English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 14 May 2014, 19:31   #1
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

WinUAE 2.8.1 beta series

Read following instructions before posting http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=861456&postcount=1

2.8.0 fixes and other updates, release in 2-4 weeks. No big updates. Really.

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2810b1.zip

Beta 1:

- Audio DMA CPU wait hack (that tries to prevent missing samples if program has CPU timed audio DMA wait) improved, now compatible with programs that really need delay after DMA switch off (for example switches DMA off, then clears interrupt request, and then finally waits for audio interrupt).
- CPU on the fly mode changes were unreliable (2.8.0b15)
- Fixed some GUI strings that didn't support translation.
- .ccd CD images didn't automatically load from archive if file was not in archive root.
- Disk insert after emulation has been started may have internally set disk as write protected even if disk image is write enabled. (broken since GUI "?" button was added)
- Added DMA channel support to memwatch points. Add DMA channel name (or more than one) at the end of debugger w command line, for example COP, BLT (or BLTA if you only want A channel reads) and so on.. No parameter = CPU accesses only.
- Null filter didn't check display bounds, fixes possible DirectDraw mode crash when display size changes.
- Directory filesystem ACTION SET FILE SIZE will now fail if target file size is >= 2G. (Prevents accidental truncation if program does not support large files)
- Added directory filesystem MorphOS compatible 64-bit file size packets: ACTION_SEEK64, ACTION_SET_FILE_SIZE64, ACTION_LOCK_RECORD64, ACTION_FREE_RECORD64, ACTION_EXAMINE_OBJECT64, ACTION_EXAMINE_NEXT64, ACTION_EXAMINE_FH64 and ACTION_EXAMINE_ALL ED_SIZE64. (OS4 packets were implemented long time ago)
- AGA and reading non-existing or write-only custom registers work differently than on A500, don't use new more A500 compatible method added in 2.8.0 with AGA configurations. (This is far from accurate)
- Mouse device autoswitching was unreliable if rawinput was not supported or was disabled.
- If Quickstart mode and sound filter is set to A500 or A1200 emulated or always on: automatically match it with selected config.
- DMA debugger now shows CPU and DMA 32-bit chip ram accesses, previously data was truncated to 16-bits. 64-bit DMA is stil truncated to 32-bit.
Old 14 May 2014, 23:29   #2
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

It seems "Eject" button from Quickstart settings "Emulated drives" doesnt work => after Reset button the disk is still there !? (but it works fine from "Floppy drives"!)

EDIT: Ah, it seems to happens also on previous offical version. I know, Old bug -> separate thread, but I was a little lazy to check ... sorry. (so erase the post if you wish)

Cheers

Last edited by amilo3438; 14 May 2014 at 23:48.
Old 16 May 2014, 01:07   #3
Neil79
Autistic 'n IRN!

Oi Toni shouldn't you be taking a holiday rest
Old 16 May 2014, 08:26   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
It seems "Eject" button from Quickstart settings "Emulated drives" doesnt work => after Reset button the disk is still there !? (but it works fine from "Floppy drives"!)

EDIT: Ah, it seems to happens also on previous offical version. I know, Old bug -> separate thread, but I was a little lazy to check ... sorry. (so erase the post if you wish)
I managed to duplicate it, didn't bother to move or delete this time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil79 View Post
Oi Toni shouldn't you be taking a holiday rest
Nah, after 2.8.1. Maybe.
Old 17 May 2014, 00:17   #5
Michael Sykes
WinUAE end user

Tony you are a working animal...

You can blame beer for that senseless comment.
Old 18 May 2014, 02:12   #6
Feylong

Hi Toni, It seems the demo Jesus on E's (AGA) which was working fine in 2.8.0 does not get past the initial black screen before the message about insert disk 2 appears.

Running as A1200, 4MB Fast Ram, Best Compat, Fullscreen PAL VSync config using quick start mode.

Attached is the log.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (9.7 KB, 351 views)

Old 18 May 2014, 15:24   #7
vagrant

Toni I've been getting random freezing again switching modes on the fly in beta 1, like it used to in the 2.7 betas prior to the fix.
2.8.0 and the quick audio fix beta you provided were fine.

Also:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
- AGA and reading non-existing or write-only custom registers work differently than on A500, don't use new more A500 compatible method added in 2.8.0 with AGA configurations. (This is far from accurate)
Do you mean not to use 'more compatible' at all anymore with AGA?
Old 18 May 2014, 15:55   #8
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED-209 View Post
Toni I've been getting random freezing again switching modes on the fly in beta 1, like it used to in the 2.7 betas prior to the fix.
2.8.0 and the quick audio fix beta you provided were fine.
Freezing? Didn't it crash emulated Amiga too?

Does http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip have same problem?

Quote:
Do you mean not to use 'more compatible' at all anymore with AGA?
No.

It is bad wording, it means "emulation does not use new more A500 compatible reading of non-existing or write-only registers". Nothing to do with more compatible option.
Old 18 May 2014, 16:19   #9
vagrant

Ok
Yeh it freezes & crashes emulation.

..and that seems to have fixed it
Old 19 May 2014, 12:37   #10
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Hi Toni:
I've got 2.8.0 installed and I've got a rare problem. I can not open my desktop drawer (WinDH_C:Users/Retrofan/Desktop), as I've got an Arabuusimiehet window in the moment I click on Desktop.

http://s23.postimg.org/cejmedwez/Sin_t_tulo_1.png

The thing is that it doesn't happen in my laptop and it only happens with some installations of AmiKit Real I try, in others with the same update (I believe) I've got no problem to open that drawer.

Attached the logs.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (18.1 KB, 359 views)
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (17.3 KB, 323 views)
Old 19 May 2014, 14:11   #11
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
I've got 2.8.0 installed
Wrong thread or wrong version

Disable JIT and check if something else happens.

EDIT: and the usual, test older 2.8.0 betas (and make sure to test 2.7.0 too!) to find which version introduced it.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 20 May 2014 at 08:23.
Old 21 May 2014, 01:32   #12
Feylong

I tried your updated zip and it also fixes the problem I posted, great stuff

Old 21 May 2014, 03:25   #13
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Wrong thread or wrong version

Disable JIT and check if something else happens.

EDIT: and the usual, test older 2.8.0 betas (and make sure to test 2.7.0 too!) to find which version introduced it.
Thanks. I've tried without Jit and it's the same, and I can't fight against absurd: I've got an hdf that works perfect. I make a copy on Windows, rename it and (without any change) use it with the same WinUAE config (just changing the booting partition to use the copied one) and now it crashes when opening the Desktop drawer. That's too odd, and as I say it only happens with the Desktop drawer (I can open all of the rest there) and maybe that only on this PC.

So, forget it and thanks.
Old 21 May 2014, 16:06   #14
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
now it crashes when opening the Desktop drawer. That's too odd, and as I say it only happens with the Desktop drawer (I can open all of the rest there) and maybe that only on this PC.
What do you mean by desktop drawer? Clicking as in only clicking it once or opening it?

Only when opening in WB? CLI too? (list/dir commands)

Do you get crash dump file? (when not using JIT)

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 21 May 2014 at 16:11. Reason: partially already answered..
Old 21 May 2014, 16:44   #15
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2810b2.zip

Beta 2:

- Quickstart GUI disk eject button was unreliable.
- HAM mode right border in some situations (Uridium 2 title screeen in some filter modes), also restored proper operation (got broken long time ago) of original "fast mode" if HAM scanline does not have any color register changes.
- CIA update (which I forgot to mention in b1 changelog) improved, was not fully compatible if CPU was faster than 68000 , do not trigger CIA interrupt while CPU is accessing any CIA register (not 100% confirmed but seems to be true), this also made b1 CPU mode switching unreliable.
- Reduced diskready (motor rotating at full speed) activation time by small amount, fixes Critical Mass / Parallax.
- Disk inserted (if replacing existing disk) and disk ready bit setting time is now more "random", now delay time counts scanlines, previously it counted vblanks (=disk was always inserted at vblank)
- Removed 270b16 Windows 8.1 mouse bug workaround, bug seems to be fixed.
Old 29 May 2014, 18:46   #16
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2810b3.zip

Beta 3: (official release in 1-2 weeks)

- Do not show "hpos = 256!?" error dialog if something writes very bad values to programmed display mode registers.
- "Magic mouse" now stays disabled unless there is at least one open Intuition Screen.
- If relative path mode, support also relative paths that point outside of winuae root directory.
- BPLCON2 KILLEHB bit still required AGA instead of ECS Denise. This was supposed to be fixed in 1.4.5. (But no one cares, pre-AGA it was only meant for genlock stuff)
- Removed "Unimplemented error" dialog if directory filesystem returns unhandled/unknown win32 disk error codes, adds log message, returns ERROR_OBJECT_NOT_AROUND. (Most common causes are network filesystem problems, file/directory errors due security problems etc, no new missing errors reported for long time)
- On the fly (not using GUI) switching from Automatic resize filter to another filter mode may have incorrectly changed window size in some situations.
Old 30 May 2014, 14:27   #17
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Quote:
- If relative path mode, support also relative paths that point outside of winuae root directory.
I found a problem here ...

In beta 2 that was working fine (pic.1), but in beta 3 it now creates new Configurations and Savestate directories in native C: root folder (pic.2) ?!

But I want it to point to my WinUAE exe folder as it worked before.
How to change this to point on WinUAE exe folder ?

Thanks and Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.png
Views:	475
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	40159   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.png
Views:	472
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	40160  
Old 30 May 2014, 15:24   #18
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
I found a problem here ...
Does http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip fix it? (It seems PathRelativePathTo() on XP works slightly differently than on 7+)
Old 30 May 2014, 15:39   #19
amilo3438
Amiga 500 User

Quote:
Does http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip fix it? (It seems PathRelativePathTo() on XP works slightly differently than on 7+)
It works fine now, thanks again.
Old 31 May 2014, 15:53   #20
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2810b4.zip

Beta 4: (RC1)

- New relative path mode worked badly under Windows XP, possibly up to Windows 7 without SP1.
- "Toggle between mouse grabbed and un-grabbed" input event has not done anything at all for ages (if ever).
- "Switch between audio interpolation methods" input event probably has never done anything at all, probably totally useless (custom events works as well) but at least it works now..
- 2.8.0 translation dlls are accepted now.