English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Music

Old 28 September 2012, 01:47   #1
swirlythingy

Virocop music

Hello again everybody! (I did have an account, but I think it fell foul of the 10 posts/4 months rule.)

If any of you know me at all, it's probably as the person who set out on an ill-advised project to convert 'exotic' formats into more conventional ones. The reasons for this are lost in the mists of time - well, actually, they're not, but 'my Acorn computer is too slow to play MP3s and it can't run UADE either' sounds even stupider.

I'm also the author of the only known documentation (well, known to me, which is why I wrote it) on the internal workings of the Jason Page (JPN) and Richard Joseph/Vectordean (RJP) formats.

It's about JPN which I write now. There's one particular game it was used in called Virocop, which I'm having trouble obtaining the full soundtrack for.

It's not on UnExoticA at all, and Modland is missing one of the tunes (the boss of the fifth world, or track number 10 in its numbering).

Can somebody re-rip the music to this game, please? There should be 15 tracks in total (title, high score, shop, loading, 5x ingame BGM, 5x boss level BGM, very final boss + credits). Thanks.

Old 28 September 2012, 02:43   #2
emufan

i found a #10 here.
Edit: since it doesnt play here, i was looking again. found at old. exotica an archive with all files, incl.#10; here.
Back2roots also got a download for the music files too: http://www.back2roots.org/Music/Games/ALL/1360/
cannot say if 100% perfect rips, but they play now (JPND/JPNS combination).

Last edited by emufan; 28 September 2012 at 03:07.
Old 28 September 2012, 12:04   #3
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by swirlythingy View Post
If any of you know me at all, it's probably as the person who set out on an ill-advised project to convert 'exotic' formats into more conventional ones. The reasons for this are lost in the mists of time - well, actually, they're not, but 'my Acorn computer is too slow to play MP3s and it can't run UADE either' sounds even stupider.
Thanks for doing this! I certainly got some use from it
Old 28 September 2012, 14:03   #4
mai

You can not associate this files with Windows, because suffix is not allowed by the player itself, you have to use prefix and then use load file via Deliplayer for PC.
Old 28 September 2012, 17:05   #5
swirlythingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by emufan View Post
Edit: since it doesnt play here, i was looking again. found at old. exotica an archive with all files, incl.#10; here.
Excellent, thank you very much! That's just what I needed.

I've converted the missing track to S3M and uploaded the result to the Zone (virocop10.zip) if anyone wants to play with it. (It should hopefully be added to the main AMP archive soon.)

Note that the second subsong is missing on purpose, as it's the same as the second subsong in track #9 (all even-numbered Virocop tunes have a pointless second subsong like this), so if you want to hear what that sounds like, well, it's already available in the main archive.

Also thanks to killergorilla - it's nice to know I'm not just doing this for my own benefit!

Old 02 October 2012, 10:48   #6
swirlythingy

Just for the record, the AMP archive has now been completed with the four subsongs of tune 10. Make sure to download the latest JPN zip (dated June 2012).