English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga File Server

Old 07 April 2013, 19:39   #1
Turran

Updated WHDLoad Demos/Games pack.

I wrote a little program that can download the WHDLoad and/or JST games you want (Specify AGA, CD32 etc) and keep it updated with new games/versions if you run it again in the future. NOTE: Does not work in Linux, even with WINE.

You will find it on the FTP in WHDLoad_Packs or here:
https://ftp2.grandis.nu/turransearch...=&httplinks=on

https://ftp.grandis.nu/turransearch/...=&httplinks=on[/B]

There is another version by mrv2k which works in the same way but with more sorting options, etc. While my version here still works fine, I can recommend you check out that one first!
You will find the post for it here: https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=109171

Update 0.2b: You can now tell it to search for .lzx and .lha files and add them to the database of already downloaded games. Then it will not download games/demos you already have.

Update 0.3b: Maximum length of username and password in the GUI increased.
English_Only option is now controlled through a regexp that is modifiable in the ini file.

Update 0.4:
Can now take care of JST games as well.
New checkbox: "Download Beta". Only shown when JST is selected. I only found 4 beta JST games at the this time but added it anyway.
New checkbox: "Show Progress while downloading". When checked, shows a splash screen with what it is currently doing. Quite spammy if its downloading lots so made it an option.
New exe: Added EAB-WHDLoad_Pack_Downloader_consoleversion.exe if you would rather have the old visuals of what it was doing. Same program but this opens the CMD window you saw with earlier versions.
New hotkey: Press Shift-Escape to exit the program. If its currently downloading something, it will finish that file first.

Update 0.5.1
* What to download are now check boxes so you can run them all at once if you want.
* Got rid of the splash screen in the middle of the screen. It was just annoying. Reverted back to showing what it does in the cmd window.
* Made the gui a bit more appealing IMO. Added tool tips when you hover over stuff to let you know what they do.
* Added a "donate" button.
* INI file will be recreated from scratch if you upgrade. You'll be informed if this is the case.
* Removed the error when downloading from "Commodore_Amiga_-_WHDLoad_-_Demos/Y" since that folder IS actually empty on the FTP. We know it, do not show the error message for it.

Update 0.5.2
* Dated dir in Downloads is not created until it has something to download.
* Updated eng regexp to _(Cz|De|Dk|Es|Fi|Fr|Gr|It|Pl|Se|DeFrIt|DeEsFrIt)(\.|_)
* Includes both x86 and x64 versions. The x64 version is less likely to cause a false antivirus response. No difference otherwise.

Update 0.5.3
* Changed default FTPRoot dir to match the new structure on the FTP.

Update 0.5.4
* Just changed the default host to connect to, to ftp.grandis.nu. If you're running it already, just change from "grandis.nu" to "ftp.grandis.nu" in the ini file.

Last edited by Turran; 27 December 2022 at 11:00. Reason: Update to 0.5.4
Old 14 April 2013, 01:46   #2
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Thankyou I'm grabbing the WHDLOAD updates now !
Old 14 April 2013, 14:54   #3
Specksynder

Thank you
Old 14 April 2013, 18:51   #4
anachronicus
Amigan For Life!

Thank you, much appreciated!
Old 15 April 2013, 07:46   #5
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!

Thanks Turran, top stuff!

Do these updated packs contain all the games from the original packs as well, do i still need to keep my original packs or should i combine them with these new updated ones?
Old 15 April 2013, 09:07   #6
fryguy

Tahnks!
Old 16 April 2013, 18:12   #7
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel75 View Post
Thanks Turran, top stuff!

Do these updated packs contain all the games from the original packs as well, do i still need to keep my original packs or should i combine them with these new updated ones?
This contains the original pack as well. You can delete the old pack if you download it again =)
Old 17 April 2013, 16:16   #8
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!

Thanks a lot turran, they really are nice tidy packs!

I removed all the various old packs i had on my A600 and i'm putting your ones on it now.

And all the ecs/ocs whd games and demos look like they will fit nicely onto my 4gb card alongside my 150mb os partition with a little room to spare

Thanks Again, as i realize how much effort you would of went to to sort all this stuff out!
Old 17 April 2013, 17:33   #9
Turran

Yes, took a bit of time, but I love tinkering with stuff like this =) Very little time to play games and just poking the hardware and getting a perfect workbench.

I noticed there is a folder in A which contains .ADF files and is not a WHDload game. Naturally, I deleted it for the next update and forgot its name...

Just do a search in the non AGA package for .adf files and you'll see one.. might have been Argentina or something.

Delete that folder and .info file to save space!
Old 17 April 2013, 17:49   #10
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
I noticed there is a folder in A which contains .ADF files and is not a WHDload game. Naturally, I deleted it for the next update and forgot its name...

Just do a search in the non AGA package for .adf files and you'll see one.. might have been Argentina or something.

Delete that folder and .info file to save space!
Done! You were correct, it was called Argentina and was about 122mb in size, so is a nice saving.

Thanks.
Old 19 April 2013, 07:40   #11
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!

Hi Turran.

I noticed a few minor things in your packs, the ecs versions of Primal Rage and Virocop are missing in the ocs/ecs set of whdload games, i am not positive but i think the aga version of Primal Rage may also work on 2mb ecs amigas!

And there are 3 aga games left over in the ecs S set, they are SkidmarksAGA, SlamTiltAGA and SleepwalkerAGA!

Maybe in your next update you could also fix these up.

Apart from that, they are superb packs, thanks again!
Old 19 April 2013, 14:27   #12
Turran

Will do. Thanks!
Old 21 April 2013, 11:19   #13
fryguy

Is it possible to unpack these games under Windows or will i loose file attributes/long filenames? Or should i unpack them under WinUAE to my CF card?
Old 21 April 2013, 12:05   #14
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

Unpack them under emulation or real Amiga to Amiga formatted hd (ie not FAT32).

Most games will work but there are the odd one out that will go bad if you do, trust me I know.
Old 21 April 2013, 12:29   #15
fryguy

Yup i thought so.
Old 21 April 2013, 12:58   #16
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@Turran

My sincere thanks, this helps me finish of some projects!
Old 21 April 2013, 19:21   #17
Turran

These are stored on my linux server unpacked and I have yet to find any that have broken because of the file system. I do not know if there is a difference if you unpack them to a NTFS share but it should complain about that file if so, during unpacking... They have been archived using Winrar 4.10 on windows (from linux share)

@Zetr0: You're most welcome. Glad it helps =)

Edit: I'm uploading my images collection as well. Just a ton of pictures I've gathered, from games etc. They are sorted into A-Z as well and each icon is a conversion from the original picture so it will take some juice just to open the folders in workbench...

Last edited by Turran; 21 April 2013 at 19:29.
Old 21 April 2013, 22:42   #18
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Awesome work there Turran mate!
Thx for sharing it
Old 22 April 2013, 02:02   #19
sneeker

Thankyou for this.
Downloading now, and will probably be playing them though the week sometime.
Old 26 April 2013, 20:00   #20
Turran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel75 View Post
I noticed a few minor things in your packs, the ecs versions of Primal Rage and Virocop are missing in the ocs/ecs set of whdload games
Just had a check to fix thig. Virocop is there as far as I can see (might have been added later on though) and I can not find a non AGA version of Primal Rage anywhere. Not by Retr0 or killergorilla.. Is there one?