English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.APoV

Old 13 July 2004, 15:56   #1
Jim

Idea: Fun & Games page

Some filler, if nothing else:

Fun & Games page(s) with stuff like anagrams, wordsearch, quizes, crosswords etc... all releated to the Amiga.

Old 13 July 2004, 16:07   #2
Bloodwych

Going by the "Ask CodyJ" challenge thread, he'll wipe the floor with us!

That guy shoots out HOL suggestions faster than Dizzy and Kombats bowls shift after a mammoth indian/lager sesh (no pics please Diz).

I'm always in favour of anything that keeps the community going. Just finding people willing enough to set everything up.
Old 13 July 2004, 16:10   #3
Jim

I can help with Anagrams!

http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=14266

It'll be easier making a magazine version, as with the EAB it is 24/7 work as they are all relying on me to keep them updated on the solved/unsolved status

Old 13 July 2004, 16:13   #4
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

If this goes ahead Id post my 'challenge' threads there
Old 13 July 2004, 18:01   #5
Dizzy
Pirate

Yeah good idea..
then we can play Santas and my favourite game. We sit in a room drinken bottles of beer and booze. Then 1 leave the room, and the other has to guess who did leave the room. If you are correct, then you win a bottle of Vodka (because your not drunk enough)
Old 14 July 2004, 04:14   #6
Dizzy
Pirate

Jim I found this for you

more here
Old 14 July 2004, 04:17   #7
Jim

Hope you aren't insinuating that I am a pirate Mr Dizzy ?

Quick tip to solve a difficult maze like that is to build a replica out of wood, and take a leak in it. Follow your urine to the exit.

P.S. How do I stop the new beta Windows Update from telling me I have invalid key?

Old 14 July 2004, 04:19   #8
Dizzy
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
Hope you aren't insinuating that I am a pirate Mr Dizzy ?
Oh no, but maze like this should look cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim
P.S. How do I stop the new beta Windows Update from telling me I have invalid key?
Use Linux
Old 14 July 2004, 17:08   #9
blackcornflake

We have considered this sort of thing, actually. I think a spot the difference/colouring-in thing might be nice, for example, so people could get their crayons out.

Another idea that has been bandied about is to have an old-style hi-score pantheon type thing. You know, 'Commando - 750,082 - Fred the Duck'. Also thought about occasional specific games challenges, in some form or another.

But all this stuff has only ever got as far as the vague concept stage, because we've given priority to other things. And the decision to go with any of these ideas would ultimately come down to the level of response we thought we were likely to get, as well as how effectively they could be implemented and administered.
Old 14 July 2004, 17:18   #10
BippyM
Global Moderator

Why not start a high scores thread?

That way if the response is good enough it could be more seriously considerd, Dastardly is always doing ickle challenges here and there, maybe he would like to run something like this for APoV??

Obviously it'd be piss easy to cheat so proving would be difficult, maybe save-states or whatever!
Old 14 July 2004, 17:19   #11
Dizzy
Pirate

I dont think the Highscore stuff is very good, The way Das do it is cool. But having some kind of crossword etc could be fun. Just having one place to upload/ post it and then people can print it them self would be fun. But then again mayby it would only be few contribution, so
Old 14 July 2004, 17:49   #12
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

I posted a thread about doing an EAB high score table a while back. People generally thought it was a good idea but it didnt go anywhere after that. I dont think the interest would be strong enough.

Id be happy to add my challenge threads to a 'fun and games' section but even those are hit and miss as its hard to know what people will have a go at.

Maybe if the results of this new section were added to the APoV it would encourage people to have a go.