English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 09 July 2008, 02:00   #1
MrX_Cuci

Anyone seen this? Emu Control Center

http://www.camya.com/eccblog/

They already made a nice script for WinUAE to run games directly from emu control center. http://ecc.phoenixinteractive.mine.n...hp?f=31&t=1966 Will fiddle around some more with this tommorrow. You can import a dat file directly, pretty neat.
Old 09 July 2008, 02:35   #2
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

I'm familiar with it, my emu is supported by it.

I don't personally use it because there is (still) a confirmed bug that it won't launch anything, which makes it rather useless. Apparently they are (still) working on a fix. Apart from this I was quite impressed.
Old 09 July 2008, 11:07   #3
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

yeh i've seen it but it's far too complicated for me, and the amiga function is still pretty limited atm, in fact I still think it's locked to one config and I believe there's no way to set custom options per game.

I'm sure it's fine as a console frontend though.
Old 13 July 2008, 00:09   #4
ecc
emuControlCenter dev

First of all... hi @all! :-)

Quote:
a confirmed bug that it won't launch anything
This bug is only on WIN98 systems, so all works find under windows VISTA, XP and 2000! The problem is, that the core of emuControlCenter (php-gtk2) dont support WIN98 anymore :-(

Quote:
in fact I still think it's locked to one config and I believe there's no way to set custom options per game.
No, its for each game individual configurable. The only thing it, that the eccscript for this is missing... but phoenix will create this :-)

THIS FEATURE IS IN THE WIP VERSION! YOU CAN DONLOAD THIS VERSION IN THE emuControlCenter-FORUM

Quote:
yeh i've seen it but it's far too complicated for me
Hm, whats the biggest problem for you. What is to complicated? Btw: There are many great people in the emuControlCenter forum to help you.

Andreas (ecc)
emuControlCenter: http://www.camya.com/eccblog/

Old 13 July 2008, 00:30   #5
ecc
emuControlCenter dev

This is the configuration window for game based configurations (for amiga or other platforms). These can be used in eccscripts (scripts written in autoIT)

Click for Fullscreen
Old 13 July 2008, 01:47   #6
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

The new WIP looks nice, Andreas. I will try it the next days.
Old 13 July 2008, 02:02   #7
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

It's the ecc-script that is too complicated for me, but if a script can be created that can make use of those settings (which appear to have been lifted straight out of GameBase Amiga) then that will be great.

A few other things that annoy me is although it can now only show the first disk of a game, i think it's limited to looking for (disk x of x) whereas gamebase amiga filenames all end in Disk1 or DiskA.

oh and the savetypes in the rominfo (battery/password/memory card) show it's still too console orientated.

Now having said all that it definitely looks like you are continuing to improve the program and if the above gets implemented I will be even more interested
Old 13 July 2008, 02:07   #8
spajdr
Old fart

Send a message via ICQ to spajdr
ecc : wow, very nice looking program, gonna try it when i get home from night shift!
Old 13 July 2008, 02:10   #9
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath View Post

A few other things that annoy me is although it can now only show the first disk of a game, i think it's limited to looking for (disk x of x) whereas gamebase amiga filenames all end in Disk1 or DiskA.
Yes, that's true. ECC uses crc based scans and looks for the unmodified TOSEC names. This is really it a bit annoying. Not all prefer this uber long names.
Old 13 July 2008, 02:18   #10
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

If I understood the script I'd change it myself...but it hurts my head to look at it.
Gemus is very simple to use in comparison but is still very powerful.
Old 13 July 2008, 02:23   #11
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Hmm, looks quite good. I just downloaded it and now it scans my N64 roms as a test.

Quote:
ECC uses crc based scans and looks for the unmodified TOSEC names
Does that mean that the disks have to be renamed with the latest TOSEC dat or does it recognize them by the CRC32?

Quote:
If I understood the script I'd change it myself...but it hurts my head to look at it.
Gemus is very simple to use in comparison but is still very powerful.
If I read it correctly it is AutoIT. It's a script language to automate Windows programs. This way you could get emulator to work which do not provide a command line interface. It's not very suited to create a WinUAE config file on the fly. Since I have worked with it I might have a look on creating a script for ECC.
Old 13 July 2008, 02:32   #12
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecc View Post
This is the configuration window for game based configurations (for amiga or other platforms). These can be used in eccscripts (scripts written in autoIT)

Click for Fullscreen
Mmh, i've set the needed custom settings for Aladdin AGA, but ECC starts the game still with standard OCS (Amiga 500) settings. Tested it with the latest WinUAE version 1.5.1 Beta 4.
Old 13 July 2008, 02:34   #13
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Yeh andreas? said phoenix still needs to write an updated script which can take advantage of these extended settings, if you look at the eccscript for winuae it's still rather simple (well simple in what it's doing, not how it does it).

and tcd: yeh it recognises the crcs, it doesnt have to be tosec names, but the script currently only recognises multidisk games by the (disk x of x), change the script and you can change that behaviour.
Old 13 July 2008, 02:35   #14
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Mmh, i've set the needed custom settings for Aladdin AGA, but ECC starts the game still with standard OCS (Amiga 500) settings. Tested it with the latest WinUAE version 1.5.1 Beta 4.
If I got it right there is yet no script for the parameters. Looks like an example how it will be when the script is ready

@Belgarath
Where is the script for WinUAE? Haven't had a deeper look at the folder of ECC.
Old 13 July 2008, 02:40   #15
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
If I got it right there is yet no script for the parameters. Looks like an example how it will be when the script is ready

Quote:
THIS FEATURE IS IN THE WIP VERSION! YOU CAN DONLOAD THIS VERSION IN THE emuControlCenter-FORUM
I've downloaded the lasted WIP, it's for registered users only. There you can configure this "per game" settings.
Old 13 July 2008, 02:42   #16
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

i am registered and i did download it
but he meant the configure per game options is in the wip version but he also says

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecc
No, its for each game individual configurable. The only thing it, that the eccscript for this is missing... but phoenix will create this :-)
edit: and here's the relative post on the ecc forum

Quote:
I´ve implemented an ini template for use with ecc-scripts "ecc-script/amiga/winuae-template.ini". At this moment, it isnt used by amiga-eccscript at this moment. But i hope, it will be later.

This contains the most used and needed paramenters in an amiga aue config. This is based on the GEMU script from gamebase! You can alter these settings for each rom
Old 13 July 2008, 02:47   #17
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

They don't accept googlemail.com as a valid email address
So I have to wait till there is a stable version with Amiga support. Or somebody could PM me where I could get it
Can someone at least attach the script for the Amiga?
Old 13 July 2008, 02:48   #18
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Aah, i see. I hope it works in the end. Looks promising so far.
Old 13 July 2008, 02:51   #19
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Here's the script, i just added .txt to the end so I could attach it.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuae.eccscript.txt (3.7 KB, 334 views)
Old 13 July 2008, 02:59   #20
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Here's the script, i just added .txt to the end so I could attach it.
Thank you Belgarath!
Since the disk number extraction is hard-coded you have to implement each different naming scheme. Would be a lot easier if the corresponding disk names would be just passed to the script. And I see why Retro could get AGA to work : It's not implemented at all I will have a look tomorrow morning and will post a script that will allow to pass the arguments shown in the screenshot to WinUAE Okay given I can figure out how the arguments are passed to the script.
Can someone also upload 'eccScriptSystem.au3'?
And 'winuae-template.ini'