English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 15 April 2014, 21:23   #21
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager View Post
By the way, is there a chance that there will be more pcmcia angle adapters?
Working on it, currently redesigning boards.
Old 21 April 2014, 17:26   #22
Hewitson

I don't like the red either, it made it look like a heater. The pink looks great.
Old 21 April 2014, 20:13   #23
DDNI
Targ Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to DDNI Send a message via MSN to DDNI
You need an Amiga tick etched and coloured on the front door.
I coloured my already etched boingball x1000 case red.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	e8jFAye.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	370.0 KB
ID:	39771  
Old 22 April 2014, 13:54   #24
voyager
The show must go on.

Send a message via MSN to voyager
I really liked the amiga kit etched door on the fractal case, But it's a bit to expensive and I did not know how this project would turn out. I have to find a company that makes stickers and maybe I'll put the boing ball on the door or the side of the case.

I think I stick with the led's on the white setting it's better then the red. The pink looks great on a black case. Anyway it's just a gimmick :-) My game room has RGB led Strips under the furniture, when on it looks a bit like a eighties arcade :-)

I hope I can order a keyboard interface today, swapping disks over to UAE if I need to change a setting that needs typing really gets old :-)

Last edited by voyager; 22 April 2014 at 23:56.
Old 02 January 2017, 02:25   #25
nkucz

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyager View Post
If this case came with 2 floppy bays then yes I would have installed the gotek as well but only got 2 5,25 slots.. And the other one is now occupied by the cd-rom drive. It was this or a CF card reader. But I have a load of small harddisk's so I can now store some music on it as well.

Reused one of the HDD brackets and mounted it under the cd-rom.

Most of the work is done inside. I spent more time soldering cables then cutting and drilling. I made a longer IDE cable, longer then the IDE specs would allow but he' it's just pio 0 and it works fine. Did have some floppy drive troubles, I think is a bad power connector but have to look into it.

Spray painted the cd-rom drive. Note to self, first check if the drive is working and THEN paint the drive.

And yes there are some party lights. They can also turn off or make then any colour. If red gets out of fashion we just select blue on the remote.

I think there will be a problem with the PCMCIA angle adapter, they are sold out and expensive btw. I think I can make one myself but 68 connections to make pfff :-(
I know this thread is really old, but I am currently using a Fractal Define R4 and desire to achieve the glowing effect in the front vents that you have. Basically I'm wondering what kind of LED strips you used if you remember, and where you positioned them in the case, facing out towards the front of the case? Or facing out towards the back of the case?