English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 14 October 2003, 21:53   #1
micksta

Roll eyes (sarcastic) Will I ever see you again....sihhh....

I have searched the web for this game that I loved when I was a little boy. It is so long ago and I still can remember some parts of it. I really would love to see and play it again.
The name:
Phantasie III - The wrath of Nikodemus

A role play by SSI. 1987

If anyone could email me this file(s) I would be very grateful.

white.rabbit@aon.at

cheers
Mick

Old 14 October 2003, 21:58   #2
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

I've put it in the Zone (see the buttons at the top right hand corner of this webpage).
Old 14 October 2003, 22:02   #3
micksta

Thank you so much.
;-)

Old 15 October 2003, 19:13   #4
solamnic

Smile Memories

Yep Its a faboulous game....
Some years ago I skiped my summer vacations just to finish this game for the 10th time........ (yep thats true)
I hope they will make a whdloader for this.....

I loved the series....
In amiga there was only Phantasie I and Phantasie III...
I used an atari st emulator to play Phantasie II.... (it was the only decent version i could get).....

I m glad that there is another that played this game also..... Now we have some thousands of MHZ.... Hundends of MBs Ram, extra extra fast video cards..... , An orchestra with vocals for music ......, Mass amount of storage..... GAMEPLAY: NO,

I wish someone could tell me ONE game, nowadays, (beside multiplayer games) that he has finished, restarted it, and finished it again.......

My message isnt relative with your request... But as I said before.....

Memories
Old 15 October 2003, 20:34   #5
micksta

Wink that's it!

It's memories....

When I was a boy I was addicted to my AMIGA.
And just like an addicted person I was always after "the stuff"...

For many people this might have been "abnormal behaviour", but I spent days in front of my AMIGA.
These games just require(d) a whole lot of time, and for me as a slow thinking individuum they required even more :-))

Now when I find games again that even left already my memory, it's just like a travelling back in time. There are so many memories coming back. The people where I got the games from that time...the people whit whom I played tem...and the stories that were actual at that time....all comes back and with that the fun that these games gave one and a halfe decade earlier.

For me the reason that the new games cannot "hypnotize" me like the old ones did is probably that people just get used to everything.
I think for the children from today that get in contact with the nowadays games it's just like for us earlier, although the creativity in gameplay is not number one focus any more.

Old 16 October 2003, 00:25   #6
gaterooze

"I wish someone could tell me ONE game, nowadays, (beside multiplayer games) that he has finished, restarted it, and finished it again....... "

The only two modern games I've played right through to the finish without becoming bored are Freelancer (the rebirth of ELITE), and Morrowind -- I would strongly recommend Morrowind as an excellent, non-linear RPG.

BUT for conquering & replaying, that honor goes to the Rogue-like game Angband, and its variants. As a fan of Phantasie, you will probably dig it. I've played through Angband (and its precurser, Moria) several times.

For starters, look at http://www.thangorodrim.net/

The best I've found is T.O.M.E (Troubles of Middle Earth):

TOME is at http://t-o-m-e.net/

Tha attached piccie is from a great variant, Zangband -- it shows the GFX mode, but I prefer playing simply in ASCII.

Oh, and there are great Amiga versions!!! (to bring this back on-topic)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zangband.gif
Views:	240
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	6054