHI is fine (although ahi mode in blitzquake/doomattack isnt working right)
Old 13 May 2007, 13:02   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt
Although, there is another audio prob (and its probably been their since forever) if i may use this thread.

Paula audio gets totaly broken when RTG is in use, any prog that uses it (mod player / action media player ect ..) produced totaly broken low quality audio but only when rtg wb is in use. All is fine on AGA wb.
Sounds like the audio buffer is looping the audio and it just crosses over into a mess and changing the audio buffer size doesnt get better results.
AHI is fine (although ahi mode in blitzquake/doomattack isnt working right)
"Works fine here".

More information please. Like does it work if you switch to AGA-mode using same configuration. (change screenmode without saving it)

I am quite sure it has nothing to do with RTG. Hmm.. Do you have BEAMCON0<blahblah> message in the log when winuae switched to P96 mode? Native framerate switching can cause sound problems in some cases.
Old 13 May 2007, 13:27   #3
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

There is beamcon stuff yes.

I can switch to and from p96-> aga and paula will work as normal in aga mode, but break again when put back to p96.

ive tried messing with the keep amiga video 15/31hz p96 option, but didnt change anything.

Although not my current environment, it does it on a clean os39+p96 install.

The audio buffer slider does have effect - audio start later(not in sync) and sound ok till the buffer runs out, then its loopy crackly.

Last edited by Mad-Matt; 27 February 2021 at 14:32.
Old 13 May 2007, 14:27   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

It sets native mode to doublescanned mode (enables "56KHz audio"). I guess this must be causing the problem. (It shouldn't but perhaps something was broken..)

Quick test: Does setting chipset to OCS fix the problem? (custom refresh modes are not possible in OCS chipset)
Old 13 May 2007, 14:45   #5
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Im struggling to get wb to boot and be a usable speed when ocs is set (even though im suprised it works at all). gonna need to strip down me wb a bit to test this.

EDIT: Eventualy got to a point i could launch a mod player and sound did seem to work better although bare in mind everything was running so slow (all that was changed was aga to ocs before booting) that the sound played slow too, but at least to crackled n mangled

i think ijust experienced what it was like to use a 4 mhz rtg amiga !!!

Last edited by Mad-Matt; 13 May 2007 at 14:52.
Old 13 May 2007, 14:53   #6
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

OCS/ECS/AGA do not affect speed.

Just tick OCS and keep all other settings. Works fine here, at least
Old 13 May 2007, 14:56   #7
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

realy thats all i did, aga to ocs then booted. if i change it durring emulation, speed is not effected, and the rtg paula audio buffer is still a mess.
Old 13 May 2007, 15:07   #8
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Then most likely reason is something in your startup-sequence or wbstartup because CPU emulation does not care about emulated chipset (as long as fastest possible is enabled)
Old 13 May 2007, 15:28   #9
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Bare in mind it was happening with a clean os39 +p96 so i was having this odd isue before adding stuff. Although it powericons where wb seems to stall massively when ocs was selected.

Now interestingly I ran amikit and tried hippoplayer and all was fine, which is a wtf! moment for me . loadup my own config and behold my own config is working normal in deliplayed/octamed ect ... another wtf! moment

there seems to be some randomness to this oddity.

EDIT: Attached log. Looking at the log it seems ntsc and PAL mode, 59Hz (h=114 v=521) have not been called this time around. Could this be the random oddity ?

Last edited by Mad-Matt; 27 February 2021 at 14:32.