English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 17 April 2020, 01:24   #1
tangodown

Can't use "Enter" key to Enter, FS-UAE game

So I finally got Sensible World of Soccer going thanks to fehmi and others.

My next issue is that I am not using a game pad or joystick atm. So I just want to use the keys.

So the arrow keys are working to move the selection cursor around, but when I try to select/execute a country or exit with the enter key, it just goes into full screen mode. So then I just hit every key, as you do, trying to see which one is the enter or fire key, but I get screen shots, volume change, res change ect.

I had a look in the forums but couldn't find a solution, apart from the F12 key, which bought up the in game menu, but then the arrow keys stopped working so I couldn't move the cursor.

Lil' help please. Is there somewhere in the launcher where I can see which keys are assigned to which so I don't need to guess. And why the cursor isn't working in the in game menu. Also, it seems odd that the enter key is full screen, it looks like it should be alt-enter.
Old 17 April 2020, 13:50   #2
fehmi

I have never used a keyboard to emulate a controller so I do not have hands on experience with this. However, you can read through https://fs-uae.net/docs/keyboard I am not in front of my computer right now so I cannot check FS-UAE settings but I am pretty sure there is a way to remap keys.

Also, if SWOS is your biggest interest in Amiga scene, check out the unofficial PC port of SWOS 2020 @ https://www.sensiblesoccer.de/swos-2020 It is a native PC game with updated rosters, gfx (including shader & widescreen support).
Old 17 April 2020, 14:41   #3
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

It sounds like FS-UAE somehow detects (or thinks) that your Alt key is being pressed. I've never heard about that being a problem before, so here are a couple of suggestions to try out first:

* Remove cat from Alt key?
* Reboot your computer?

Old 19 April 2020, 00:27   #4
tangodown

I removed the cat, and seems fine now, thanks.