English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 22 November 2019, 12:39   #1
Azvareth

Old ancient "new user"

[Edit]Ok this seems to have gone into the wrong section - sorry for that[/Edit]

Hi!

So to increment my "post" level, I thought I would introduce myself

Formerly owner of A500 and A2000 (non working) and nowdays stuck with emulation.

I have "some" basic understanding of A68k ASM and Amiga A500 hardware. "some" understanding of Arexx and "some" understanding of pascal. I can handle and do "some" easier things in the most languages as well I beleive.

I run several emulation solutions mostly ARM and x86 ones, and has not been quite happy with it, as it not "feel" like a "real" thing (not even on ARM) starting with some other host OS display itself and then go into an Amiga...

So I set myself up onto a quest to "create" the most Amiga like experience based on emulation from power on to workbench displays it's icons.

I think I have come pretty far, I used Windows 7 with customized boot and welcome screens, modified the texts remove "Windows" with "System" to remove host(ile) references and make the host os boot process feel and more resemble an Amiga boot.

I have created a custom WinUAE full screen picture display launcher, that displays a bootscreen before winUAE launches and is turned of from inside WBStartup (or ESC key if something goes wrong) to get rid of that long black screen waiting when using RTG (at least on my machine). Everything is started after modified host welcomescreen as a shell replacement for Explorer

I have themed Windows 7 to look like Amiga for a "more" accurate "feeling" and are therfore looking into a way to make WinUEA stay behind all other host windows so host applications like a browser always stays in front even if I should click inside WinUAE...

Enough of that, so I am just an ordinary dude doing som "fun" stuff.
I am not working with any IT something, just in the industry, dirty hard work with dangerous chemicals, known and unknown, (doing service on used heat exchangers)

Yea thats that!
Old 22 November 2019, 15:12   #2
DavidQ

Welcome fellow new forum member! That's my post count increased by one too.
Old 23 November 2019, 00:13   #3
Antiriad_UK
OCS forever!

Welcome back to the Amiga fold. We are all just messing around out of time
Old 23 November 2019, 13:27   #4
vroom6sri

Welcome! I can recommend Amiberry on a raspberry pi as a great emulation platform and would seem to fit your ethos of making it boot with minimal indication that you’re running emulation.
Old 23 November 2019, 15:01   #5
Pyromania

Welcome back and enjoy, you are among friends.
Old 23 November 2019, 15:42   #6
Azvareth

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom6sri View Post
Welcome! I can recommend Amiberry on a raspberry pi as a great emulation platform and would seem to fit your ethos of making it boot with minimal indication that you’re running emulation.

Thank you, I tried that but it had some sort of strange behaviour in the host OS or an combination of the two (uae and Host) it hanged completely when I was trying to get out of emulation to do some "things"...

Actually I think I have tested every emulation solution for Amiga except Amithlon. And if I could get my hand on a licence for it (unless it is free and you only pay for the Amiga ROM and OS disks - then I might try it out)

Anyways unfortunatily, I am not so into Linux, for me I am better of with Windows even if it is "complicated" to customize, I know howto or could get easy to follow directions on howto...

But thanks anyway for the suggestion and thanks for the greetings (that goes to all of you)