English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 24 July 2001, 14:45   #1
Codetapper
2 contact me: email only!

Floppy disk Does anybody have the game The Deep (approx 1988)

Hello people... Does anybody here have the original or a crack of the game "The Deep" - an oldie, one of the first games I saw on the Amiga so must have been late 1987/early 1988ish... Side on view a bit like the game Jaws when you're underwater...

And yes I've searched the common sites before posting - even Cody Jarrett doesn't have this game!
Old 24 July 2001, 14:58   #2
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Cool The Deep

Yes, I'm ashamed.
Old 24 July 2001, 15:41   #3
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
WOW, I love this thread! And Codetapper is the one who asks -- that could increase my hopes that I can see that thing working on an emulator eventually!

Anyway, here it is ...

Codetapper, GOOD LUCK!
(Meanwhile, Toni Wilen is tearing his hair out thinking about a way how to force that beast into submission. He told me he had never seen THAT kind of track-loader in his life )
Old 24 July 2001, 23:12   #4
Codetapper

Does somebody have the original of The Deep?

Hey guys, thanks for the upload - I'll check it out later...

Twistin': Do you own this game (I don't have your list handy atm) or you just obtained that box scan from somewhere? The reason I ask is I fixed Jaws to work with WHDLoad and found I have an original disk image of the game on a CD so loaded that up (well it wouldn't load so I had to HD fix it!) and found the original has a nice loading pic, then an "at the movies semi 3d view of the movie title" then a 3d boat scene of a crane loading that capsule onto the boat and it driving off into the water...

Hence if someone has the original of The Deep I would like to see what (if anything) has been sliced off the cracked version...

I find it quite disgusting how the old scene crackers would just cut off everything except the game in order to make a single file trained version of a game... In about 1989 I saw a disk (on the Atari ST!) which had about 11 games on it - Arkanoid 2/Ikari Warriors vintage - and thought that was cool to be able to cram all those on but now I just wonder how many Mb of useful stuff they stripped to cut it down to that disk!

BTW, who is Toni Wilen?
Old 24 July 2001, 23:30   #5
morph72

hm I think Toni Wilen is one of the people working on UAE...

Old 25 July 2001, 08:01   #6
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

@Codetapper

I wish I did have an original of this game. It's pretty uncommon, but I feel sure I will come across an original sooner or later. Actually, the games I look for the most are those 80's games that seem to only have cracks that are lame one-parted crap for compacts. Obviously the people cracking back then were defectors from the ST and C-64 and that was the only way they knew how to crack. Very few ST games got the 'stand-alone disk(s)' treatment.

I would really like to see that full version of Jaws. The 1-parted version looks like mediocre PD and has surely passed as PD more than once! Most people don't give a damn about the intros, but I am one of the few people I know who actually watches them through all the way (at least the first time I play the game).
Old 05 August 2001, 00:14   #7
Codetapper

The Deep HD available

Hi people...

Since nobody has provided the double barrel thing, here is one I knocked up in PPaint...

The game does not like emulators at all, the disk loader is some of the worst crap I have seen, and even the WHDLoad version doesn't work under my WinUAE config (try it yourself though).

With several hours and making it a 1Mb chip game I could probably change the loader to a decent one however I'm not sure the game would load anyway seeing as the WHDLoad one doesn't under my emulator...

The full game and installer is available on the Action site:
http://zap.to/action/

Note that it works with the cracked image uploaded a few days/weeks back to this forum so you can just download the installer if you have the disk image already

Enjoy (if you can load it - well done!)

<Ian>
Removed screenshot.
</Ian>

Last edited by Ian; 12 October 2001 at 00:56.
Old 05 August 2001, 23:50   #8
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Works even on WinUAE!

Works GREAT, Codetapper! :bounce

Just uploaded a HDF for you guys where you can see the full glory of the game in WinUAE! (OS 2.0 + required)
Config is included. Tested on WinUAE 0.8.16 R4.
Now move to ADF zone - and get it!