English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 21 December 2013, 10:56   #21
sokolovic

Is it possible to run Worms DC on the CD32 ? Far better than the original Worms and it don't have any copy protection... But then again, maybe the CD32 will lack some RAM.
Old 21 December 2013, 12:38   #22
earok

@sokolovic, it turns out someone's done it already (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=20701), but I don't see any reason why I shouldn't add it to this compilation anyway.

Gah, another frustrating day working on the project! I had real trouble getting Gloom Deluxe to display anything on screen, I fiddled around with so many different settings and it turns out I was just missing some libraries! Doh.
Old 21 December 2013, 14:33   #23
earok

I stumbled upon this tool here on aminet, which theoretically should make it easy for almost any Amiga game to be fully mapped to CD32 controllers!

http://aminet.net/package/driver/input/joy2key2

Haven't tested it yet, can anyone confirm or deny whether or not it should work on the CD32?

EDIT: At least from testing on WinUAE, it does appear to work on a CD32 config! Hallelujah! This opens up a world of possibilities for making games fully playable on a keyboard free CD32.

Last edited by earok; 21 December 2013 at 14:54.
Old 22 December 2013, 01:01   #24
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Nice tool that seems to work fine in WB after a short test. But can i use the mapped raw keys somehow with installed WHDLoad games? Doesn't seem to work, tried Alien Breed and mapped $40 (Space key) to CD32 button 2.
Old 22 December 2013, 02:15   #25
earok

@Retro-Nerd it looks like I've spoken too soon! I've opened a thread in a different board asking for help but it looks like joy2key2 can't be used with WHDLoad games (and doesn't seem to work on non whdload games I've tried too, like gloom deluxe)
Old 22 December 2013, 02:41   #26
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

I've asked Wepl about this key to joypad mapping in WHDLoad a few hours ago. But I'm afraid he won't a have user friendly option for it. So, more CD32 pad patches requests will be the only option as it seems.
Old 01 January 2014, 15:35   #27
gjb1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by mombasajoe View Post
Requests for that compilation as it is or requests for more games to put on that compilation?
first pinball game. pinball dreams? lost dutchman mine adn pirates! please
Old 04 January 2014, 12:14   #28
earok

Thanks gjb1985, I've added them into the list.

Just postedthe first WIP version of the compilation, featuring 15 games. Detail and download in original post.
Old 06 January 2014, 17:36   #29
lentivector
Zone Friend

Can I suggest some games? I am now out from amiga's world, but in searching of new cd32 game compilations, I resumed an old discussion in which I told about a personal compilation project. I don't have anymore any files of my project but I remember that the games listed worked perfectly in a cd32 emulated with win-uae, so could you try with them?
Games working in my compilation:
Advantage tennis (keyboard)
bratwurst (an additictive aminet 2/4 players game, roketz clone)
brutaltenia (addictive aminet worms game 1/2 players)
coolspot
Epic
globalgladiators
rally championship aga (keyboard)
rally championship ecs
super takwondo master
warmup (keyboard)
satan (keyboard?)
castle kingdoms (shit game)

games not already tested in my compilation:
disc
pegasus
micro mortal tennis
super tennis champ (consider seriously)
drivin'force (required original disks)
power drift (reqired original disks)
big run
prawo
dogs of war

Could you also consider Snow Bros and liquid kid.

If you only would add Advantage tennis, rally championship AGA, Epic and Snow Bros I will be very happy. I really loved these games. Good work
Old 06 January 2014, 17:55   #30
lentivector
Zone Friend

If you will also find a way to run virtual karting (1 or 2), sensible world of soccer 96-97, aladdin and XP8 it would be great!
Old 06 January 2014, 20:55   #31
earok

Thanks lentivector, I'll add these to the lists. I can see Rally Championship has recently been patched to at least get past the copy protection screen without keyboard (see: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=71628).
Old 08 January 2014, 00:12   #32
lentivector
Zone Friend

Thank you for this information, but I hope to play this game in your new cd32 compilation!
Do you know that putty squad AGA was finally released (thanks to Galahad of the English Amiga Board who contacted System 3 directly) in october 2013? And it is also available the WHDload version!
I also want to suggest Shaq-fu (I think you should try to add the ECS version becouse of the low memory required to load compared to the AGA version), never seen in any cd32 compilation, and Pierre le chef, that exist as a CD32 iso and was never added to a compilation.
Old 08 January 2014, 20:20   #33
earok

Shaq Fu? Haha, this is going to become quite the eclectic collection.

Added those three into the lists. I'll try to do AGA Shaq Fu first, if I have no luck with that I'll revert to ECS.
Old 10 January 2014, 00:41   #34
lentivector
Zone Friend

Shaq Fu is not that bad compared to these other amiga "gems" (that I think were never added to a compilation):
super tennis champ
damage: The Sadistic Butchering Of Humanity
shadow warriors
sword of sodan
Hugo
Eliminator
Taekwondo Master (If yuo are seriously thinking to add Prawo Krwi, you must consider also this one)
Tiger road
Guldkorn Expressen
best of the best
eat the whistle
mick and mack global gladiators
son shu-shi

I'll stop my proposals; I will wait for you work, now.
Old 10 January 2014, 00:45   #35
earok

Haha, no problem, keep the proposals coming. I should have the next version ISO (of 30 games) out today.
Old 10 January 2014, 10:43   #36
sokolovic

Dunno if there is really a difference between Shaq-Fu AGA and ECS a part from one running only with 2MB chip ram machines...

About Pierre le Chef, you may put the Amiga 1200 version because the CD32 one will lack the in game music (same thing for all the games that have CD32 version and CDXL music => use the computer version !)
Old 10 January 2014, 14:10   #37
earok

Ok, version 0.2 is up! 30 games to play.
Old 14 January 2014, 01:26   #38
lentivector
Zone Friend

I cannot stop me, it's a problem? Other "classics" that you could add to your compilation:
death trap by anco
Dreamweb
Gee bee air rally
primal rage
Universe (I don't know if it has any sense because of saves)
Indianapolis 500
prime mover (already in the 888 compilation but it freeze, at least in my cd32)
street rod 2
Enemy: Tempest Of Violence
fire and forget 2
Doman
shockwave
Drivin' Force (better than powerdrift)
evil dawn (very bad!)
impossible mission 2025 (already for cd32)
aaaaand stop....for now!
Old 14 January 2014, 07:17   #39
earok

Added to the list bro. I'll do another version once I've added and tested 60 games.

Hah! Evil dawn must have been bad if it doesn't even have a spot on Lemon Amiga.

I tried Drivin' Force but it seems to require a mouse to get past the title screen, is that the case?

Did you see that I did a stand alone version of Rally Championships in another thread? (It'll be in the next compilation anyway)
Old 14 January 2014, 13:30   #40
other_reality

It's nice to still see cd32 compilations being made !

An idea of mine was that it would be nice to have separate genre compilations, e.g a shoot'em'up compilation, a platform comiplation etc. It would be easier to remember what games are on what disc when you power up the console to play a bit. With many comps out there allready, it's a bit confusing (i know you can print some covers or even write them down, but a simple SHMUP compilation (this in particular would make me happy, i love amiga shmups and there's a ton of them) on the label would be more than enough to get you going)

Other than that, I would love to see a compilation with really old amiga games, such as battleships, RVF Honda, Qix, Mech etc, and certainly as many as good public domain games as possible (Drip, TANX, infiltrator, Party games -lol), again in the same fashion, separate comps for each "theme"