English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 05 December 2014, 02:37   #981
B14ck W01f
m68k all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_3000b26.zip

Beta 26: RC1, Official release date deadline is mid december. This is far too too long beta series..
I agree, but I like to see you go up to Beta 100 in the future.
Old 05 December 2014, 08:27   #982
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ami_GFX View Post
Ok, here are a couple of minor graphics problems that I've had that have been occurring in the last few betas. The first is that when I first boot in native mode, the display is not full screen but a reduced image in the upper left corner. If I hit F12 and then "OK", the display goes to full screen. Once the display goes into RTG mode, the display is full screen from then on. This doesn't happen in the last official version.
winuaelog.txt needed (from latest beta with the bug and last working beta without it), thanks.

Quote:
The second only occurs in OS4 when I start Imagemaster RT. When I exit the program, the display background is black. When I click on an icon, it appears. To recover the normal background, I have to switch display modes. This doesn't happen on my real Amiga but I have a Cybervision 64 and I can't say for sure that it wouldn't with a PicassoIV. The only other OS4 compatible native mode program I have is DpaintV and it doesn't do this.
Switch to Direct3D mode first. DirectDraw can have problems with hardware RTG emulation. (It seems you have D3D mode enabled but miss full DirectX runtime which is needed for D3D support)
Old 05 December 2014, 09:00   #983
AnnaWu

Quote:
Forgot to ask: Do you have any CHD CD's with CD+G subchannel data? I haven't found any easy way to test if CHD subchannel support code is correctly hooked to UAE CD support.
R. Belmont said chdman support it if the input is CDRDAO and subchannel reading is enabled.
Unfortunately, I am not able to create a working CHD image which support the CD+G subchannel data. CD images (.cue/.bin, .toc/.bin, .nrg) tested.

At moment I can use WinUAE only to perform a test.
Drivers in MESS generally don't read the subchannel properly however.

PS: the multisession support is planned.

Last edited by AnnaWu; 05 December 2014 at 09:40.
Old 05 December 2014, 10:40   #984
flibble42

The previous persons post gave me pause to check this out.

A problem with cd+g playback that i reported many versions back and you fixed as i remember seems to have re-appeared.

If i insert the image in CD32 quickstart mode and

1. Play track 01 the screen remains black no graphics
2. Skip to track 02 or start on track 02 the graphics appear
3. Skip back to track 01 the graphics appear

Just a heads up Toni and as always thanks for the great work.
Old 05 December 2014, 11:39   #985
AnnaWu

Hello flibble42, I can confirm the problem with track 01.
Old 05 December 2014, 15:14   #986
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flibble42 View Post
The previous persons post gave me pause to check this out.

A problem with cd+g playback that i reported many versions back and you fixed as i remember seems to have re-appeared.

If i insert the image in CD32 quickstart mode and

1. Play track 01 the screen remains black no graphics
2. Skip to track 02 or start on track 02 the graphics appear
3. Skip back to track 01 the graphics appear

Just a heads up Toni and as always thanks for the great work.
Works for me. (Never assume anything can be duplicated that easily!)
Also there is possibility you posted in wrong thread, no information if it happens with in previous official version..

In other words: all useful information is missing. (All CD+G images? What compatibility in config? Anything in logs? What was the old problem? No context, don't remember anything)

EDIT: Rock Paintings, Smash Hits and New York tested.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 06 December 2014 at 12:57.
Old 05 December 2014, 15:45   #987
James

I am having problems with all betas when closing some MUI based programs (tested with 3.8 and 3.9).
On my main system clicking on the close gadget of AminetRadio, CloneCollect or RHErase will cause the screen to go partially or completely white and if left for a while WinUAE will crash. With 2.8.1 the programs close normally.
Tested on AmiKIT 1.7 where closing AminetRadio also caused the screen to go white but it then reset with a Guru and WinUAE did not crash. Tried CloneCollect but could not reproduce the problem.

AminetRadio is included with AmiKIT, and CloneCollect can be found on Aminet:

http://aminet.net/util/misc/CloneCollect-amigaos3.lha
http://aminet.net/util/misc/CloneCollect-source.lha

Logs:

winuaelogs.zip
Old 05 December 2014, 15:51   #988
AnnaWu

Quote:
What was the old problem? No context, don't remember anything)
Older discussion
Old 05 December 2014, 16:13   #989
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I am having problems with all betas when closing some MUI based programs (tested with 3.8 and 3.9).
On my main system clicking on the close gadget of AminetRadio, CloneCollect or RHErase will cause the screen to go partially or completely white and if left for a while WinUAE will crash. With 2.8.1 the programs close normally.
Quick test: Does anything change if you switch Memory panel Z3 option from Auto to UAE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaWu View Post
I don't think this has anything to do with it. This hack has not changed. (Log says it all, compare them)
Old 05 December 2014, 16:21   #990
James

Quote:
Quick test: Does anything change if you switch Memory panel Z3 option from Auto to UAE?
Yes, that fixed it.
Old 05 December 2014, 16:24   #991
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Yes, that fixed it.
Next question: if you switch it back to Auto but do not enable JIT, do you get same error? If not, what about JIT without direct mode?

In worst case this is Amiga-side software bug..
Old 05 December 2014, 16:47   #992
James

Quote:
Next question: if you switch it back to Auto but do not enable JIT, do you get same error? If not, what about JIT without direct mode?
With JIT disabled I didn`t see a white screen, but the system froze after a few seconds and the mouse pointer corrupted. With indirect mode JIT I got the white screen again.
Old 05 December 2014, 19:51   #993
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
With JIT disabled I didn`t see a white screen, but the system froze after a few seconds and the mouse pointer corrupted. With indirect mode JIT I got the white screen again.
I also managed to duplicate it. Reducing Z3 RAM size also seems to "fix" it. Screen getting white happens because some Z3 RAM write loop with bogus loop count keeps writing past end of Z3 RAM region. Z3 RTG VRAM comes immediately after Z3 RAM.

But I also managed to get some Enforcer hits (68060 MMU mode) after closing aminetradio which means there really is some quite hidden Amiga-side software bug.

(Of course someone immediately blames emulator "because it did work in previous version"...)
Old 06 December 2014, 13:42   #994
thomas

Quote:
Beta 26
Untrap = middle button does not leave fullscreen any more. It only untraps the mouse which is quite useless in fullscreen mode.
Old 06 December 2014, 14:11   #995
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas View Post
Untrap = middle button does not leave fullscreen any more. It only untraps the mouse which is quite useless in fullscreen mode.
Gah. Fullscreen of course should always go away without needing minimize option. winuae.zip fixed.
Old 07 December 2014, 22:00   #996
mark_k

I wrote about the A2630:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_k View Post
Thus with an expansion board, the address space is limited to 128MB, which explains the 112MB DKB 2632 limit. And an A2630 without expansion board has 24-bit address space.
The 24-bit addressing checkbox in GUI CPU settings is greyed out when 68030 CPU is selected. Could you make it selectable in that case, to allow more accurate A2630 emulation?
Old 08 December 2014, 19:24   #997
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_3000b27.zip

Beta 27: (RC2)

- Added compatibility warning message if PPC CPU (and m68k is stopped) configures UAE filesystem autoconfig board ("UAE" controller that is needed by uaehf.device bsdsocket, uaescsi and so on)
- Added download url to no ppc plugin detected message.
- Minimize when inactive option should be ignored if mode is fullscreen. Only uncapturing mouse in real fullscreen mode makes no sense. (b24)
- 68000 MOVE to CCR/SR idle cycle count is 4 cycles, not 6.
- 68000 prefetch mode ("more compatible") DBcc cycle counting fixed.
- 68030 prefetch/"cycle-exact" mode MMU instruction exception prefetch fix. (Same as 280b1 for FPU)
- 68030 "fake" MMU (MMU emulation not enabled = MMU instructions do nothing), absolute address (xxx.w and xxx.l) addressing modes were marked incorrectly as invalid.
- Strange immediate TST variant (TST.x #z) is valid instruction if 68020+.
- Allow 24-bit address space with 68030 CPU. (Not going to touch other CPUs just yet)
Old 08 December 2014, 22:23   #998
Ami_GFX

Quote:
Switch to Direct3D mode first. DirectDraw can have problems with hardware RTG emulation. (It seems you have D3D mode enabled but miss full DirectX runtime which is needed for D3D support)
This is interesting. I updated DirectX and it cured the problem of the small screen at boot but it had other effects. I have been testing in three different installations in Vista and Xp. In Vista, I had to tweak things a bit but it is an improvement and I can choose between Direct Draw and Direct 3D. For looking like a real Amiga, I prefer Direct Draw. The scaling in Direct 3D makes for jagged fonts that don't look quite like my real A4000 in an LCD display. In Xp, once I update DirectX, I am forced to use Direct 3D regardless of what the configuration file says. I had to restore the old version of Direct X to be able to use Direct Draw.

Updating DirectX has had no effect on the black screen in OS4 after launching Imagemaster.
Old 09 December 2014, 07:35   #999
Ryrynz

Not to criticize the dev process at all, but given that this started in July, wouldn't releasing a 2.8.2 version have been a good idea? Maybe 2.8.1 was stable enough?

Old 09 December 2014, 07:52   #1000
ancalimon
Supernormal

There might be a problem (read error, checksum error) when writing to high density floppy images (I tried with A4000T HD 3.1 floppies) but I'm not sure if it's related with the betas (I tried it first when ppc support was added) or not. I will test some more and create a new topic if I can reproduce the problem again with an old version.