English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 01 April 2014, 21:57   #1
JayEff

WinUAE USB Amiga hard drive issue (2014)

Hi!

So, my problem is this:

1. I run WinUAE as normal, I can see my drive but have Access Denied.

2. I run WinUAE as Administrator I can see all drives except that one from the USB which I want.

I have the shortcut with -disableharddrivesafetycheck though I get no warnings when I launch it.

Anyone has the same issue? I've looked everywhere but so far no one seems to have this issue.

Regards,
JayEff

Old 02 April 2014, 15:44   #2
voyager_1701e

Hi JayEff,
I assume you are trying to setup a CF/Drive in WinUAE? If so a while ago I had the same problem. I thought I solved it by simply using an earlier version of WinUAE (I used version 2.3).

Recently I had to start using DiskPart to clean some CF cards again, but I didn't have the same problem even with the most recent version of WinUAE installed when setting up the cards as Amiga drives, however all of the sudden I had the problem again! What I figured out, was if I had another type of removable memory plugged into my system at the same time, Windows refused to allow writing to the bootblock via WinUAE. Removed any cards or USB sticks and the latest version of WinUAE, run as Admin, now no problem with setting up the drives.

Hope that helps
Ash
Old 04 April 2014, 18:31   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Logs needed to confirm the problem: run winuae (do not start emulation), tick Paths panel logging checkbox, click "Add harddrive", attach winuaebootlog.txt.

-disableharddrivesafetycheck does nothing since years ago.