English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 22 October 2018, 23:22   #21
o-leif

I will buy!!!
Old 24 October 2018, 09:02   #22
pgovotsos

When you said a range of several meters, could you quantify that a little bit more precisely. I usually sit two to four meters from the console. Do you expect that 4 meters will eventually reliably fit within a "few" meters?

I doubt that my eyes could see anything clearly beyond 4 meters anyway
Old 24 October 2018, 09:11   #23
Hewitson

I don't see how it couldn't interfere with the c64 keyboard. Any joystick plugged into joystick port 1 will.
Old 24 October 2018, 10:06   #24
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
I don't see how it couldn't interfere with the c64 keyboard. Any joystick plugged into joystick port 1 will.
That's true, but only when using the joystick, there is no interference when the joystick is idle. I should make that statement more clear, I mean in contrast to the original CD32 gamepad* and my CD32 receiver, the C64 Receiver does not disable any keys on the C64 keyboard.

*) The original CD32 gamepad (and my CD32 receiver) will output HIGH/LOW signals on pins 6 and 9 of the joystick port. When no buttons are pressed, the state of those pins are HIGH, this will in turn disable a few keys on the C64 keyboard. A normal joystick and my KTRL C64 Receiver will output Hi-Z/LOW signals on all pins, resulting in no disabled keys on the C64 keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgovotsos View Post
When you said a range of several meters, could you quantify that a little bit more precisely. I usually sit two to four meters from the console. Do you expect that 4 meters will eventually reliably fit within a "few" meters?

I haven't tested the range in many environments yet so I can't say for sure but 4 meters should be within that reliable range. I will do some more testing and get back to you.

Last edited by MickGyver; 24 October 2018 at 10:15.
Old 24 October 2018, 22:32   #25
MickGyver

Quote:

I did some testing with the USB receiver (they all behave the same) and indoors the controller was working at 9 meters (the longest distance I could get). Didn't seem to miss any button presses at that distance. I tested outdoors at up to 25 meters, it wasn't missing any input at that distance either but input lag was probably a tad higher, not that I could notice though. I might do some more scientific testing later.
Old 25 October 2018, 13:38   #26
Clydos
aka (Cpt)JohnArcher

I don't really dig the SNES style, I really love the Competition Pro/Honeybee style. But I would still support this, as this seems to be very cool (and needed!).

Not sure whether this was asked before, but would it be (reasonably) possible to extend this wireless controller in a way that you could plug in a cable to connect to your Amiga if you don't want to go wireless for whatever reasons?
Old 25 October 2018, 13:46   #27
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydos View Post
Not sure whether this was asked before, but would it be (reasonably) possible to extend this wireless controller in a way that you could plug in a cable to connect to your Amiga if you don't want to go wireless for whatever reasons?
Then why don't you purcahse this instead? KTRL CD32 - Amiga CD32 custom gamepad
Old 25 October 2018, 14:01   #28
Clydos
aka (Cpt)JohnArcher

@DamienD: I know this one. It is more like having "two devices in one device", "having the best of both worlds". Similar to my Xbox controller, sometimes I use it wireless, sometimes cable.
Old 25 October 2018, 14:37   #29
Scipioafricanus

Great news I prefer wired controllers but unfortunately, You not taking any more orders for them.
3 for me please !:P and 2 wired if you have some spares

Old 25 October 2018, 15:49   #30
pgovotsos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickGyver View Post
I did some testing with the USB receiver (they all behave the same) and indoors the controller was working at 9 meters (the longest distance I could get). Didn't seem to miss any button presses at that distance. I tested outdoors at up to 25 meters, it wasn't missing any input at that distance either but input lag was probably a tad higher, not that I could notice though. I might do some more scientific testing later.
Thanks for testing the distance. 25 meters? You're going to have to have someone a lot closer to tell you what you're doing
Old 25 October 2018, 16:19   #31
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydos View Post
I don't really dig the SNES style, I really love the Competition Pro/Honeybee style. But I would still support this, as this seems to be very cool (and needed!).

That is not possible I'm afraid, there isn't enough digital pins on the Atmega I'm using, plus it would require a redesign of both the software and hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scipioafricanus View Post
Great news I prefer wired controllers but unfortunately, You not taking any more orders for them.
3 for me please !:P and 2 wired if you have some spares
I probably won't be selling (many) ready made controllers I'm afraid (I don't have the time for it). I will sell kits and make thorough instructions available like with the wired version. If anybody want's to buy kits or PCBs and sell ready made controllers then please do, cheapest option is to buy most parts from other places and get the PCBs from me.

Quote:
Thanks for testing the distance. 25 meters? You're going to have to have someone a lot closer to tell you what you're doing
I used binoculars when testing. I still need to do more testing with a test device that measures time taken to transfer packages.
Old 25 October 2018, 23:40   #32
Picard

I only wish i could find one working cd32 controller somewhere.
Old 26 October 2018, 03:15   #33
pgovotsos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard View Post
I only wish i could find one working cd32 controller somewhere.
Well if you have a spare $300 lying around there's usually a thief selling one on evilBay for that. Or if you have even moderate soldering skills you can build the wired one with the board and components he's selling on AmiBay

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?101948-KTRL-CD32-PCBs-and-Components
Old 13 November 2018, 17:33   #34
MickGyver

I will soon have all the parts available for some kits of the wireless KTRL gamepad.

If you want to build one of these, you will need to get a 3.7V 500mAh Li-Po battery (20x40mm) for it from another source, like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/232948355016 or https://www.ebay.com/itm/332830330735.
Old 13 November 2018, 22:15   #35
thairacerjp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickGyver View Post
I will soon have all the parts available for some kits of the wireless KTRL gamepad.

If you want to build one of these, you will need to get a 3.7V 500mAh Li-Po battery (20x40mm) for it from another source, like this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/232948355016 or https://www.ebay.com/itm/332830330735.
sweet ! i can't wait, fabulous JOB !
Old 03 December 2018, 15:27   #36
MickGyver

I have now made instructions for how to assemble the wireless controllers. I still need to make instructions for the receivers.

http://www.daemonbite.com/ktrl/ktrl-...ansmitter.html

If you look at the photo above, you can see the transciever module is sticking out of the front of the gamepad. The DPAD pads are now more traditional, this gives slightly less sensitive diagonals.

I will soon sell a few kits over at Amibay.
Old 09 December 2018, 14:54   #37
MickGyver

I created a massive sale thread on Amibay for the KTRL Wireless Controller PCBs and components: http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php...4-MSX-PC-etc-).

I will sell a limited amount of sets to start so I can react to possible bugs etc.

Head over to Amibay if you want a project for the holidays.

Old 09 December 2018, 17:23   #38
thairacerjp

WOW ! great news, let's see Amibay ! good job