English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 29 November 2014, 12:14   #61
Overflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by demolition View Post
I am unable to download from that page - I just get a blank page when I click on the link.
Quote:
The older 7.1c archive will be available to download from the official PPaint website:
http://ppaint.amistore.net
This domain is still in the process of propogating with DNS servers around the world so it wont be available everywhere until during the next 24-48 hours
Highlighting the stated delay in availability (copy pasted from the AW.net thread regarding the aquisition).
Old 29 November 2014, 12:30   #62
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
Highlighting the stated delay in availability (copy pasted from the AW.net thread regarding the aquisition).
It's also in the very first post here.

The reaction in this thread about updating a software for classic Amigas makes you really wonder why A-EON/Amigakit actually bothers...
Old 29 November 2014, 12:33   #63
demolition
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
The domain works just fine and I can see a shiny download button. However, when I press it I just get a blank screen.
Old 29 November 2014, 12:35   #64
Overflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
It's also in the very first post here.

The reaction in this thread about updating a software for classic Amigas makes you really wonder why A-EON/Amigakit actually bothers...
Well, based on Amiga Future subscription numbers (700), the sales of hardware thru vendors etc Im sure AeonKit is assuming the "noise" is from the vocal minority.
If Amigakits quote about promising/encouraging sales is any indication; their assumptions might be true.

But Ive asked myself the same question at times
Old 29 November 2014, 12:38   #65
daxb

Same here, after click on download button only a white page appears.

Maybe it is possible to upload something to Aminet including the old PPaint archive so it won`t deleted?
Old 29 November 2014, 12:43   #66
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
It was mentioned (not sure if it was here), the domain may take up to 48 hours to become active.

I think we need to clear this up once and for all.
A-EON asked for it to be removed and not CLOANTO. Now can we just drop this and move on.

I second the motion, move all off topic posts to a new thread.
Old 29 November 2014, 12:57   #67
ascp
Pastafarian

Will 7.3 be available for download without amiga store?
Old 29 November 2014, 12:58   #68
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
I think we need to clear this up once and for all.
A-EON asked for it to be removed and not CLOANTO.
So it was pretty unprofessional for A-EON to attempt to blame Cloanto for it then: "Also we will continue to make historical version of Personal Paint available for free download and that includes the version of PPaint that Cloanto removed from Aminet." and then to edit his post later, after I took him at his word and apologized, to delete those lines.

Turns out I was right originally, his company can go to hell, they are a bunch of lying fraudsters. Not that Cloanto are much better.
Old 29 November 2014, 12:58   #69
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I'm closing the thread for now until the download works. Maybe then we can actually move on and talk about the update instead of the (badly promoted) removal of the old version from Aminet.
Old 29 November 2014, 13:53   #70
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

The download link is working now.
Old 29 November 2014, 14:06   #71
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
So it was pretty unprofessional for A-EON to attempt to blame Cloanto for it then: "Also we will continue to make historical version of Personal Paint available for free download and that includes the version of PPaint that Cloanto removed from Aminet." and then to edit his post later, after I took him at his word and apologized, to delete those lines.

Turns out I was right originally, his company can go to hell, they are a bunch of lying fraudsters. Not that Cloanto are much better.
He obviously made a mistake and corrected (granted maybe an edit text would have helped) it.

As I said elsewhere its just moved location. Im still at a lose as to why everyone thinks Aminet should have everything to do with Amiga.
I personally very rarely use Aminet when setting up my HDD's, I mostly get whats needed from devs sites etc etc.

This thread wasnt even to do with old version on Aminet. It was to do with the new release.

Last edited by FOL; 29 November 2014 at 16:00.
Old 29 November 2014, 14:31   #72
daxb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
As I said elsewhere its just moved location.
Sorry, but this "just" means nothing and everything. There are several reasons mentioned why this action was a very bad idea. Btw. I don`t think this is offtopic.

IMHO the best for everyone would be to put the old archive back to Aminet.

Quote:
Im still at a lose as to why everyone things Aminet should have everything to do with Amiga.
I personally very rarely use Aminet when setting up my HDD's, I mostly get whats needed from devs sites etc etc.
The offtopic part:
Aminet is (and always was) one of the most important parts of Amiga. A company, a single user or a usergroup is less important. You never should ignore this fact. Maybe people don`t know that or forgot it. If someon don`t use Aminet then he maybe cannot know.
Old 29 November 2014, 15:59   #73
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxb View Post
Sorry, but this "just" means nothing and everything. There are several reasons mentioned why this action was a very bad idea. Btw. I don`t think this is offtopic.

IMHO the best for everyone would be to put the old archive back to Aminet.

The offtopic part:
Aminet is (and always was) one of the most important parts of Amiga. A company, a single user or a usergroup is less important. You never should ignore this fact. Maybe people don`t know that or forgot it. If someon don`t use Aminet then he maybe cannot know.
Not going to continue this.
This is way off topic, this has nothing to do with the original thread.
Original thread was about the updated version NOT A 10+ year old one.
Old 29 November 2014, 17:38   #74
amigakit.com

Wow!

We have had some really great emails and pmails over the last day- so thank you to everyone who passed on their congratulations and support messages. It certainly inspires us to develop Personal Paint further for Classic Amiga and Next Generation Amiga.

Personally speaking, as a big enthusiast and daily user of my Commodore Amiga 1200, I am very pleased that there is so much public support for system still there Exciting times ahead!
Old 29 November 2014, 17:59   #75
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yes, it is a great program. I also think that people that starts using it with the free version will like to try the next versions.

I'm also waiting for the AmiStore program for 68k amigas.
Old 29 November 2014, 20:24   #76
voyager
The show must go on.

Send a message via MSN to voyager
Wow!

We have had some really great emails and pmails over the last day- so thank you to everyone who passed on their congratulations and support messages. It certainly inspires us to develop Personal Paint further for Classic Amiga and Next Generation Amiga.

Personally speaking, as a big enthusiast and daily user of my Commodore Amiga 1200, I am very pleased that there is so much public support for system still there Exciting times ahead!

Although we making this up, we just want to want to report that people overall are very happy in the way we operate, and you you guys are just to stupid to grasp what we are trying to do.
Old 29 November 2014, 20:52   #77
ascp
Pastafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager View Post
Wow!

Although we making this up, we just want to want to report that people overall are very happy in the way we operate, and you you guys are just to stupid to grasp what we are trying to do.
Or, in your case - I see development of classic software for Amiga, but I wanna appear to be too bitter and sad to enjoy new amiga things and releases, so I'll post negative comments instead.

Looking forward to the new release!
Old 29 November 2014, 20:58   #78
Mozzerfan

Thank you Mr. Buzz, Mr. Korodny and Mr. Voyager for revealing the truth !
Old 29 November 2014, 21:34   #79
amigakit.com

Just got off the telephone to the developer and we have a new minor release completed already (7.31) based on feedback from Classic users so we will now test it and get it released shortly if it passes the tests.

@voyager
Judge by results:

PPaint 7.1 source code modernised DONE!
PPaint 7.2 developed DONE!
PPaint 7.3 developed DONE!
PPaint 7.31 (In Progress)

We are now in the process of moving to 7.5 and then onwards.
Old 30 November 2014, 13:48   #80
ascp
Pastafarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post
Just got off the telephone to the developer and we have a new minor release completed already (7.31) based on feedback from Classic users so we will now test it and get it released shortly if it passes the tests.

@voyager
Judge by results:

PPaint 7.1 source code modernised DONE!
PPaint 7.2 developed DONE!
PPaint 7.3 developed DONE!
PPaint 7.31 (In Progress)

We are now in the process of moving to 7.5 and then onwards.