English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 13 July 2008, 03:00   #21
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
but the script currently only recognises multidisk games by the (disk x of x)
Yeah, that's what i've meant with TOSEC names. All TOSEC renamed computer games with multiple disk images uses (disk x of x).

Quote:
will have a look tomorrow morning and will post a script that will allow to pass the arguments shown in the screenshot to WinUAE
Coolio. Good luck!!!
Old 13 July 2008, 03:05   #22
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

here ya go
Attached Files
File Type: txt eccScriptSystem.au3.txt (7.3 KB, 266 views)
Old 13 July 2008, 03:09   #23
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Again thanks
Just found out that it wont work with games that have more than 9 disks, since the calculation of the number of disks relies on the fact the there is only one digit for the disk number

Okay could someone be so kind to upload the WIP version somewhere and PM me the location? I would register if they would let me I really need to check what I do, but the script is fairly easy to understand so if I can get hold of the parameters entered in ECC I'm sure I can make a working script

Last edited by TCD; 13 July 2008 at 03:15.
Old 13 July 2008, 10:44   #24
ecc
emuControlCenter dev

Only have time for one line or two :-)

emuControlCenter already extract automaticly the romA + romX game names to the ecc-script/eccScriptRom.dat, if a "more than one file" schema is found.

This can be also used in eccScript!

INFOS FROM CHANGELOG:
Quote:
- added an new multi section to the eccScriptRom.dat
-- automatic detect multifile sequences from filename
-- detected syntax "filename (3/9).ext", "filename (Disc 3of9).ext", "filename-3.ext", "filename-A.ext"
-- automaticly create MULIT_ROM_FILE_N commandline paramenters, if file is available (case sensitive)
-- up to range (e.g. 15 if 4of15), if no range is set, up to 26 or aA-zZ (eg filename-a form -a to -z)
--- MULTI_ROM_FILE_1 = "monke1-1.adf"
--- MULTI_ROM_FILE_2 = "monke1-2.adf"
--- MULTI_ROM_FILE_1 = "test(!)(1/2)(Spanish).adf"
--- MULTI_ROM_FILE_2 = "test(!)(2/2)(Spanish).adf"
--- MULTI_ROM_FILE_1 = "test(Disk A)(German).adf"
--- MULTI_ROM_FILE_2 = "test(Disk B)(Spanish).adf"
Looks like this

Quote:
[MULTI]
rom_file_1 = "D:/# Emulation and Roms/# Commodore/# Amiga/roms/Agony\agony-(1of3).adf"
rom_file_2 = "D:/# Emulation and Roms/# Commodore/# Amiga/roms/Agony\agony-(2of3).adf"
rom_file_3 = "D:/# Emulation and Roms/# Commodore/# Amiga/roms/Agony\agony-(3of3).adf"
Old 13 July 2008, 10:49   #25
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Hi Andreas,

the eccScript arguments are not yet passed to 'eccScriptRom.dat' right? Is there any way I could adjust the script to use the arguments? I know AutoIT very well and would be happy to help you and Phoenix with this
Old 13 July 2008, 10:55   #26
Marcuz

i use ECC and i love it!
thanks for the cool work!
Old 13 July 2008, 12:39   #27
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Alright here it is
I modified the script so it actually uses the information entered in the Meta-Data within ECC. Just extract the attached files to your root directory of ECC with the path information of course. I have not yet checked the disk numbering issue, but since Andreas pointed out how to use the information I might do that aswell
Attached Files
File Type: zip ecc-script.zip (3.9 KB, 227 views)

Last edited by TCD; 13 July 2008 at 12:50.
Old 13 July 2008, 13:15   #28
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Excellent work TCD, that seems to do the trick!

Can you not get it to recognise filenames ending in Disk1 and DiskA as multidisk games though?
Old 13 July 2008, 13:25   #29
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath View Post
Excellent work TCD, that seems to do the trick!

Can you not get it to recognise filenames ending in Disk1 and DiskA as multidisk games though?
Thank you Belgarath
The information is generated inside ECC if I'm correct, so could you upload one example of disks with that naming scheme to the zone? I will have a look then and tell you if it is possible to use the information. Have you figured out if you can manually 'merge' files to be used together?
Old 13 July 2008, 13:31   #30
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Ok I've put files with that naming scheme in the zone.
As for merging..i'm not sure what you mean? You can tell ecc which is disk 1 and which is disk 2 but it still won't insert disk2.
Old 13 July 2008, 13:35   #31
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Alright I see that the information is already there but not used. I will look at it and hopefully have a solution in about an hour or so
Old 13 July 2008, 14:06   #32
ecc
emuControlCenter dev

Quote:
It's the ecc-script that is too complicated for me. Gemus is very simple to use in comparison but is still very powerful.
Yes, the ecc-scripts aren´t simple like the gamebase gemus... but this autoIT have functions to start also emulators without commandline... and thats why we use it. Also its big work to write an gamebase gemus parser in php.... i tried it, but its to many work :-)

Quote:
although it can now only show the first disk of a game
This mode is based on the metadata "Media x of n" in the METADATA Popup. This is only to make the lists smaller, if you wish this based on the rom settings. (BTW: You can upload your Metadata for amiga games to the online romdb, and so you and other people can use this data!)

Quote:
rominfo (battery/password/memory card) show it's still too console orientated.
What is missing? I will add your options in this dropdown if they fit!

Quote:
ECC uses crc based scans and looks for the unmodified TOSEC names.
NO, emuControlCenter is only CRC32 based. The filenames are not parsed for any information yet! You can use the online romdb for storing and retrieving meta-informations like name, developer, year aso! Also you can export dat files to give this to other people (or as backup). The prefered way is to upload your data to the romdb, because so everybody can use this metainformations!

Quote:
If I read it correctly it is AutoIT. It's not very suited to create a WinUAE config file on the fly.
Yes :-) You are right, its sometimes complicated. Maybe its possible to write some functions to make it more like the gamebase scripts.

Quote:
Thats a problem, i think. That was a stupid idea to only add a number or a character at the end of an filename, i think.
Whats, if the game called "abb.rom" and the other is called "aba.rom". I really dont know, if this is a sequence or a complete other rom.
Ok, for ab-a.rom and b.rom or ab-1.rom ab-2.rom i have the same problem :-) Let me see :-)
In my opinion, something like (1of5) or (2/3) is a great syntax, but i know, that for gamebase only characters are added at the end :-)
Old 13 July 2008, 14:27   #33
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

@Balgareth
Here you go
Had to add a workaround to support zipped files, because the filenames passed to the config file are the unzipped ones

Edit : It should now work with every naming convention as long as ECC passes the names to the interface

@ecc
I think my script is now pretty much complete. You can add entries to the 'winuae-template.ini' and add the parameters to the Meta-Data without changing the script. Only thing that should be changed in the interface is that the correct filename should be passed and not the unzipped one (see above ).
Attached Files
File Type: zip ecc-script.zip (4.2 KB, 226 views)
Old 13 July 2008, 14:48   #34
ecc
emuControlCenter dev

If a rom is packed, these 3 parameters are also filled. Can you use these?

Quote:
rom_file_packed = ""
ecc_unpacked_file = ""
ecc_unpacked_path = ""
Quote:
I think my script is now pretty much complete. You can add entries to the 'winuae-template.ini' and add the parameters to the Meta-Data without changing the script. Only thing that should be changed in the interface is that the correct filename should be passed and not the unzipped one (see above ).
greeeeaaat ... this is a really great work . I tried to change the cpu, and it works! Is it now possible to pass all parameters?

Btw. THE CONFIG IS TAKEN FROM GAMEBASE .... is there anything needed missing?

use_gui=no
kickstart_rom=v1.3
nr_floppies=3
floppy0type=0
floppy1type=0
floppy2type=0
floppy3type=-1
immediate_blits=false
ntsc=false
chipset=OCS
collision_level=playfields
fastmem_size=0
bogomem_size=2
chipmem_size=2
cpu_speed=real
cpu_type=68000
cpu_compatible=false
cpu_cycle_exact=false
blitter_cycle_exact=false

Also the question is, if some of these parameters can be removed! What values should be the default values

statefile
Another questions is "statefile" .... how winuae handle this? In gemus, this was added for every game, but i think, that was no good idea, because the savegames could be named like the game.

woda.adf will be woda.uss in the same folder. Maybe this could be done by the script by default.

Last edited by ecc; 13 July 2008 at 14:53.
Old 13 July 2008, 14:54   #35
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecc View Post
If a rom is packed, these 3 parameters are also filled. Can you use these?

greeeeaaat ... this is a really great work . I tried to change the cpu, and it works! Is it now possible to pass all parameters?

Btw. THE CONFIG IS TAKEN FROM GAMEBASE .... is there anything needed missing?

use_gui=no
kickstart_rom=v1.3
nr_floppies=3
floppy0type=0
floppy1type=0
floppy2type=0
floppy3type=-1
immediate_blits=false
ntsc=false
chipset=OCS
collision_level=playfields
fastmem_size=0
bogomem_size=2
chipmem_size=2
cpu_speed=real
cpu_type=68000
cpu_compatible=false
cpu_cycle_exact=false
blitter_cycle_exact=false
Thank you

All parameters work, just try it! You can even add new ones to 'winuae-template.ini' and put them in the eccScript within ECC

I use the 'Multi' section of 'eccScriptRom.dat' and there the 'real' name should be passed. I have added '.zip' files and the interface renamed them to '.adf'. That's the only thing left do for 'real' Amiga support within ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecc View Post
Also the question is, if some of these parameters can be removed! What values should be the default values

statefile
Another questions is "statefile" .... how winuae handle this? In gemus, this was added for every game, but i think, that was no good idea, because the savegames could be named like the game.

woda.adf will be woda.uss in the same folder. Maybe this could be done by the script by default.
Just leave the parameter in the file. You never know if a game might need them

I don't know if the statefile is very useful though. But maybe Belgarath can say something about it
Old 13 July 2008, 14:55   #36
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

@TCD that worked great, until I tried running a game with 4 disks then I got an error (see attachment).

@ecc re: the save types..well it's a disk based system so where's save to disk?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.png
Views:	293
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	17116  
Old 13 July 2008, 14:58   #37
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgarath View Post
@TCD that worked great, until I tried running a game with 4 disks then I got an error (see attachment).
Okay I'll check it. Hang on a sec

Edit : It was a very stupid error Here's the fix :
Edit2 : And the updated package, just for everyone as lazy as me
Attached Files
File Type: zip winuae.eccscript.zip (1.8 KB, 218 views)
File Type: zip ecc-script.zip (4.2 KB, 242 views)

Last edited by TCD; 13 July 2008 at 15:04.
Old 13 July 2008, 15:08   #38
Belgarath
HOL Team Member

Oh and yes every config line is needed and as for the statefile, it was specifically added so that any winuae quicksave to slot 0 would automatically be loaded next time you start the game, it's a very handy feature.
Old 13 July 2008, 16:15   #39
ecc
emuControlCenter dev

Storage type:

"Media / Battery" e.g. Disk, Tape, Battery <- amiga here!
"Password / Code",
"Memory card",
"Harddrive",

It this ok?

"Media / Battery" because the battery is the same as storing data on a disk. You have the stored data in both cases direct on the media.

Maybe it is also possible to combine

"Harddrive / Memory card"
Old 13 July 2008, 16:49   #40
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Awesome work TCD. This really works!!!! Many thanks for this.