English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene > Member Introductions

Old 04 January 2020, 15:39   #1
bohemist

Greetings from Croatia!

Hi everyone!

I'm not exactly new to Amiga or emulation, but I just recently registered again to the forum (I guess my old registration was inactive and deleted) mainly to be able to get access to DamienD's collection.

I never actually owned an Amiga "back in the day", I had a C64 which I loved and which started my love of games, computing and technology in general.

My cousin had a couple of handhelds and consoles (original Game Boy, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis (Megadrive in Europe) etc.) so I loved visiting him and getting a chance to play on those machines.

My confirmation sponsor had an Amiga 500 and I was in awe with the games on it that had amazing graphics and sound for the time (I remember Monkey Island 2 and the 11 floppies it was on).

Much recently I got into retro handhelds and I have a pretty decent collection (original Game Boy, Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Light, Game Boy Color, original Game Boy Advance, Game Boy Advance SP, Game Boy Micro, Nintendo DS Lite, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, New Nintendo 2DS XL, PSP, PSP GO, PS Vita, a couple of other handhelds like a GP2X, Dingoo A320, Revo K101 Plus...). I also own a couple of consoles (retro and modern). A Nintendo 64, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 4). I have an Nvidia Shield 2017 Android TV box which is also great for emulation (I use a combination of the ARC browser and Retroarch). I still have to setup Amiga emulation on it.

So as you can see, I'm a bit of a retro freak, I love emulating old systems and playing old games (either emulated or on original hardware).

Cheers!
Old 04 January 2020, 15:48   #2
chip

Welcome to the forum
Old 04 January 2020, 16:00   #3
DamienD
Banned

Heya bohemist,

Welcome again to EAB
Old 04 January 2020, 18:52   #4
redblade
Zone Friend

Welcome to the forum bohemist. I never made it to Croatia on my travels to Europe as I missed the flight to Belgium. I hear the beaches on the coast are supposed to be amazing in the summer (If you're a tourist that is, I guess if you are a local...)

That's a nice collection of handhelds you have there
Old 04 January 2020, 20:37   #5
zipper

There can be pretty hot - as I was in Dubrovnik it was 37C and Bay of Kotor (Montenegro) sea water was 32C - amazing.
Old 04 January 2020, 21:59   #6
bohemist

Thanks for the welcome, guys. I guess I should get ore active with posting if I'm about to get to 50 posts anytime soon (to get unthrottled access to the FTP server).

Yeah, the seaside is great, but our country in general is beautiful (I'm a bit biased, I know). Summers are hot (and getting hotter), but we're used to it.