English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 24 October 2005, 19:24   #1
Ironclaw
Banned

www.recordedamigagames.org is now ONLINE!

http://www.recordedamigagames.org

It's finally online! Recorded Amiga Games!

Yet another website devoted to the legendary Amiga! Here you will you find "time attacks / speedruns" videos of Amiga games.

Ok, most of you have heard of "speed runs" or "time attack" movies. There are several sites out there with nes, snes, psx, msx etc recorded "speed run/time attack" movies, but NONE of them has any of Amiga games. This site will only have Amiga recordings.

For those of you who don't know what this is, it's like a competition. People tries to complete a chosen game as fast as they possibly can while recording it. That's what this new site is all about. People will create these kind of movies and submit them.

We have already submitted a few movies you can watch for yourself to see what its all about!.

The staff of RAG.
Old 24 October 2005, 21:34   #2
Rochabian
The Big White Cat

Great Idea!!!!!
Now you can know games in another way than screenshot!!!
Nice work, cause sometimes screenshots doesn't reflect playability!!!!
Old 24 October 2005, 22:08   #3
plasmatron
Zone Friend

Wow !!! Great site Ironclaw.

BOOKMARKED
Old 25 October 2005, 23:34   #4
Ironclaw
Banned

C'mon, tell me guys. Anyone that knows already if you are going to record something? . Read a week ago or so someone bragged about doing fast lap times in Super Cars. That person could record that and submit it
Old 26 October 2005, 18:25   #5
StarEye
Zone Friend

I like your site! You took a lot of shortcuts in Giana Sisters. Any chance we'll see a "complete" speedrun?
Old 26 October 2005, 20:11   #6
Ironclaw
Banned

Don't think so.... the idea is to complete the game as fast as possible... so if the game has shortcuts, they will be used... it's the same for those super mario speedruns, they skip many levels and complete the game in like 8 mins.

"You took a lot of shortcuts in Giana Sisters"

Wasn't recorded by me, but by Hipoonios.
Old 26 October 2005, 21:48   #7
plasmatron
Zone Friend

Checked the Quick & Silva one. Wooooow man ! You are dawm fuckin quick m8. I love this game really. One of my favs on AMIGA. I bought it back in the day. Had a lot of AMIGA FUN issues. Was always great stuff on it.
Lethal Zone - Quick & Silva - Project One - METAL LAW.

I think I will try to beat your speedrun. AHHHRGH IMPOSSIBLE. I always looked to much at the wonderfull gfx . And the lovely choons by Mr. Huelsbeck himself Ohhhh I love em.
Old 27 October 2005, 01:30   #8
Photon

Very well made vids, nice pic, nice flow, nicely synced sound. Thumbs up and hope someone records finishing Rainbow Islands!
Old 27 October 2005, 11:01   #9
kriz

Good work IronClaw!! i like the design, and keep the games coming
Old 27 October 2005, 12:42   #10
Ironclaw
Banned

"and keep the games coming"

That's mostly up to you guys.
Old 27 October 2005, 18:42   #11
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmatron
Checked the Quick & Silva one. Wooooow man ! You are dawm fuckin quick m8. I love this game really. One of my favs on AMIGA. I bought it back in the day. Had a lot of AMIGA FUN issues. Was always great stuff on it.
Lethal Zone - Quick & Silva - Project One - METAL LAW.

I think I will try to beat your speedrun. AHHHRGH IMPOSSIBLE. I always looked to much at the wonderfull gfx . And the lovely choons by Mr. Huelsbeck himself Ohhhh I love em.
Thank you! I love this game too, thats why i did a movie :-) Huelsbeck if one of my favorites composers. The best music from Quik and Silva must be level3 in game.

And NO, i don't think you can beat my time ..
Old 27 October 2005, 21:14   #12
plasmatron
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hipoonios
Thank you! I love this game too, thats why i did a movie :-) Huelsbeck if one of my favorites composers. The best music from Quik and Silva must be level3 in game.

And NO, i don't think you can beat my time ..

Old 29 October 2005, 14:48   #13
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon
Thumbs up and hope someone records finishing Rainbow Islands!
Really? Rainbow islands is on my list of comming movies

Vote here:
http://www.recordedamigagames.org/mo....php?poll_id=6
Old 30 October 2005, 11:53   #14
Nexjen
Abre Los Ojos

Send a message via AIM to Nexjen Send a message via MSN to Nexjen
Excellent guys. I love shizzle like this.
Old 31 October 2005, 12:59   #15
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
i have begun the cannon fodder 1 and 2 video recorded. each phase is between 17 and 33 mb long ^^. really great ^^. I have done mission 12 6 phases in 3:15 each ^^.
Old 31 October 2005, 16:51   #16
forumbase
Zone Friend

thank you, thank you
Old 31 October 2005, 23:34   #17
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Mission 3,4,5, 6,8,9 and 12,13 fully completed and recorded, i'm doing next ones ^^

just to let you know, i kill mission 6 phase 1 in 1:14 ^^

Last edited by dlfrsilver; 01 November 2005 at 15:01.
Old 01 November 2005, 19:39   #18
Ironclaw
Banned

dlfrsilver, We recieved a submission from you, unfortunately we cant accept it, reasons:

1. As stated in the submit rules on our page, we ONLY accept either "partials" (which means only ONE level) or "full" (which means a recording from stage 1 till the last one) recordings. You have submitted none of those, we only recieved "mission 8: phase 2-4".
2. When uploading files, you should put all the files in one folder and upload that folder (also mentioned in the submit rules). You have uploaded an empty folder and the files outside that folder.
3. Only 2 files are required, the game.avi and the game.txt. The txt is vital cause it needs to be filled with the required info, like the game you recorded, your name and a comment. You only submitted the .avi file.

If your idea was to upload all the parts as they are completed, please dont. Only upload the finished movie, not segments.

Anyway, the little recording you sent looked good, you played very well and we hope to see the full recording soon.
Old 01 November 2005, 20:46   #19
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

well then prepare for awfully huge files then, for example playing only level 1 of jim power
takes something like 226 mb !! so guess putting all files together mean something like

5x226 = more than 1 gb ! so my guess is that you'll soon get problems to store files.

1 gb just for video is too big, it's better to split them ^^, it's easier to download.

but for cannon fodder ok, i will assemble all movies parts and then put them in a folder

as you want with text file ^^.
Old 01 November 2005, 21:24   #20
woody57

In this area of online storage there ARE alternatives to a site carrying large files & therefore needing 100gig plus a month transfer allowance,as opposed to the useal P2P suguestions

There are number of sites that allow free upload & download of RAR & ZIP files whether the files need passwords or not.

Each have their strengths & weaknesses but all give faster download speed than personal computor based "home servers" these include:-

for files upto 50,000,000 bits in size but since you can split a file they have no LIMIT to how many parts you upload but downloaders are limited to 1 FREE hi-speed download per hour.

It dosent matter if the files have 100,000 downloads they will stay live & there is NO restriction to many gigs of files one user uploads to them.

BUT unless the file is downloaded at least once every 30 days it goes dead unless the uploader holds an account with them then its 90 days before deletion

Filecloud which allows users to create a free 25mb storage account per e-mail address
dowmloaders are restricted to wait on a clock {useally under an hour} fror a downloader with a one file per downloader on free accounts at a time....While this might seem nothing to PC users the smaller size of Amiga files could make this option workable.

Megaupload which allows free files up to 250mb {it could be changing} again for downloaders a waiting clock but the download speed is actually megaslow
seldom rising over 40kbs even with much higher speed download capacity

If any of this is of use to this thread or other EAB users want more information to this area of file distribution I am more than happy to produce a thread with link's & user guides