English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 29 December 2009, 13:42   #41
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
The best Amiga controller is the CD32 Controller, its my most favorite joypad of all time. Its so misunderstood, .
Seriously? When I had one I thought it was bloody awful. It had a horrible cheap and nasty feel to the plastic and the stick-on d-pad cover kept sliding out of position when the heat from your thumb warmed up the glue too much. Definitely up there as one of the worst pads I've used.

I see a lot of people who really like the MD pad as well. I always found the plastic of the d-pad on these uncomfortably hard and angular for the thumb, and the buttons were too big and loose.

I think the SNES pad is the best pad I've used over the years. It's a nice size, it has a high quality feel and is solidly built, and the d-pad is comfortable and responsive.
Old 29 December 2009, 14:11   #42
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
I see a lot of people who really like the MD pad as well. I always found the plastic of the d-pad on these uncomfortably hard and angular for the thumb, and the buttons were too big and loose.

I think the SNES pad is the best pad I've used over the years. It's a nice size, it has a high quality feel and is solidly built, and the d-pad is comfortable and responsive.
Moroder asked for pad that you can plugin directly into the Amiga. So a SNES pad isn't an option. Well, then it turned into the typical "What is the best pad ever?" thread.
Old 29 December 2009, 14:50   #43
Dastardly
Into the Wonderful

Right. The thread title does lead you to think that. My opinion on the MD pad is still the same though. The Master System pad looks a better option IMO.
Old 29 December 2009, 15:04   #44
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Well, it's always a matter of taste. This SMS pad is to small (even for tiny hands), and the d-pad isn't really a cross, the buttons have no good press point. I'm still suprised that somebody wants to use it these days. I would rather suggest the Tecno Plus pad then.

Last edited by Retro-Nerd; 29 December 2009 at 15:15.
Old 29 December 2009, 15:30   #45
_ThEcRoW
Amiga NetRunner

A normal megadrive 3 button pad will act on amiga as 2 button joystick?. Is any modding required?. I ask this because some time ago i read that megadrive controllers could do damage to the amiga board because an extra pin that supplies power. Never tried it, but now that i have recently aquired megadrive, i want to know if the pad could be used on the amiga, because a competition pro isn't suitable for long hours of intense gaming(my hand hurts a lot after a while with the comppro).
Old 29 December 2009, 15:47   #46
Toki

Megadrive

The megadrive joypad works fine with the Amiga, and in my opinion cannot be beaten.
Happy New Year.

Old 02 January 2010, 06:02   #47
Titler
Zone Friend

Add me as another vote for the Sega Master System pad; you love what you know it's true, so it won't be to everyone's taste, but I had one of the early pads, with the hole in the centre to screw in a tiny nub-stick, and both the pad and the joystick lasted me all through the SMS and the Amiga years... I've still got the SMS arcade stick with my amiga stuffed in the cupboard in fact, and one day I plan to treat myself to a D-Pad to USB converter, just to see if he still works, and really relive the old days!