English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 23 December 2009, 14:27   #41
Cammy

Hey everyone! I'd just like to let you all know about a wonderful update to our prize pool. The lucky first place winner will now receive a brand new v2.0 RGB-S-Video adapter from Amiga Maniac (www.amigamaniac.com)!

I have also updated the Amiga Christmas Tree website now, and will shortly add more details about the competition. I will also add the links to all the game entries on the page on Christmas morning.
Old 23 December 2009, 17:10   #42
alkis21
Zone Friend

Send a message via MSN to alkis21
That sounds great, Cammy. Thank you for all your efforts.

When will the results be announced?
Old 24 December 2009, 01:34   #43
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

is my post with links above enough for entry to the competition, or is there anything else you need for it Cammy?
Old 24 December 2009, 02:02   #44
alkis21
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hungry Horace View Post
is my post with links above enough for entry to the competition, or is there anything else you need for it Cammy?
Good question, I was curious myself Cammy, you did not acknowledge our games. Were you able to download them & try both of them yet?
Old 24 December 2009, 03:52   #45
Cammy

Hi Horace and Alkis, please don't think I'm ignoring either of you. I haven't uploaded any of the entries to the website yet because I'm still waiting for everyone to finish up. We're running this contest over four English speaking forums, and I know word has spread to other forums in Germany, Poland and other places around the world. I'm trying to get all the entries together so I can upload them at the same time, that way giving everyone a fair chance to download all of the entries, not just the earlier ones.

Horace your post provided plenty of sufficient information for me to make a readme file from, unless you already put one in the archives (which I haven't checked yet, sorry, but will have to today because I'm still working on the site). So it's all good.

I also haven't personally played any of the games yet, because for one thing, I just haven't had any time! And I have barely slept all week! The other reason is because I actually want to play them all on Christmas day for the first time, just like a real Christmas present.

Please, if anyone is offended by something I did or didn't say, please tell me. I'm sick of not knowing what I've done to offend people.
Old 24 December 2009, 04:39   #46
kriz

COol stuff !!
Old 24 December 2009, 05:28   #47
mihcael
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
Horace your post provided plenty of sufficient information for me to make a readme file from, unless you already put one in the archives...
Horace has made a readme for Xmas Syman! it is included in the archive!
Old 24 December 2009, 05:49   #48
ami_junkie

The games look really great, I wish that I had the time to have submitted a game but it looks like I will have to wait until next year great stuff guys and thanks for organising this Cammy. Can`t wait to download the other games and give em a try. Are you gonna do voting by a poll on the forums?

Old 24 December 2009, 06:48   #49
alkis21
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammy View Post
Please, if anyone is offended by something I did or didn't say, please tell me. I'm sick of not knowing what I've done to offend people.
Absolutely no offense taken!
Old 24 December 2009, 09:11   #50
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

no indeed, no offense at all. Just wanted to check on any other requirements!
Old 24 December 2009, 10:27   #51
Zener

Hi all,

I hope you enjoy this fast and dirty shot'em up. Bugs will be fixed when we have some spare time

X-Mas Disaster
==============

Our contribution to the First Annual Festive Amiga Game Making Competition. We hope
there is more time than two weeks for the next one . And we hope there are a lot
of entries in every competition too. X-Mas Disaster is a shot'em up for AGA Amigas.

Story
=====

The year is 2999, humanity is ready to celebrate X-mas Eve. But an ugly and angry
alien is going to change this plans. Only Santa Claus can stop him. You play as
the alien, destroy humanity!

Controls
========

You need a Joystick to play the game. Move and shot with it

Credits
=======

GFX: Jordi Palome

Programming: Juan A. Gomez and Carlos Peris

GUS Entertainment

Download
==========

Download X-Mas Disaster packed in LHA

Cheers!
Old 24 December 2009, 16:20   #52
alkis21
Zone Friend

I like it. It's fast, it's funny (love the stripping Santas) and you get to play as the bad guy.
Old 24 December 2009, 18:42   #53
rockersuke

Oops! This is me throwing the towel! Definitively can't reach the stage I consider minimum to present something (yeah, fighting till the very last minute XDD). I think it's for the best, anyway, as my entry was a brief text adventure which could have been difficult to judge by the same criteria that the rest of the games.

So now I get into the group of games that didn't arrived to the comp but will appear -hopefully- in a few days just to make this a more "Amiga" Christmas holidays. Thanks everybody, organization and participants. I eagerly await for the next comp!

--
Old 24 December 2009, 20:12   #54
Kitty

X-Mas Disaster

I couldnt get this to run on my A4000 Power 040 ClassicWB UAE setup
Also for some reason the icons didnt show up except for as small squares, are there supposed to be icons? my other hd/whdload games have icons.

Any help getting this to run would be muchly appreciated as this game looks simply awesome!
Old 24 December 2009, 20:19   #55
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Zener maybe used OS3.5 icons. I have small black icons too in ClassicWB too.
Old 24 December 2009, 20:26   #56
Zener

Weird...

Try to run it without startup-sequence. Hold both mouse buttons and click on "Boot without startup-sequence". Then go to the folder where the game is located using the shell and execute it from there.
Old 24 December 2009, 20:52   #57
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Just tried the game with WinUAE 2.0.1/Amiga 4000 quickstart/ClassicWB: No problems here. Nice 2D shooter.
Old 24 December 2009, 21:55   #58
Kitty

Just tried the game with WinUAE 1.6.1/Amiga 4000 quickstart/ClassicWB UAE: still didnt boot into the game

Quote:
Try to run it without startup-sequence. Hold both mouse buttons and click on "Boot without startup-sequence". Then go to the folder where the game is located using the shell and execute it from there.
how do I execute it from shell?
Old 24 December 2009, 22:23   #59
Philski

Hey guys,

congrats to everyone that's already finished! I have an 11th hour request. Does anyone have a sound sample of a telephone in .sam format that I could make use of?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

Old 25 December 2009, 03:54   #60
Cammy

Hi everyone. I'm really sorry if I have missed anyones entries, but I have uploaded eight so far to the Amiga Christmas Tree website. Please, if anyone can see an entry that I missed out on, let me know! I'm not at home at the moment, and I'm kinda forced to use a Windows PC, which is frustrating me, and I might have made a mistake without realising it.

Also if someone can help out with a sample of a telephone could they convert it to .sam format for Philski so he can finish off his game? Thanks!

Merry Christmas!