English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 15 April 2019, 02:15   #1
Skumball404

Mouse stops working if gamepad unplugged

Let me preface this by saying I think this is not a WinUAE problem but the issue shows up in WinUAE and I am hoping someone can help.

I have a strong feeling this is a Windows 10 / gamepad / XInput issue as I'm getting weird problems in Risk Of Rain 2 on Steam as well (I'll cover that below), but the mouse doesn't work in WinUAE at all if the gamepad (an XInput ZD-V108) that is normally plugged in is unplugged. My config file is attached and a quick way to test is to hold both mouse buttons down on boot to get into the bootup menu. For me the buttons aren't recognised as the Amiga just boots in the normal way. I also have a Workbench setup and the cursor is unresponsive.

Now to Risk Of Rain 2 on Steam. I installed this game yesterday and all was good. I also played around with WinUAE yesterday and there were no issues. Today after a fresh boot not only do I get the WinUAE cursor problems but the cursor in ROR2 is jittery and flickers and the special ability hotkeys are assuming a controller is plugged in even though I am using a mouse, no matter if the controller is plugged in or not. I am pointing the finger at ROR2 as from memory that was the only new program I installed yesterday.

The mouse cursor works fine on the Windows 10 desktop with or without the controller plugged in.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: uae A1200 basic.uae (11.5 KB, 46 views)
Old 15 April 2019, 21:03   #2
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Does both mouse "types" work identically? Game Ports panel "Windows mouse" vs "<name of mouse> or <HID compliant mouse or similar>" (name depends on Windows version and mouse type).
Old 16 April 2019, 20:22   #3
Skumball404

Hi Toni. Mysteriously all seems good again; the mouse works in WinUAE if the gamepad is either plugged in or not and ROR2 recognises the mouse again. I really don't know what caused and then fixed this other than a possible automatic update that I am unaware of as I have not manually changed any settings in the mean time. Very strange that this would suddenly occur in a 24 hr (give or take) period then revert back the next day despite reboots in the middle.