English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Off Topic > OT - Gaming

Old 23 March 2020, 18:33   #81
jmmijo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
lol...

Probably should get my joystick out of storage room. Was thinking to get steering wheel now that we might have extended 'be like jmmijo' time, to play more racing games.

Jmmijo, did you try ED??
Yeah for just a few minutes, just didn't get into it that much sorry.

But unlike you peeps, I don't have any time off from work nor did I get layed off as I work from home so I don't really have much extra time to play around.

However I had taken this week off but it feels very different then previous times for obvious reasons.
Old 24 March 2020, 10:10   #82
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

It is different. I have some vacation time planned too in a week or two... I'm not cancelling it, now working from home and with that constant sense of unease I need it more than ever. It was originally intended to go see the in-laws in Spain, but that is obviously not happening right now.
Old 24 March 2020, 12:04   #83
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Sadly, many things changed/will change due to corona virus. I am working today from home, tomorrow will work regularly, since we are consider essential business. Should take at least week off, just not sure when.
Old 25 March 2020, 22:49   #84
Hedeon
PPC Hacker

Guys, I need a bit of help and google hasn't been nice to me.

I am using eddb.io to find modules but a lot of the A grade stuff seems to be missing from the stations this database it should have. I cannot find grade 0A pulse wave analyzers for example in the Meeneratii system. Am I doing something wrong?
Old 25 March 2020, 23:00   #85
Daedalus

No, you're probably not doing anything wrong, but markets do change from time to time. If a system economy shifts for any reason (e.g. government, allegiance or population change), that can influence the availability of certain modules or classes of module. Because all these helper websites like eddb, inara and so on are not actually part of the game or attached to the game, they rely on information being updated by players passing through and using the markets. As a result, the information can often be quite outdated. The old skool way of doing it was to simply pay attention to economy types, populations and other factors to determine the chances of finding what you need and scouring numerous systems and stations until you find it. You kids don't know how lucky you are! *shakes fist*
Old 26 March 2020, 01:03   #86
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Once you unlock Jameson Memorial and founder world (Shinrarta Dezhra) you should have access to all modules you can buy, except modules available only if you align with powers. (if you didn't already - if you did, why buying everything 10% more expensive? )

As for eddb.io, please tell me you are using ED Discover. That is tool that updates eddb.io and couple other collection sites and all of them are really depending on players to refresh data.

I remember when I played group of players would unite and mess with government to change who system belongs / what fraction just to have certain ships / modules available at station. Their forum is very helpful, and most of help in game I found there.
Old 29 July 2020, 20:23   #87
Anubis
Retro Gamer

While watching random YT videos, this one reminded me of cool feeling this happened to me. (it was in dark session with headphones - cool sound effects)...

If you did not play this game, this can be considered spoiler...

so

Spoiler Alert!

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 18 August 2020, 19:02   #88
Anubis
Retro Gamer

More news about ED Odyssey: Elite: Dangerous expansion aims to give players their own ‘Neil Armstrong moment’

Quote:
Frontier Developments’ upcoming expansion to Elite: Dangerous, called Odyssey, will allow players to set foot on alien worlds for the first time.

In a new trailer for Elite Dangerous: Odyssey, fans get a glimpse at what it will be like to exercise their “space legs” for the first time, as well as the first details on the game’s new genetic sampling tool. It all looks very exciting but, even after an interview with the developers, many of the specifics of how this new expansion will work still seem to be up in the air.
[ Show youtube player ]

Source

Some of plans make it very similar to NMS, but again, wonder what that 'Neil Armstrong moment’ will look like...
Old 20 August 2020, 14:42   #89
Anubis
Retro Gamer

It seems most of gamers are already in rage over FD's decision not to include option to walk inside your ship... here is one more moderate opinion about matter...

[ Show youtube player ]

I would agree, if they decide not to allow walking inside ships, it would be rather disappointing.
Old 16 September 2020, 16:07   #90
Anubis
Retro Gamer

Elite Dangerous Graphic Settings Fully Explained by Exigeous

[ Show youtube player ]