English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.GameBase Amiga

Old 02 June 2009, 01:58   #1
kirk
Zone Friend

basic nooby ques, but im stumped

whilst waiting for jamiga next update im having a faff with gamebase amiga.

cud some kind soul explain to a gamebase amiga noob exactly how to load a game with its own winuae config, i presume its something to do with scripts etc ?, ive really no clue.all i can do is just run all stuff from same default config, man im stumped, but i know its simple, but how ?

also, when linking a game file in the gamebase list there seems to be no option for multiple disks so i just link the first disk and run, so im wondering what will happen when disk 2 is needed, swap to be done ? (obviously if i cud run each game with its own winuae config file this wud be a moot point)

cheers
Old 02 June 2009, 08:08   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Heh Well the update is progressing quite nicely. Just need to save back some new settings and I'm done. Guess I'll have a beta version ready next weekend.

You can edit the WinUAE settings with the GEMUS scripts. I can't have a look right now, but if you right click on a config there should be something like 'GEMUS script'. Here you can set variables for the global GEMUS script which will then edit the UAE config on the fly. If you want to change a 'global' setting for Gamebase it's better to load the two UAE files in the Gamebase dir, edit and save them back. Well maybe you just wait a few days
Old 02 June 2009, 23:51   #3
kirk
Zone Friend

thanx for that, man i can not get my head around this gemus script stuff, and to be honest im still none the wiser, and ur reply has only confirmed that ill never get the hang of gamebase (although it was terriffic for zsnes, but obviously no different configs for each game needed there)

so, in a nutshell, my wander into gamebase amiga land has only got me hankering for jamiga even more !, it really is great with the ease it lets you run individual configs from a games list, theres still nowt out there like it, sure, there are some ace frontends like gamebase etc, but they do make loading individual configs a real chore when it should be simple (as in lemonade, but that was actually TOO basic !), jamiga is poised to take frontends where they shoud actually be, winuae config based, intuitive and customizable, thanx druid !
Old 03 June 2009, 00:04   #4
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Wow, thanks kirk
Gamebase has a different approach than JAmiga (which will be renamed with the next version btw ). It's great when you want to have ready to go configs, but isn't really suited for organising your own configs.