English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 15 October 2019, 02:04   #1
DrFruit
Resident Nutter...

A600’s setup from scratch

I have finally grabbed an A600 with a view to use it for getting myself back into all things Amiga. I know you can use uae / classicwb etc but in order for me to blow the cobwebs off I’d rather set it up from scratch... sooooo.

What should I use for a file system? I have a ide-sd adapter and a 4gb sd card
What applications should I get to setup wb3.1 to its best, I have just stock cpu and 2mb total chip ram
Any thing else that I need to learn or any resources online for procedures / technical papers I should read?

I’m sure many things have changed over the years but I also expect many things are still the same at the heart of the Amiga...

Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07 November 2019, 13:28   #2
Jolabandola

Hi

I am just trying to do the same to my Amiga 600HD.
I recently got the time to dig it out of storage and send it away for a recap.
Meanwhile i have been hoarding up a huge pile of hardware that i am going to fit into it when i get it back. ECS Scandoubler, Kickstart 3.1, Furia, SD-card adapter and so on.

When i was a kid i always dreamed of having a workbench that looked really nice compared to what i had at the time. I Managed to install WB3.1 on my SD-card. I followed a pretty good guide for setting everything up and i used the PFS3 filesystem.
I then installed MagicWB and dwhdload and all that stuff. I can give you the link to the guide that i used and hope that helps

https://devtty.io/2018/07/computing/...-workbench-os/

At the beginning there is a mention of the "16-bit dust blog" with a link to it that you can follow for a great guide to set up your SD-card with PFS# and prepare everything.
Old 07 November 2019, 20:49   #3
redblade
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFruit View Post
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Iphone Users
Congrats on the A600HD, with 2MB ram. You can have some fun with that. The A600HD was my first step up from the A500.