English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.UAE Wishlist

Old 09 December 2009, 22:16   #21
skateblind
Village Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleauvive View Post
I'd like fullscreen screen losing focus to be prevented from being minimized, with the GUI activated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
DirectX fullscreen modes always minimize when focus is lost. There is no way to change this.
Firstly, your sentence makes very little sense in english and I think someone has responded to it already if I correctly understood what you were trying to say(againX2(X3?))
Old 09 December 2009, 23:12   #22
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
Quote:
Originally Posted by skateblind View Post
what you were trying to say(againX2(X3?))
yes skateblind, it's like a mantra .

Well, to recap, I felt like prioritizing and presenting both requests apart from one another;
and I rephrased because I thought the GUI being displayed could help in making the impossible possible . Toni replied before I added "with the GUI activated". Never mind this one, then.

Glad to know someone else is running WinUAE in Dual Display mode. Yep, these are the exact conditions under which I first experimented with the show GUI function xpect !
It works fine. So let's see (in next post) if pausing / unpausing the game with the Pause / Break key works as well...

May I ask what are your priority settings ?

Last edited by NewDeli; 10 December 2009 at 08:08.
Old 09 December 2009, 23:36   #23
NewDeli
Banned

OK, here is what should happen (I think) when I intend to UNpause a game which screen has been minimized (no F12 key pressed at this point) :
1 click on the taskbar button makes it maximized

And this is what happens with current setup :
Black screen on the CRT as long as the mouse cursor is poiting at the button, screen briefly flashes when moved away from it, WinUAE stays minimized .

-> Workaround for this : Right click in WinUAE systray icon, Configuration (Show GUI), Cancel (or OK), music is back, ALT+TAB, then at last, the taskbar button works as intended.
Phew !

Sorry for the confusion in previous posts.

Last edited by NewDeli; 10 December 2009 at 08:06.
Old 10 December 2009, 11:16   #24
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Direct3D filter fullscreen mode only problem? Does null filter in fullscreen do the same?
Old 10 December 2009, 11:50   #25
AmigaFriend

Quote:
May I ask what are your priority settings ?
My settings are the default ones, never changed these settings and never had a problem with WinUAE.

ANd by the way i never use WinUAE in my second monitor, only tried yesterday to see what the problem was, and in my experience everything behaved normally.

Quote:
And this is what happens with current setup :
Black screen on the CRT as long as the mouse cursor is poiting at the button, screen briefly flashes when moved away from it, WinUAE stays minimized .

-> Workaround for this : Right click in WinUAE systray icon, Configuration (Show GUI), Cancel (or OK), music is back, ALT+TAB, then at last, the taskbar button works as intended.
Again, as said in my previous post, I didn't had problems with this. When WinUAE is minimized, clicking 1 time in the icon on the taskbar returned fullscreen in 2nd monitor and normal operation of the emulator.

You could have other problem in your setup that has nothing to do with WinUAE maybe.
Old 10 December 2009, 11:55   #26
NewDeli
Banned

Pausing the game works fine with either PAL or Null filter set.
Above described behavior (black screen...) occurs with no filter set.
I hope it's not related to what you told me about slow gfx adapter memory reads.

Also, it needs to be confirmed but Aero doesn't seem to be disabled under Vista when running WinUAE FullScreen.
Old 10 December 2009, 12:15   #27
AmigaFriend

Quote:
Also, it needs to be confirmed but Aero doesn't seem to be disabled under Vista when running WinUAE FullScreen.
On my side is disabled.
Old 10 December 2009, 15:06   #28
NewDeli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpect View Post
You could have other problem in your setup that has nothing to do with WinUAE maybe.
I don't think so. Just updated Catalysts' on Se7en side. I can reproduce with both Vista & Se7en, even tried with beta 24, with & without vSync.

Quote:
Again, as said in my previous post, I didn't had problems with this.
It's two different pause / unpause scenarii. First one was with show GUI, this one is with pause key.
Old 10 December 2009, 20:15   #29
NewDeli
Banned

Same bug with my other computer which bears an old nVidia gfx adapter. Should be reproducible with Single Display too :
No filter set, Pause, Alt+tab, black screen when attempting to maximize back game screen ... Or very specific bug, but I doubt it.

Seems my error log bears some unusual msg , I think you should have a look !
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (15.5 KB, 167 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (29.7 KB, 195 views)
Old 11 December 2009, 07:36   #30
Maren
Banned

Hmm, the only apparent abnormality I can reproduce here with my single 19" CRT monitor + 256mb GeForce 6200 + Forceware 94.24 setup is the black screen after either alt-tab or middle mouse button, but the image returns as soon as I press the pause key again and whatever I'm running continues to work correctly afterwards.
Old 11 December 2009, 11:05   #31
NewDeli
Banned

I see. Pressing Pause again does it. Well... at least, you know my workaround to avoid the black screen !

Last request : Could it be possible to prevent F12 from UNpausing emulation ? Pausing (with the Pause key) is not effective anymore after GUI is skipped here.

Good luck Toni for polishing the RC's btw... Seems some pretty intensive testing is being done up there in the beta thread.

Last edited by NewDeli; 11 December 2009 at 11:18.
Old 13 December 2009, 16:10   #32
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I am still not exactly sure whats wrong or not but:

F12 is not same as real pause (Pause-button)

GUI closing when re-entering minimized fullscreen mode is a hack because it would mess up un-minimize. DirectX fullscreen + GUI windows = annoying to handle without side-effects.
Old 13 December 2009, 19:09   #33
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Arrow Aero

Quote:
On my side is disabled.
(I'm on 7.)
Personally, I wouldn't dare claim anything about that, because in full-screen mode, WinUAE takes absolutely 100% of the screen, so IMHO it's impossible to say whether Aero is really disabled (at least during FS mode).

There are no Aero elements I can see whenever I have WinUAE in FS (nor are there any supposed to remain on the screen )
Old 13 December 2009, 21:39   #34
NewDeli
Banned

Never mind this one too, I had forgot that it is possible to theme Vista to some extend with glass disabled. I use some side ways to theme Vista, with Aero basic MSstyles so it doesn't interfere with "high-level" Aero switching when WinUAE goes full-screen.

Aero support with full Aero themes is much better in Se7en :
The Aero effects degrading is apparent on the TFT when WinUAE goes full-screen on the CRT.

Aka : the hacked Aero from my Vista setup cannot be altered by WinUAE going full-screen in native mode.
Tune-up Utilities allows for Aero themes to be installed even without hardware support for Aero.

@Andreas
you could create a macro to illuminate a keyboard led when Aero is on

Last edited by NewDeli; 14 December 2009 at 01:55.
Old 23 December 2009, 03:39   #35
Maren
Banned

Quote:
Could it be possible to prevent F12 from UNpausing emulation ?
I'd totally support this

Yesterday I was trying to figure out the correct display settings for a certain demo scene that looked way off screen and I needed to take several screenshots for comparison. Since the scene would only last for like 2 seconds, I had to pause emulation before entering the menu to do the tweaking, and after closing the menu (which's mandatory for applying changes) the image would go away because emulation was automatically resumed without my consent.
Old 01 January 2010, 14:41   #36
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Could it be possible to prevent F12 from UNpausing emulation ?
EDIT: I read it as pausing emulation

As I said, F12 does not pause emulation. It only looks like pausing. Perhaps pause can be enabled when exiting GUI but "just one more" GUI button isn't good enough solution.
Old 01 January 2010, 16:59   #37
NewDeli
Banned

What about :
  • Short press on pause key induces normal pause
  • Long press induces freeze (more "powerful" pause state) which is not affected by show / hide GUI operations
Old 01 January 2010, 17:06   #38
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
What about :
  • Short press on pause key induces normal pause
  • Long press induces freeze (more "powerful" pause state) which is not affected by show / hide GUI operations
Absolutely not. Thats stupid.
Old 01 January 2010, 17:19   #39
NewDeli
Banned

Well, if you don't want to create another GUI button (and I don't think that's needed myself), and make pause active after GUI is hidden (second press on F12), there could be some people asking for the opposite :

"Could it be possible to prevent F12 from pausing emulation ?"

Either that or pause key bypasses show / hide GUI operations, I don't see other alternatives.
Old 24 May 2010, 16:30   #40
NewDeli
Banned

Just a note to those who didn't notice Toni had implemented full screen <> full window input event, I made the above request mostly because I disliked to have to restore WinUAE screen after it had been minimized : It's a pain to do so if desktop from first monitor is cluttered.
Now, that it's possible to pause emulation and alt+tab without the screen being minimized (by switching to full window on the fly), I have gained peace of mind on the matter (remember the side effect which consists in having emulation resumed after activating the GUI).
Unpausing don't mean shit, please mentally replace it by : resuming.

Except for one little thing : It's entirely up to you Toni, and I am grateful for those new input events, but I think, because of that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
F12 is not same as real pause (Pause-button)
emulation should be automatically set to pause state when hitting F12 or else there's no reason why it should look like it's paused. With dual display, someone presented with only the second monitor might think something's wrong if the emulation is "halted" in window mode (with the GUI appearing on the first monitor), but status bar doesn't mention "pause".

It probably sounds a bit rhetorical, but it could be the first stone of a "better pause feature" or better show / hide GUI for that matter, in the sense that resuming or not emulation after activating the GUI could probably be later implemented more easily.

Last edited by NewDeli; 27 May 2010 at 12:26.