English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 12 September 2002, 14:37   #1
Unregistered

Unhappy Knights of the Sky

can anyone get knights of the sky to fully work? what I mean is running it on lastest version of winUAE ecs13 compatible, the game fully runs, but soon as I try to start world war 1 it just freezes to a black screen after I have accepted my new pilot!

If I select training from the main menu it loads fully to airbase/airplane selector screen and loads to the main game engine and works fine!

has anyone please got an idea why world war 1 won`t work? also tried different cracked adfs to no avail!!

Old 16 September 2002, 20:37   #2
Unregistered

I have the same problem too mate! does anyone have a clue?

Old 16 September 2002, 22:02   #3
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Imagine. two unregistereds having the exact same problem... and neither start sentences with capitals.
Old 16 September 2002, 22:06   #4
Ian
Global Moderator

And more to the point they both have very similar IP's and host names

The game doesn't work for me either, try blindly bashing each key on the keyboard that normally helps get things going in any game.

Or try an alternate version.

I have tried a few versions and none of them work so far, so you maybe right unregistered, it might be f*cked.

Last edited by Ian; 16 September 2002 at 23:07.
Old 17 September 2002, 07:28   #5
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by Ian
And more to the point they both have very similar IP's and host names
hehe...yeah, I noticed that, too! and notice that both of these individuals end every sentence with an exclamation point!? i'm sure this is a coincidence! but just in case, I am trying to emulate this unique writing style! if I could only hack my IP, I'd be groovin'!
Old 17 September 2002, 20:20   #6
Unregistered

Wink

bloody hell, imagine that! thought that cause no one has the brains to solve the problem, they would`nt get on to my sarcastic second post!

well fuck me there just might be 1 brain cell in this forum!!!!!!!!????????

Old 17 September 2002, 20:30   #7
Ian
Global Moderator

I can tell you now that this is an emulator problem (Probably)

Try some of the earlier versions of WinUAE see if it works with them.
Old 17 September 2002, 21:11   #8
Unregistered

What is an emu? I think I once had one of those, but my sister ate it.

Old 17 September 2002, 23:53   #9
Dizzy
Pirate

together with your floppies...
Old 18 September 2002, 00:36   #10
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
What is an emu? I think I once had one of those, but my sister ate it.
Ask an Aussie, for example Icycool.
He *does* know what an 'emu' is like
Old 19 September 2002, 17:53   #11
LaundroMat

Injecting some seriousness in this thread here: I remember having problems with KOTS at the time on my A1200, and it really depended on its mood whether it'd run or just crash because of a bad track/sector. So it could be due to the crack, or rather a semi-faulty cracked original being distributed at the time...
Old 19 September 2002, 18:30   #12
andreas
Zone Friend

Exclamation

Toni will find it out.
If either 'Unregistered' or 'Unregistered' was registered (), he/she would've had the possibility to upload the disks in the zone and not I would've had to be the bogeyman again and be the one to up the copies. Toni isn't that happy if he has to make the copies himself first to find the bug. The bug *CANNOT* be reproduced with the TOSEC disks, because the game will recognize the disks as "originals" and refuse to save pilot data on them.
Old 19 September 2002, 21:08   #13
Dela

I had the original version of this game and still have the copy protection list. I have tried numerous versions of adf`s on winUAE and winfellow, is this an emulator problem the fact that u have to make a copy to access the proper world war 1?. Why does it freeze at track 66?

Old 21 September 2002, 00:30   #14
andreas
Zone Friend

Happy KNIGHTS OF THE SKY NOW WORKS!

Yeah! With huge help from Toni, the problem could be analyzed and finally solved!

There were TWO "bugs".

[1] Hang at track #66. That's because the game code looks for a serial port! So ENABLE the serial port and the game loads fine!
[2] Crash at track #07. That's the trainer coder's fault! He tampered with the KOTS executable to cram his trainer into the address space! In the AlphaFlight version, if the trainer is removed from startup-sequence, the Amiga will crash! Otherwise, the game will load beyond track 07 with no problems.

Now WHY? WHY is the trainer removed from the startup-sequence every time when you make a copy of the disk? Because those guys are CLEVER! I mean those guys who programmed the game. Toni said that
Quote:
it seems someone removed the trainer from startup-sequence (without testing the game)
No, this is simply PURPOSE!
What are we using to make copies of the "original" disks (i. e. the TOSEC disks)? Right, the routine supplied by the ORIGINAL game!! And the original game obviously didn't have any "trainer". Now, what happens? Due to these sophisticated routines a modified startup-sequence is detected, appended the extension *.bak and replaced by the original startup-sequence without the trainer!
And as said before, with the trainer removed, the game doesn't work anymore. Simple, eh?

100% KOTS copies are in the zone.
I did NOT save any pilot data on the disks because I want these disks as close in original state as possible.
So feel free to TOSECize these disks!

Tally ho chaps!

Last edited by andreas; 21 September 2002 at 01:55.
Old 21 September 2002, 02:10   #15
RetroMan

P.S : Sorry @andreas but it seems the download won´t work, maybe because of the "%" ???
Old 21 September 2002, 02:57   #16
Uukrul

Use this URL

http://............./KOTS_100%25.zip

Old 21 September 2002, 03:09   #17
RetroMan

@Uukrul

Thx but I allready completed download before Was in a hurry and too lazy to look for the 25
Old 21 September 2002, 11:06   #18
RCK
Administrator

% char fixed in the zone interface.
Old 23 September 2002, 13:19   #19
Dela

SUPERB WORK WELL DONE CHAPS!

TALLY HOOOOOOO!

Old 27 November 2005, 19:09   #20
Achernar

Unhappy

Ok, so It's been a while since I played this game but something isn't right. I don't remember being attacked by enemy non-stop the whole time. It's weird. I have a 106 kills, all the medals and I have only progessed to the point of having the the third aircraft. I will kill about 10 guys ... and more just keep turning up....My missions are dogged by enemy following me from take off. No point killing them cause more turn up....unless I want 500 kills...it seems pointless.

An emulator issue?..I have tried the so called kots expansion pack that seems to only change the version number to 4.00

Is this the way the game always was. It seems silly to get so many kills so quickly. Im sure less enemy turned up when I used to play on the amiga.

dunno.....