English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 26 June 2010, 17:11   #21
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
Nice work!! If you plan to set this level as "first level", the other ones should be even harder
Thanks Really good to hear that from you. Not sure about it being the first level really, but we'll see how the story goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
Do you plan to implement "multiple exits" ? I saw that nowhere in the docs.
Well, that's of course already possible, but since the original level one also only had one exit, I didn't really bothered to think about adding more. That said, there are of course great ways of designing continuous levels and I will surely make use of it
Old 26 June 2010, 20:18   #22
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Added music info, yet I'm not sure they work as intended Feedback would be nice
- If by "music info" you mean the end of level tension music, then I am afraid it did not work, I have not heard anything.

Perhaps this has to do with the level? IIRC, the first level in stock CE does not feature the tension music.

- I have encountered the two shots issue for one of the pod thingies again but in a more restricted way. First, I did not see any of them spawn two times and most of the time I had not the two shots issue.

But after backtracking, when I came back forward (whatever that means ) I saw that this one fired two times.
However, this only happened for the first "shot" (the two of them actually). The second (or rather third) shot was a single shot and so were the next ones.
But when I went back again and came back the two shots issue happened again (and only lasted for the two first shots).

- Hmmm, seems like one extra life eludes me. Well, I don't want to overplay the level so I will probably wait for the next version before trying to find it.
Old 26 June 2010, 20:25   #23
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
If by "music info" you mean the end of level tension music, then I am afraid it did not work, I have not heard anything.

Perhaps this has to do with the level? IIRC, the first level in stock CE does not feature the tension music.
That would explain it (as I used the music info from the original level one) and also why I didn't hear it when testing . If you can give me an example of a level with the tension music at the end I'll have another look.

Quote:
I have encountered the two shots issue for one of the pod thingies again but in a more restricted way. First, I did not see any of them spawn two times and most of the time I had not the two shots issue.

But after backtracking, when I came back forward (whatever that means ) I saw that this one fired two times.
However, this only happened for the first "shot" (the two of them actually). The second (or rather third) shot was a single shot and so were the next ones.
But when I went back again and came back the two shots issue happened again (and only lasted for the two first shots).
Hmm, that's strange and shouldn't happen. The error you reported before was a stupid mistake at my end This time I can't see a problem there... will check again after the footie
Old 26 June 2010, 20:34   #24
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
If you can give me an example of a level with the tension music at the end I'll have another look.
Level two for example. Tension music begins 6 seconds after the linked segment of the video:
[ Show youtube player ]

In case you don't remember this music only activates when you are in that area near the end of the level. And if you go away from there the music reverts to normal.
Old 26 June 2010, 20:40   #25
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
In case you don't remember this music only activates when you are in that area near the end of the level. And if you go away from there the music reverts to normal.
Heh, I know how that works now, yes Just need the correct 'number' of the music. This should look somewhat familiar :

5 it is then. Thanks for the info, will change that later
Old 27 June 2010, 09:17   #26
Peter
Still an Amiga user

HI TCD - I played the B3 level on my A1200 and it works very - I got 85% so will have to keep hunting on my next attempts...

One thing I did notice (and playing on a real Amiga I wasn't able to get a screen shot) was that when I went through a portal (this was the second portal I went through in the level - it was located on a wall between two water falls) I teleported to a small island... once on the Island there was no visible exit back as (on the Island) no exit portal appeared (of course it would be difficult to create a portal here as no wall space is available) - I had to walk to the top of the Island where I was automatically teleported back to the area between the two water falls... but it was more by luck than judgement that this happened.

I don't know if you knew about this or maybe it is the way it is for a reason but I thought I would post and mention it all the same just in case...

Great work TDC - thanks for this - it was fantastic to play a new level!!

Last edited by Peter; 27 June 2010 at 09:25.
Old 27 June 2010, 09:25   #27
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I don't know if you knew about this or maybe it is the way it is for a reason but I thought I would post and mention it all the same just in case...
It's by design I'll have another look, but the 'problem' is that I wanted the silver key to teleport you back, which doesn't work as expected (or I didn't try hard enough ).

Quote:
Great work TCD - thanks for time you have dedicated here - it was fantastic to play a new level!!
Thanks Peter Certainly good to hear that people like my level and of course that helps to get the motivation to make a second one in a bit

Edit : Success! Seems like I simply didn't try hard enough Thanks a lot for making me have a second look Peter Makes much more sense now

Edit 2 : Okay, beta 4 is ready for download. Fixed the tension music at the end (hopefully... ) and the teleport on the secret island. I've seen the 'two balls' issue aswell after backtracking and coming back, but it only happened once (right when I entered the screen). Don't know how I can fix that, so I just call it the 'amazing two ball throw wonder' feature from now on

Last edited by TCD; 27 June 2010 at 09:52.
Old 27 June 2010, 10:09   #28
Peter
Still an Amiga user

Thanks TCD - great work - I will play some more later... and I really must try to get some time next week to look over the FAQ section and look into doing a level myself...

Enjoy the Football today...?!!
Old 27 June 2010, 10:19   #29
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Thanks TCD - great work - I will play some more later... and I really must try to get some time next week to look over the FAQ section and look into doing a level myself...
Would be great If you have any question, just pop on IRC and ask away.

Quote:
Enjoy the Football today...?!!
Look in OT

Edit : Bug regarding the forest monster spawn spots fixed thanks to Horace Updated beta 4 in the first post.

Last edited by TCD; 27 June 2010 at 19:53.
Old 01 July 2010, 09:04   #30
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

After a remark about the usage of RAR archives on real machines with Musashi ("Using RAR instead of ZIP so I can't unpack it as easily on a real machine "), I've uploaded a zip version of the level to the file server aswell
Old 02 July 2010, 01:13   #31
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Thanks to Peter's amazing testing skills, he spotting two glitches right at the start Thanks again mate

Updated to beta 5 now and tomorrow I'll call it a final if noone else finds a bug. Download in the first post again.

Edit : It's not tomorrow (???), but time to move on, so beta 5 is the final now Renamed the files on the file server (not fussed about the direct download). Path To Threedom enters alpha phase now, so don't miss out on that one

Last edited by TCD; 09 July 2010 at 22:24.
Old 17 July 2010, 19:38   #32
daxb

I don`t know if it was a second level or just a part of the level (same map). However, there was passage B (upper left corner on the map) open I think but couldn`t go thru. Missed I something or was that a bug?
Old 17 July 2010, 19:40   #33
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Bit hard to tell from your description. Can you make a screenshot please?

Edit : Ah, I think I know what you mean. Well, if there's a 'block' in your way, you need to search for a way to get rid of it It's a two part secret (and an important one too )

Last edited by TCD; 17 July 2010 at 20:26.
Old 18 July 2010, 00:08   #34
daxb

No block. It seems really open but I can`t go thru. Unfortunately I can`t make a screenshot.
Old 18 July 2010, 00:26   #35
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Hmm, you mean this one :

?
My alpha testers could go through there. If that's the spot, I'll have a look myself and ask them (mainly Dast ) to try it again aswell.
Old 18 July 2010, 13:00   #36
daxb

No, it was the upper left corner on the map. In the forest. Second level I guess because there was loading between.
Old 18 July 2010, 13:05   #37
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Ah, you're still in the first level Guess some posts need to be moved then Well, I'll have a look later and now I know which spot you mean
Old 18 July 2010, 16:22   #38
daxb

I`m confused. Do you moved text between threads? I also don`t know what is level one and level two.

Path2Threedom = Level 2?
RockingWoods = Level 1?

I`ll check again what I played. Maybe I depacked the wrong archive.
Old 18 July 2010, 16:23   #39
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Yes, Rocking Woods is 'level 1' and Path To Threedom 'level 2'. RW is a world 1 map and PTT a world 3 map. Should be easy to identify by looking at the screenshots in the first post
Old 18 July 2010, 17:36   #40
daxb

Ok, then it was Path To Threedom. I just played again with the same result as described.