English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 19 November 2013, 18:29   #21
commodorejohn
Shameless recidivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherpm View Post
I'd love to buy a boxed copy, but obviously manufacturing costs would be silly.
Not necessarily. Psytronik Software doesn't currently have Amiga titles on offer, but they do manufacture physical copies of homebrew/retro titles for other platforms; maybe they would be open to the idea? I'd certainly buy a copy if I liked the free version.
Old 19 November 2013, 19:03   #22
alkis21
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
Fantastic news! One question, will the files of the ADF work if copied to an Amiga hard disk? Or is it non-DOS?
Old 19 November 2013, 19:37   #23
Franchute13

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx View Post
I forgot to mention that the game will be completely free and offered as an ADF image.
I even plan to release the full source text as public domain, to give some motivation and help for future game designers.
Old 19 November 2013, 19:42   #24
lukassid

I PM Psytronik boss on lemon64. Free ADF and source is nice but I want box!
Old 19 November 2013, 20:35   #25
tolkien
AmigaMan

Yeah...A boxed one would be really awesome!!
Old 19 November 2013, 23:37   #26
chaos

Looks great, really nice job!
Old 20 November 2013, 10:33   #27
phx
Natteravn

Donations are not necessary. We did it just for fun. And also do not expect too much from it, as long as you haven't played it.

A boxed version would mean some extra work for us and also a financial risk, because we have to produce them in advance to get an acceptable price. We will think about it.

The ADF is not in DOS format. It is a real retro production, like it would have been done in the early 90s. But I'm sure that Stringray will be happy to provide a WHDLoad version a few days after the release.

BTW, I didn't create the game alone. At least half of the work should be credited to my brother, who did all the graphics, music and level design.
Old 20 November 2013, 10:39   #28
tolkien
AmigaMan

We need more people like you. Thanks to you and your bro. I want to play it now please!
Old 20 November 2013, 11:54   #29
spud

Looking forward to this. I enjoyed Sqrxz, but it was bastard hard. I hope this is more forgiving!
Old 20 November 2013, 12:11   #30
Lord Aga
MI clan prevails

Looks cute, we'll give it a go

Anyway, I must agree with my distinguished colleagues. A donation link is a must. Put your paypal contact in game's intro. It will most definitely come in handy. Even if it is "just" 5 EUR or so. 5+5+5+5... quickly add up to a new piece of hardware for your Amiga
Old 20 November 2013, 12:22   #31
Kenz/Psytronik

Hi guys,

I run the Psytronik label and would be definitely be interested in releasing a physical version of Solid Gold on the Amiga (it would be great to add an Amiga game to the Psytronik range!)

I can handle the artwork, packaging and distribution so there would be no extra effort or cost required on the part of the authors. All I would need to make this happen is a physical copy of the finished game on floppy disk that I would use as the master copy to duplicate from using a real Amiga.

Cheers folx!

Kenz / www.psytronik.net

P.S. The author's will receive a royalty payment from each physical copy sold of course - so it's a great way to support the project AND receive a nice boxed version to add to your Amiga collection!

Old 20 November 2013, 17:15   #32
lukassid

That would be fantastic! I hope authors will go for it. And maybe we will have some more games as it's all currently happening on c64 front.
Old 20 November 2013, 17:28   #33
sokolovic

Great news ! Hope it will give idea to others devs ! I'll buy one copy for sure if it come in an old school box.
Old 20 November 2013, 21:05   #34
Dokugogagoji

Great news! and with source code too!

Old 20 November 2013, 22:10   #35
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Amiga is still alive and kicking, people

I can't wait for this to get released, awesome work phx and phx's brother
Old 20 November 2013, 22:20   #36
funK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenz/Psytronik View Post
Hi guys,

I run the Psytronik label and would be definitely be interested in releasing a physical version of Solid Gold on the Amiga (it would be great to add an Amiga game to the Psytronik range!)

I can handle the artwork, packaging and distribution so there would be no extra effort or cost required on the part of the authors. All I would need to make this happen is a physical copy of the finished game on floppy disk that I would use as the master copy to duplicate from using a real Amiga.

Cheers folx!

Kenz / www.psytronik.net

P.S. The author's will receive a royalty payment from each physical copy sold of course - so it's a great way to support the project AND receive a nice boxed version to add to your Amiga collection!
Best news I read here in a long time!
If you and phx really succeed in making a physical release, it'd be more than awesome! Get hype!
Old 20 November 2013, 22:58   #37
Simmo76

Quote:
I forgot to mention that the game will be completely free and offered as an ADF image.
I even plan to release the full source text as public domain, to give some motivation and help for future game designers.
This is great news. Thanks very much for this, really looking forward to trying this out.
Old 21 November 2013, 09:21   #38
christopherpm

Quote:
Donations are not necessary. We did it just for fun. And also do not expect too much from it, as long as you haven't played it.

A boxed version would mean some extra work for us and also a financial risk, because we have to produce them in advance to get an acceptable price. We will think about it.

The ADF is not in DOS format. It is a real retro production, like it would have been done in the early 90s. But I'm sure that Stringray will be happy to provide a WHDLoad version a few days after the release.

BTW, I didn't create the game alone. At least half of the work should be credited to my brother, who did all the graphics, music and level design.
If you are not accepting donations, then I think you should release it as charity-ware - asking people to donate to a charity of their choice!
Old 21 November 2013, 11:16   #39
phx
Natteravn

Kenz of Psytronik made a very kind offer. This would indeed be a possibility to release a game in physical form without any extra effort or risk for us.

Now somebody from Germany made exactly the same offer and I tend to accept it instead, because most Amiga gamers are from Europe. So shipping will be cheaper for the majority.

But don't hold your breath for it. I'm only saying it is possible. The only fact is that Solid Gold will be released in a few weeks in some form.
Old 21 November 2013, 11:43   #40
funK

Quote:
Kenz of Psytronik made a very kind offer. This would indeed be a possibility to release a game in physical form without any extra effort or risk for us.

Now somebody from Germany made exactly the same offer and I tend to accept it instead, because most Amiga gamers are from Europe. So shipping will be cheaper for the majority.

But don't hold your breath for it. I'm only saying it is possible. The only fact is that Solid Gold will be released in a few weeks in some form.

You could always release two different versions, one for PAL and one for NTSC Amigas, just for some extra awesomeness!
Seriously though, this is an amazing news! Looking forward to playing this!