English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 06 June 2019, 04:14   #21
pgovotsos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaCD32CD View Post
Only problem is it doesn't come ready like the Super Card Ami 2 does to connect in parallel (simple and great idea) with software vers 3.2.. I dont know how to connect new supercard pro to a floppy and make it work? Anyone got full instructions?

PS I have a laptop Pc not desktop or tower
Really very easy. Full instructions are in the documentation with supplementary information on the forums at cmbstuff.com Particularly useful is the list of floppy drive models known to work perfectly. If you don't have one of them, they are easy to find and cheap to buy on eBay. I got a pair for $10 US.

Basically just connect the floppy drive to the Supercard with a standard floppy cable, connect a floppy power cable from the connector on the Supercard to the floppy drive power connector, connect a USB cable from the Supercard to your PC and you're ready to go.

Please, please remember to install the software BEFORE connecting the Supercard to the computer. You have to install it in administer mode. Because Windows is so flaky, on some installations you may need to manually copy a DLL file. You'll know immediately if you do - you will get an error message when try to start the program. Unfortunately the error message isn't very useful If you run into this situation, there's a thread on the forums with directions.

Even without Jim's new addition, I've got a pretty portable copy solution. I have the Supercard fastened to the top of the floppy drive with a heavy insulator between them. Then zip tie all the cables neatly in place on the sides with a bit of the USB cable free and off you go.

This may not work for all installations. The USB port on the computer I use puts out enough power to run the Supercard and floppy drive by itself. Yours may not and you'll have to connect an external power supply to the Supercard. I haven't really had much luck with an external hub. For some reason they don't seem to put out quite enough power to make everyone happy

You'll be pretty happy with the results. Personally I find the software easier to use and more successful than the software for the Kryoflux. That may be because I only use the GUI mode. Supposedly the command line version is more flexible, but since I got the Supercard my Kryoflux has stayed in the box. Particularly useful for success is the retry option. That has allowed the Supercard to copy things I couldn't otherwise. Between using the various modes available in the software I've been able to assemble good copies of pretty much everything I have tried.

In case it wasn't extremely obvious, I have been very happy with the Supercard
Old 06 June 2019, 11:49   #22
Hewitson

Quote:
Jim please always remember 95% of us not clever on PC Stuff like you and we need simple things - Why cant you sell the pro with a floppy drive attached already?
Really?
Old 07 June 2019, 02:12   #23
JimDrew

Quote:
Jim please always remember 95% of us not clever on PC Stuff like you and we need simple things - Why cant you sell the pro with a floppy drive attached already?

Well... you just plug one end of the 34 pin floppy cable into the drive, and the other end into the SuperCard Pro. You just supply power to the drive (from the SuperCard Pro if you like). That's it. You can use your PC and the supplied software to make images and copies of Amiga disks. The image files can be used with WinUAE, giving you real copy-protected disks in the emulation.

Most people are putting the SuperCard Pro inside of an external CD-ROM drive enclosure, replacing the CD-ROM drive itself with a 5.25" to 3.5" adapter and a 3.5" disk drive. This makes a truly portable copy station (but requires a PC). I have a copy station that I made that has dual 5.25" and dual 3.5" disk drives. It's a 5 bay enclosure designed for CD/DVD duplicators. The top bay will be for the control panel (2.2" TFT display and push buttons, controlled via an Arduino). With some new firmware for the SuperCard Pro I will be able to copy from drive to drive or with a single drive, verifying the formats (currently Amiga and C64).
Old 07 June 2019, 21:08   #24
AmigaCD32CD

Eek

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgovotsos View Post
Really very easy. Full instructions are in the documentation with supplementary information on the forums at cmbstuff.com Particularly useful is the list of floppy drive models known to work perfectly. If you don't have one of them, they are easy to find and cheap to buy on eBay. I got a pair for $10 US.

Basically just connect the floppy drive to the Supercard with a standard floppy cable, connect a floppy power cable from the connector on the Supercard to the floppy drive power connector, connect a USB cable from the Supercard to your PC and you're ready to go.

Please, please remember to install the software BEFORE connecting the Supercard to the computer. You have to install it in administer mode. Because Windows is so flaky, on some installations you may need to manually copy a DLL file. You'll know immediately if you do - you will get an error message when try to start the program. Unfortunately the error message isn't very useful If you run into this situation, there's a thread on the forums with directions.

Even without Jim's new addition, I've got a pretty portable copy solution. I have the Supercard fastened to the top of the floppy drive with a heavy insulator between them. Then zip tie all the cables neatly in place on the sides with a bit of the USB cable free and off you go.

This may not work for all installations. The USB port on the computer I use puts out enough power to run the Supercard and floppy drive by itself. Yours may not and you'll have to connect an external power supply to the Supercard. I haven't really had much luck with an external hub. For some reason they don't seem to put out quite enough power to make everyone happy

You'll be pretty happy with the results. Personally I find the software easier to use and more successful than the software for the Kryoflux. That may be because I only use the GUI mode. Supposedly the command line version is more flexible, but since I got the Supercard my Kryoflux has stayed in the box. Particularly useful for success is the retry option. That has allowed the Supercard to copy things I couldn't otherwise. Between using the various modes available in the software I've been able to assemble good copies of pretty much everything I have tried.

In case it wasn't extremely obvious, I have been very happy with the Supercard
oh my god see what I mean its like building a rocket...... anyone willing to make this up for me inc a drive and I will pay for your services, I just want a plug a play? if possible... thanks
Old 22 July 2019, 16:55   #25
Eng59

Hi

I am having a clearout and do have a Supercard AMI II and manuals for sale ,but no floppy diskette,but they are availible on the web
Are you interested ?
Thanks
Richard
Old 22 July 2019, 19:40   #26
AmigaCD32CD

yes how do i buy
Old 22 July 2019, 19:41   #27
AmigaCD32CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eng59 View Post
Hi

I am having a clearout and do have a Supercard AMI II and manuals for sale ,but no floppy diskette,but they are availible on the web
Are you interested ?
Thanks
Richard
I was it Basildon today as well
Old 30 July 2019, 15:21   #28
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
I would be well up for buying the second version, more so the internal one!

if the internal or external were to be made again, I would defo buy a couple
Old 05 August 2019, 18:22   #29
AmigaCD32CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eng59 View Post
Hi

Are you interested ?
Thanks
Richard
yes money sent yesterday
Old 07 August 2019, 23:44   #30
AmigaCD32CD

Yahooo I got one yahoo yes yes yes Thank you Very Much