English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 24 December 2011, 17:21   #21
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vollldo View Post
Which disc did you use StingRay ?
Those that I leeched from the boards back in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnie View Post
BTW, when does the manual protection kick in ? I have tried the .sps and the WHDLoad versions in WinUae and no protection is evident on level 1.
Manual protecion will appear when you finish the 1st level.

Quote:
Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuh i tried the disk.1 and it doesn't work !!!!! C01570 guru after a few seconds of loading, exactly like the cracked versions !!!
Then I suppose your disk drive has a problem. The game uses standard DOS format, no special tricks are used. How do you transfer the disks? Check if the written disk is 100% identical to the image you transferred it from.

Quote:
By the way, stupid question : i don't know anything concerning whdload versions and i tried to rename disk.1 for z-out because the hard disk corrects the gfx carbage effects during a few seconds in the level 5. The game is loading on my A500 but black screen when the title screen have to appear. So are these whdload disk.* able to be transfered by simply renaming or are they almost working for whdload ???
Z-Out uses custom MFM format thus you can't just rename the disk images and hope that it'll work. Renaming the disk images will only work for normal DOS disks.

Quote:
I doubt that the problem comes from my my A500, i transfered with success 1200 floppies and i had some problems with a few games only (at the maximum 10)...

I am not the one who have difficulties with this one apparently...
As already said, I never had any problems with this very game on my A500. So I still think it's a problem on your end. Check your drive, maybe the heads are dirty or something like that.
Old 24 December 2011, 17:26   #22
Vollldo

I will check but i cleaned it a few time ago and i don't have any problem with 99% of games. It is my original A500, hard as a rock lol .
I use Adfblitzer or Easy Adf on my A1200 with my flash card since months now.
Thanks for your advice StingRay !

Last edited by Vollldo; 24 December 2011 at 17:48.

Old 24 December 2011, 18:14   #23
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
i confirm that brian the lion OCS cracked was not working on my A600 when i transfered it no matter what i did. The intro was kind of stuck in a loop. This is surely due to a programming bug.
Old 25 December 2011, 11:05   #24
Vollldo

Yes this one has a problem. I had a cracked version 15 years ago as i said above, the tosec sets are buggy, all what i transfered is perfectly working... Well i have the wonderfull aga version so it is ok...