English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 04 March 2003, 17:45   #1
Big-Byte
Long time member

City Builder 5 disk set.

Im doing some tosec renaming and have a 5 adf set of disks
with volume labels of Citybuilder1 etc..

they look like 3d objects for a 3d package but anyone know which one?
Old 04 March 2003, 17:50   #2
Big-Byte
Long time member

Ive just fond out that 'City builder' was reviewed in Amiga computing issue 85, page 24.

If anyone has got that mag and could look up the following info I would be very happy

company, year released and application you use it with.
Old 05 March 2003, 06:22   #3
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

IIRC, the City Builder object sets were for use with Lightwave. There may have been a set for use with Imagine, but don't quote me on that. I'll check into this for you, as I am pretty sure I have that collection (Pro Objects, I think it was called, which also contained unique sets of vehicles, space, anatomy, and some other I can't remember right now).

If you can view the contents of the disks, see if there are extensions on the object files...I believe .lwo is Lightwave Object and .iow is Imagine.
Old 05 March 2003, 11:26   #4
Big-Byte
Long time member

Thanks Twist. I have been looking at the files on the disks but they are all lzh files. Idea is you install them on an hd and I havent done that yet. Im getting the quick to do files out of the way first.

Ive renamed a few new ones for tosec including..

Kamikaze (Codemasters) - I was surprised to see that this is not in tosec yet.

Real3D v 2.47 and Real3D v3.0

Ive also got Real3D v3.3 but am not sure if disk 5 is actually part of that set so its been put to one side.

If you want to have a look at what Ive renamed and verify them then the files can be found on my ftp in Amiga\Files renamed by Big-Byte for tosec/ready for submission (or something like that.)

I must say Feltzkrones adfren utility is a godsend for comparing adfs. I may start a new thread listing games that should be put in a seperate dat so they can be DELETED from tosec.

Am currently looking at Alien Syndrome as it has lots of [a]'s just because the 'ahiscore.obj' file has different peoples high scores in it.
Old 06 March 2003, 00:06   #5
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by Big-Byte
Thanks Twist. I have been looking at the files on the disks but they are all lzh files. Idea is you install them on an hd and I havent done that yet. Im getting the quick to do files out of the way first.
Awesome...will do. I'll look through your ftp for the City Builder files, too...I was gonna go through my files last night, but my job has had me sucked into consecutive 12+ hour days this week and they're killing me (wake up, go to work, go home, sleep, loop). There should probably be somewhere additional sets of object files from this series (Pro Objects). If you don't have them yet, I'll eventually filter these your way.
Quote:
Kamikaze (Codemasters) - I was surprised to see that this is not in tosec yet.
Hmmm...I think I have seen this only on compacts in the past. I recently dumped a couple of Quattro compilations from my originals (that were not copy protected) and that was one of them. No idea if this is the same dump, though. I only remember sending it to a couple of people. In any case, I should zap my copy your way, just in case.
Quote:
Real3D v 2.47 and Real3D v3.0

Ive also got Real3D v3.3 but am not sure if disk 5 is actually part of that set so its been put to one side.
I can check on this for you, as my sets are typically from the first spreadings and are still together as such.
Quote:
If you want to have a look at what Ive renamed and verify them then the files can be found on my ftp in Amiga\Files renamed by Big-Byte for tosec/ready for submission (or something like that.)
Excellent! More than happy to (at least I go into work late on Thursday, so I should have a few free hours at last!)
Quote:
I must say Feltzkrones adfren utility is a godsend for comparing adfs. I may start a new thread listing games that should be put in a seperate dat so they can be DELETED from tosec.

Am currently looking at Alien Syndrome as it has lots of [a]'s just because the 'ahiscore.obj' file has different peoples high scores in it.
Cheers to Feltzkrone for his diligence in seeing this util through, despite cynical jeers!
Old 06 March 2003, 10:26   #6
Big-Byte
Long time member

It a nice util but Ive made minor modification to the front end of
it to help me examine disks faster. Basically I got rid of the directory list component which I found cumbersome to find files and replaced it with drag and drop files direct from the directories. The result is it takes less space on the screen and its quicker to use.

Ive email'd Feltz but no reply yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	adfren_frontend.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	4818  
Old 07 March 2003, 02:55   #7
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Sorry I've not gotten back with you sooner on this City Builder thing. Another week like this at my job and I'm checking into an insane asylum (and will never notice any difference!)

I took a quick once over on my system and didn't see the files, so I must not have transferred them from my Amiga yet, so I tried logging onto your PC. It logged me in, but never was able to receive a directory listing, ending with a failure to connect screen. I'll try again tonight.