English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Entertainment

Old 17 July 2020, 13:19   #2681
Anubis
Retro Gamer

The Old Guard (2020) - I quite liked this movie which seems to setup stage for follow ups.

Some very cool fight sequences and interesting story (already seen before, but with nice little changes.)

I think this is Netflix only.

7 / 10
Old 17 July 2020, 14:49   #2682
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

It is indeed a Netflix original. When in doubt, just check for a Netflix logo in the trailer video.

I'll give it a watch, it's the typical fodder that I consume in chunks under dinner time
Old 17 July 2020, 19:06   #2683
RuySan

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga (2020)

It's a long time I haven't followed the Eurovision but after this movie, I will for sure watch it next year

Two hours of a fun and fresh movie with up and downs, nice voices, songs and humour.

Even a cool "caméo" of ancient Eurovision's participants.

Really enjoyed watching it.

8/10

I also liked the movie, but the Eurovision sing along with the cameos was a missed opportunity. They could have sang real Eurovision songs and they chose Cher and fuckin black eyed peas??
Old 20 July 2020, 10:09   #2684
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuySan View Post
I also liked the movie, but the Eurovision sing along with the cameos was a missed opportunity. They could have sang real Eurovision songs and they chose Cher and fuckin black eyed peas??
It's a comedy movie. The target audience is not "people who like Eurovision", it is "people who watch comedies with Will Ferrell". I can assure you that the choice of songs is extremely calculated, not stupidity.
Old 24 July 2020, 23:24   #2685
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

After watching Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga (2020), I found out a little bit about who was going to be in the Eurovision this year...
And I came across this video-clip of a group that should have been singing this year (not this song). This video-clip made me laugh a lot considering how I call my kids : my mini-Godzillas !!!!

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 27 July 2020, 22:12   #2686
Ostin Maur

Rewatched K9 with Jerry Lee and James Belushi. Perfect movie imo. It was the 20th time I had watched it but even now this movie remains very touching for me.
Old 28 July 2020, 10:46   #2687
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

At the time back in the 90's, K9 was known in our house as "the movie with a dog where the dog does not die" That was an important distinction because my mother was physically incapable of seeing movies in which a dog dies.
Old 30 July 2020, 15:37   #2688
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I watched the Terminal. For some reason I always mixed that movie up with "Catch me If you Can", thinking they were one and the same movie so I never actually watched it (because I really dislike CMIYC).

But I got wind of it because I saw a docu on Youtube about the person that the movie is inspired by:

[ Show youtube player ]

Seeing the documentary first and then the movie made me appreciate it a whole lot, I think it is great fun. And thankfully departs quite a lot from the source material because that is just sad in several ways.
Old 25 August 2020, 15:31   #2689
VladR

I have rewatched I am Mother for the third time yesterday and realized I only now fully understood the movie ! I have, somehow, previously missed the two words "Till Now" towards the end of movie (when she enters the container).

Which completely changes the whole story!

Rose Byrne's postprocessed voice is however amazing !
Old 29 August 2020, 00:17   #2690
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Good Omens (2019 - BBC series (6 episodes))

Starring Michael Sheen & David Tennant

The plot : An angel and a demon who have known each other since the time of the Garden of Eden decide to prevent the Apocalypse. But is the Apocalypse really the creator's ineffable plan ?

Simply ! 9/10

Old 10 September 2020, 21:07   #2691
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

I have goosebumps all over.

Because I saw... this:

[ Show youtube player ]

The trailer for the new Dune movie. It looks like it is going to be a beauty.
Old 14 September 2020, 14:04   #2692
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

the Judge. Fantastic acting across the board defines this movie. I'd have almost missed it in all the (amusing) popcorn violence that Robert Downey Jr. was involved in at the time. I'm glad I didn't!

A law movie with an interesting premise which I will not spoil, but it does not expect you to remember a thousand details and know the book of the law by heart, it's a simple story. Its more your "regaining a connection with your home town and family" affair than it is a law drama, but it balances both quite well. And it's RDJ so there just has to be quite some snark in his character which provides the necessary levity from time to time. All the characters are likeable and believable in their own way. It's one of those rare movies where even though the movie tells you which characters you should be rooting for, I kept an open mind the whole time and did not pick sides. It's interesting how the movie walks the fine line between good and evil by not defining any heroes or villains.

8.5/10. Classic.
Old 16 September 2020, 22:25   #2693
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Scott Pilgrim VS the World

For 10 years this masterpiece of a movie evaded my attention. My honor is broken. It has loud music and a universe based on gaming rules, this is almost the perfect movie. No I'm serial.

9/10, will watch again at least a hundred times.