Time-Rift NBS Licenceware

Looking for Time-Rift NBS Licenceware anyone seen it ? sounds good

as seen in http://amr.abime.net/issue_29_pages Last page. 104

and in Amiga Power top 100 games issue

number 16 out of 25 in Top 25 PD

http://amr.abime.net/issue_37_pages Page 85

review from AP 29 in pic below

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by silkworm; 28 March 2012 at 19:23.
Old 25 December 2012, 10:33   #2
mailman
Zone Friend

I am also looking for this game. Anyone can help?
Old 23 November 2013, 16:08   #3
Fiery Phoenix

Just been going through some old disks as I sold a lot on ebay - only copies, tended to keep the original disks and ones which are still boxed.

One of the disks has a printed cover with a logo of a 7 headed dragon, titled 'TIME-RIFT'

Above the title are the words/numbers 'CLG 28'

Maybe the one you are looking for
Old 23 November 2013, 16:31   #4
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Thank you Fiery Phoenix.

silkworm, the thread creator, has been missing for a while (we don't really know why) so you might not get a reply from him soon.

Any chance you could dump the disk image and send it to some people from TOSEC (or directly upload it to the Zone! or on the EAB FTP)?

Thank you in advance.
Old 26 November 2013, 19:17   #5
PortuguesePilot
Global Moderator

add me to the group as well. i've been searching for this for quite a few years. i figure that it's probably part of a PD multi-game compilation disk. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 14 February 2014, 06:22   #6
Lenore

Exclamation I have this game!

Hey everyone, I own a copy of this game.

I used to play it as a kid, but it won't play properly any longer, I can access the start and info screen (where it lists controls and such) but upon starting the game the screen just turns black.
It's possible the fault is with my old amiga, and not the game itself. I'm thinking if the game was ripped and made to play on an emulator like WinuAE it might work.

My question to you guys is, how do people rip amiga games? Is it difficult? Could I hire some tech guy to do it? Would it be hard to get in touch with someone like that (I live in Sweden)?
If I could get help to make a rip of this I would share it here.

Old 14 February 2014, 18:56   #7
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenore View Post
My question to you guys is, how do people rip amiga games? Is it difficult? Could I hire some tech guy to do it? Would it be hard to get in touch with someone like that (I live in Sweden)?
If I could get help to make a rip of this I would share it here.
From what I know (never done it myself, just reading about it), dumping ("ripping") may vary in difficulty depending on things such as the game using some protection schemes (not very likely for a PD game).

I am sure that if needed we can find some Swedish users (or from a very close country) with enough knowledge and adequate hardware to help you..

Wait a few days to see if someone answers in this thread. If not, then bump it and moderators will try and a find a solution to bring more attention to the thread.
Old 15 February 2014, 10:01   #8
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

We have KryoFlux users all around the world that also can help dumping. If you PM me or want to share your location in public, I can send a few emails and ask around.
Old 15 February 2014, 19:34   #9
Lenore

@lilaurl Ok, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.vince View Post
We have KryoFlux users all around the world that also can help dumping. If you PM me or want to share your location in public, I can send a few emails and ask around.
Hadn't heard about Kryoflux before, I looked at your contact info and saw you listed http://www.softpres.org/ as your homepage, when I looked at the site it seems they don't accept copied disks, which mine is.
Will you still help me find someone to dump it? If you will I'll gladly share my location.
I personally don't care if it's a copy, I just really want to re-play it for nostalgia, btw CLG 28 is written on it, as mentioned by Fiery Phoenix above.

Old 15 February 2014, 21:39   #10
mr.vince
Cheesy crust

If this is a PD game, there's no master, so an ADF will do. I can offer dump contacts almost everywhere... Just pm me if needed.
Old 15 February 2014, 23:08   #11
Lenore

PM sent.

Old 23 February 2014, 06:54   #12
PortuguesePilot
Global Moderator

nice to see that this is getting forward. i do hope an ADF emerges from it. cheers, mates.

on a similar note, though, i started a search for NBS's own Captain K (as seen on the same review page) and it's proving to be as elusive as Time-Rift itself. anyone got any news about this one?
Old 22 December 2017, 15:18   #13
Zandig

Digging up this thread....

Has anything turned up on NBS's TIME-RIFT yet?

http://amr.abime.net/amr_popup_pictu...ilesize=507840

Last edited by Zandig; 23 December 2017 at 13:22.
Old 16 May 2022, 14:49   #14
Lenore2

I'm Lenore, I lost access to my previous account. I wanted to explain what happened, I pm'd mr vince who (if I remember right) gave me the contact info of a guy in Sweden that was supposed to help me with these games, however I tried messaging this guy several times and he didn't respond to me. So I gave up. My health is too bad right now for me to get in contact with someone else, maybe in the future if I get better. I do hope someone manages to preserve Time Rift and Monster Island.
Old 16 May 2022, 15:15   #15
fryguy

I also live in Sweden and I can help dump the disks. You can send me a PM when your health is getting better.
I have both a Kryoflux and a GreaseWeazle.

Hope your health is getting better soon btw.
Old 16 May 2022, 16:46   #16
Lenore2

Thank you, I will try to get better and see if I can contact you in the future, I'm in a really bad situation right now. I live in Örebro.
Someone here asked about Captain K. If I remember right I have a disk named that but I never played it so I don't think it works. Another game I have is named CLG 26 Monster Island which I used to have fun with but I haven't seen any footage of on the internet so I don't think it's preserved.
Searching google for it Monster Island is mentioned here:
https://archive.org/stream/AmigaForm...ng_GB_djvu.txt
Old 17 May 2022, 09:56   #17
fryguy

I must admit I never heard about any of those games before.
Yep focus on the health and try to ignore the rest now.
Old 17 May 2022, 22:59   #18
Lenore2

If anyone wants to know about Time Rift I can tell a little about the gameplay. I don't remember that much but the first level was the stone age. There were weird green gummy monsters bouncing around in some areas and also cavemen I think. In the screenshot from amiga power magazine you can see some black mountains in the background, in some screens there would be a little pixelated man walking up the mountain, falling down it, then walking up again, and also I think a little pterodactyl flying around the mountaintops, as a kid I found that entertaining to watch.
I think the second level was the pirate era, I don't know what the rest was because I sucked at the game. Too bad because I always wanted to see the last level, the intro screen had these tall buildings on it so I always imagined it would be some cool futuristic place.
Here's a pic I took of some of my games months ago, unfortunately I've lost track of where the first floppy disk in the pic is, I hope I still have it around somewhere, I have to search for it when I feel better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic.JPG
Views:	89
Size:	587.3 KB
ID:	75605  
Old 01 January 2023, 21:11   #19
dreamkatcha
I've got a new byline

Time Rift is by Simon Hitchen/Gadge Software. The same guy responsible for the Skiddy Things and Mortal Kumquat series, and UFO Enemy Unclothed. Does that help at all?
Old 02 January 2023, 21:30   #20
Crashdisk

I don't know if it's a demo or a full version but I found a copy of Time Rift so if anyone is interested...