English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 14 August 2013, 09:05   #1
phasermaniac

yellow crosshair in lightpen/gun games?

hello, i would like to know if is it possible to hide that yellow crosshair that shows winuae when lightpen is selected. it would be useful for playing with pc lightguns.

also, i'm not able to play loriciel games. i cant find which the trigger button is.

i have found some whd instalations made by c'fou, that are supposed to give all games trojan support.this works thought tooltypes like custom1=1, custom1=2... so where in winuae have i to write this? i launch this way but seems to have no effect:
WinUAELoader.exe -mode whdload -rom "WestPhaser_v1.1.zip" -CUSTOM1=1

Old 14 August 2013, 12:44   #2
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by phasermaniac View Post
i have found some whd instalations made by c'fou, that are supposed to give all games trojan support.this works thought tooltypes like custom1=1, custom1=2... so where in winuae have i to write this? i launch this way but seems to have no effect:
WinUAELoader.exe -mode whdload -rom "WestPhaser_v1.1.zip" -CUSTOM1=1
Custom1=1 and such are set on the Amiga (emulated) side and not on the Winuae (Windows program) side.

Under Workbench, go to the game drawer and locate the executable.
Select it, Right-click and go to Icons -> Information

There you can edit the Tool Types for the executable
Old 15 August 2013, 09:05   #3
brolly

He is using WinUAELoader to launch the WHD so he isn't using workbench.
You need to edit the WHDLoad.xml and add those settings in the WHDLoad property for the respective game, something like WHDLoad="WestPhaser.slave PRELOAD CUSTOM1=1;"
Looking at it seems like CUSTOM1 is already set to 1 for that game anyway.
Old 15 August 2013, 10:14   #4
phasermaniac

yes im doing like says brolly.
i have been testing but doesnt seem to change nothing.
in capone, custom1=2 is used to have trojan gun conected in port 2, which works with amiga 500, 1200... but not 1000, as ive read. so i map trigger to joy2left wich is trojan's trigger but nothing...

also i have not idea how to use the guns in crazyshoot, westphaser or sideshow. Anybody knows. the problem is i dont know which key corresponds with the trigger for these guns (actionware's and logiciel's) and thats why i was interesed with the installations by c'fou as make all gun games compatibles with rojan, which i can use.

Old 15 August 2013, 11:54   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasermaniac View Post
hello, i would like to know if is it possible to hide that yellow crosshair that shows winuae when lightpen is selected. it would be useful for playing with pc lightguns.
It can't be hidden. Config file or command line option can be added, GUI option won't happen, 99.9% users never need lightgun option and 99.9% of 0.1% that need it don't have gun/pen
Old 15 August 2013, 13:07   #6
phasermaniac

yes, lightgun games are rare, and pc lightguns are not common.
but they work as a graphic tablet and "works" for me with "install virtual mouse driver" option enabled ("absolute_mouse=mousehack" in.uae file).
the problem is that yellow crosshair, it's annoying when playing with a lightgun.
I have downloaded winuae source but im not able to find no .cur image, and also have watched the input related archives and dont find anything relative to that crosshair.

Old 17 August 2013, 01:38   #7
brolly

I never noticed the yellow crosshair thing, but I think the idea of being able to hide it might be useful indeed. I think a command line option would be more than enough for this.

I don't know why the custom settings aren't working for you, they work fine here even though I never tested with those particular games nor lightguns.
Old 17 August 2013, 13:18   #8
phasermaniac

Hello brolly, tht yellow cursor appears when lighpen input is selected in any port. and the native/host cursor options seems to affect only mouse‘s one.
a command line would be nice but i dont know how to do it