English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 26 November 2004, 12:11   #1
Polar Turkey

Ramlib error on zorro cards

When trying to access my zorro cards, the system hangs and I get a "Ramlib - error #80000004". Does anyone know what causes this?

My theory is that the connectors are unstable. Removing the cards and reconnecting them have worked out before, but not recently. However, the board diagnostics in the early startup finds the boards and report them to be working.

Old 26 November 2004, 13:27   #2
thomas

What do you mean by "to access your zorro cards" ? Which kind of card ? One or multiple ? Do you have drivers installed ?

First of all you should clean your Workbench from any drivers, especially those for which you don't have the correspoinging card installed.

Then you should add one zorro board after another and for each board, boot the Amiga, install the drivers and test it.

Ramlib usually crashes when some library crashes during open. So you either have an incompatible library or an old driver installed.

Ramlib also crashes when the stack size is too small. However you cannot easily set Ramlib's stack size. You might want to try StackAttack. Configure it to have 40000 bytes of stack for each task.
Old 26 November 2004, 15:50   #3
Polar Turkey

Thanks for the reply. I have one ariadne-ii ethernet card and one Prelude soundcard. The system crash when I click "online" in Miami or while launching an application that uses AHI.

I've been using the same system without any problems for several years. But I'll try to delete/re-install the drivers again and see what happens.