English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 14 August 2017, 22:12   #1001
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by starship View Post
Moving the slider of the window to go back and forth in the video.
Congrats with post nr 1000 in this thread.
Old 15 August 2017, 00:40   #1002
amigoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
Hedeon just released 278 which seems to work fine and deficons works again.
I remember you did some mem optimizations of the libraries in the past. Are they already included in the latest builds or abandoned?
Old 15 August 2017, 01:28   #1003
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigoun View Post
I remember you did some mem optimizations of the libraries in the past. Are they already included in the latest builds or abandoned?
Oh yes, here is a 278 version.

Last edited by grelbfarlk; 27 January 2018 at 01:38.
Old 15 August 2017, 01:56   #1004
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedeon View Post
You mean moving the window while playing a video or moving the slider of the window to go back and forth in the video?

In both cases it does not crash here. That does not mean the the problem is NOT in the library(seeing the issue with 274...), but maybe other people can also indicate whether they have crashes or not.
It's not crashing for me by moving the slider or rescaling, but I did have this issue in the past, as I recall it was old library bugs or maybe a video file that Frogger didn't play so well, or sometimes it was AHI issues. I can't get it to crash right now.

Anyone who can figure out what the Overlay options are supposed to do or how to make them work gets a cookie. Right now it goes like this for me:
1) Normal, works fine windowed or fullscreen
2) Vlayer, works in a window but is slower than normal, doesn't work in fullscreen and errors with "Could not create Vlayer"
3) Vlayer Planar- Docs say this works great on Voodoo, maybe author meant Voodoo under CGX/Grex? Fullscreen or Window don't work, "Could not create Vlayer"
4) P96, windowed mode works but seems slower than Normal. Fullscreen doesn't work just like the top few pixels streched over the whole screen vertically.

Off-topic but does anyone have WarpHexen working? Hexen 1, not the Cowcat's Hexen 2 version which runs great. I get the RTGMaster prompt to pick a screenmode which will lock the machine if I don't pick a screenmode in about 10 seconds, if I'm fast enough I get a screen opened but it freezes and have to cold reboot to recover.

I managed to start it once after recopying hereticsound.library to libs, but audio.device seemed to be open already and it ran but without sound.

Last edited by grelbfarlk; 15 August 2017 at 03:49.
Old 15 August 2017, 06:57   #1005
starship

Quote:
Congrats with post nr 1000 in this thread.
Thank you
Old 15 August 2017, 07:15   #1006
starship

Hi grelbfarlk.
Warphexen working on me. but only with amihexen gui otherwise machine is crashing.
when I click warphexen, machine is restarting.
When i click amihexen and select game, it starts with no problem.
Old 15 August 2017, 10:23   #1007
spudje

Ok, so I'm almost ready
Two more questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by strim View Post
1. Prepare fresh AmigaOS 3 installation, without WarpUP, without any weird additions, patches,...
Is that with or without BB1&2?
I assume I do have to install mediator mmcd + update for my voodoo card. But without Warp3D yet.

Haven't read the readmes yet, so sorry if everything is in there.
Old 15 August 2017, 23:20   #1008
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudje View Post
Ok, so I'm almost ready
Two more questions

Is that with or without BB1&2?
I assume I do have to install mediator mmcd + update for my voodoo card. But without Warp3D yet.

Haven't read the readmes yet, so sorry if everything is in there.
You don't need to bother with the original MMCD, just start with the latest update and BB1&2.
Old 16 August 2017, 01:30   #1009
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Hi grelbfarlk.
Warphexen working on me. but only with amihexen gui otherwise machine is crashing.
And does sound work for you?
Old 16 August 2017, 12:23   #1010
starship

Quote:
And does sound work for you?
Yes. Sound is working good on game. No problem.
Old 16 August 2017, 15:22   #1011
amigoun

Quote:
Oh yes, here is a 278 version.
Thanks!
Old 17 August 2017, 21:47   #1012
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

Quote:
Hi grelbfarlk.
Works both for me when started from CLI. Don't forget to set stack when you start WarpHexen (see docs). AmiHexen sets the stack automatically to 300000.

No crashes here though. Using Hexen WAD 1.1.

Checking the mouse box DOES seem to crash the 68K.

Last edited by Hedeon; 17 August 2017 at 22:01. Reason: Added 68K crash when using the -mouse option
Old 17 August 2017, 23:49   #1013
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Works both for me when started from CLI. Don't forget to set stack when you start WarpHexen (see docs). AmiHexen sets the stack automatically to 300000.

No crashes here though. Using Hexen WAD 1.1.

Checking the mouse box DOES seem to crash the 68K.
What do you have selected for your RTGMaster preferences? No C2P module? 320x200 resolution? I'm wondering if it's not dxemul.library issue for me.
Old 18 August 2017, 06:57   #1014
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

Module I choose was RTGGoesWarpOS. 640x480 only gives a quarter of the screen. So best result was with 320x240. Sound worked.

Quitting, starting second time with -mouse worked, but now sound was off and keys behaved strange. Don't think the game works properly with a mouse.

I'm guessing a 68k interrupt routine is started that gets messed up in the end with the mouse option enabled.
Old 18 August 2017, 22:32   #1015
trixster
Guru Meditating

My replacement sonnet still hasn't quite arrived, fingers crossed it'll be here early next week.

The original sonnet will not initialise correctly at all now, it works 0 times out of 10. I've spent a bit more time trying odd combinations to try and get some life out of it but it's not having it. I've even tried sourcing a spare voodoo 3 to see if there was a strange conflict there - the spare voodoo works fine, the sonnet does not!

So next week I'll either have closure on this and be BACK in the game... or I'll be banging my head on the wall and trying to further diagnose why my sonnet/A4000 journey is faltering!!
Old 19 August 2017, 10:29   #1016
trixster
Guru Meditating

I wasn't expecting the new sonnet to arrive this morning, but it's just been delivered!

And...... [drum roll].....

IT WORKS!
Old 19 August 2017, 11:11   #1017
Wrangler

Woo hoo! So it is a hardware fault with the other one then. Hopefully fixable.
Old 19 August 2017, 11:17   #1018
trixster
Guru Meditating

It would certainly seem that way. I'm so relieved it doesnt appear to be a problem with my A4000 - either psu, mediator, software install etc. After this last month of troubleshooting, hand-wring, teeth gnashing and head scratching i was at a loss as to where to go next.

But the new sonnet dropped straight in and worked first time, no issues. Been running Q2, blitzquake, wipeout, sulaco, hexen ii etc with no problems. It also appears that my ram is ok as im using the 3x64mb sticks and all seems ok.

So a hardware issue with the original sonnet.

Any hardware gurus out there interested in taking a look at it to see if it's an easy fix? I'd be happy to pay postage there and back and pay for time spent fiddiling with it.
Old 19 August 2017, 17:51   #1019
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixster View Post
It would certainly seem that way. I'm so relieved it doesnt appear to be a problem with my A4000 - either psu, mediator, software install etc. After this last month of troubleshooting, hand-wring, teeth gnashing and head scratching i was at a loss as to where to go next.

But the new sonnet dropped straight in and worked first time, no issues. Been running Q2, blitzquake, wipeout, sulaco, hexen ii etc with no problems. It also appears that my ram is ok as im using the 3x64mb sticks and all seems ok.

So a hardware issue with the original sonnet.

Any hardware gurus out there interested in taking a look at it to see if it's an easy fix? I'd be happy to pay postage there and back and pay for time spent fiddiling with it.
Since you have a working Sonnet now, I'd sell the broken one to Kev, since he should be capable of repairing it as well (hopefully).
Old 19 August 2017, 19:21   #1020
trixster
Guru Meditating

Quote:
Since you have a working Sonnet now, I'd sell the broken one to Kev, since he should be capable of repairing it as well (hopefully).
I think that will be the plan, I PM'd him a few weeks ago.