English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 08 August 2023, 17:26   #1
ScottC2010

Floppy disk vAmigaWeb no sound

I have put vAmigaWeb onto an iPhone SE 2016 (1st Gen)
I have worked out how to put my roms and adfs onto icloud and i am not watching TEK Outskirts but i don't here any sound - I can't find any settings for this
And yes i have already checked my iPhone volume
Old 08 August 2023, 22:50   #2
yesplease

check the phones mute switch on the left upper side ... mute must be off for vAmigaWeb playing any sound and make sure you are running iOS 14 or better iOS 15
Old 08 August 2023, 23:25   #3
ScottC2010

Didn't work unfortunately - anyway i've just turned it off and then back on and now it works!
Old 09 August 2023, 01:32   #4
ScottC2010

I still have Amigapad 2.1.ipa but does not work on SE or 5S - i was also wondering if there is a copy of iuae 1.3 anywhere, i found the source for iamiga (Is this the same as iuae?) 1.2.2 but my mac is too old to build
Old 09 August 2023, 21:40   #5
yesplease

iAmiga many years I contributed to that one ... was fun.. it was based on an quite old core ... many incompatibilities. I used to install it to my iphone and after I downported sprite collision from a newer core and repaired hires resolution it worked quite well despite some titles were not loading and crashing. Then apple killed all 32 bit apps by requiring 64 bit. A project member lifted the code to 64 Bit ... thousand of warnings, although it worked... After that I was looking a newer code base ... and another way to sideload... finally created the vAmigaWeb PWA which runs everywhere without the need of sideloading with a new compatible core and a officialy way to install on iOS. With these older codebases you will have trouble to install these as they are mostly abandoned projects and probably are still 32Bit apps and on the other hand they are quite incompatible.

glad that audio sound worked on the SE. I think it will probably not work on the 5S as its OS/safari is iOS 12 and that does not support the modern audio worklets when I remember that correctly.
EDIT: iOS 14 minimum is needed for sound
https://caniuse.com/?search=audio%20worklet

Last edited by yesplease; 09 August 2023 at 21:46.
Old 10 August 2023, 00:26   #6
ScottC2010

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesplease View Post
iAmiga many years I contributed to that one ... was fun.. it was based on an quite old core ... many incompatibilities. I used to install it to my iphone and after I downported sprite collision from a newer core and repaired hires resolution it worked quite well despite some titles were not loading and crashing. Then apple killed all 32 bit apps by requiring 64 bit. A project member lifted the code to 64 Bit ... thousand of warnings, although it worked... After that I was looking a newer code base ... and another way to sideload... finally created the vAmigaWeb PWA which runs everywhere without the need of sideloading with a new compatible core and a officialy way to install on iOS. With these older codebases you will have trouble to install these as they are mostly abandoned projects and probably are still 32Bit apps and on the other hand they are quite incompatible.

glad that audio sound worked on the SE. I think it will probably not work on the 5S as its OS/safari is iOS 12 and that does not support the modern audio worklets when I remember that correctly.
EDIT: iOS 14 minimum is needed for sound
https://caniuse.com/?search=audio%20worklet
Really interesting - i really hope this new project carries on as it looks great so far, i may get hold of an old iphone 5c or 4 series and have a play with the old amigapad and iuae apps too - i will try and build it through setting up a mac through virtualbox if i can also.
I will be at the zzap live in kenilworth this weekend (I went to the nottingham kickstart too a few weeks ago) i have also tried fs-uae on old mac os too - i had a version built from the latest a while back but it can't use the newest front end. Lots of interesting emulators out there now!

Last edited by ScottC2010; 10 August 2023 at 00:27. Reason: Spelling :0)
Old 10 August 2023, 00:30   #7
ScottC2010

I wonder if anyone has tried doing anything with Symbian too!
Old 15 August 2023, 01:51   #8
ScottC2010

I managed to Jailbreak my iPad Mini (1st Gen) which i got the other day on ebay for £17
So not i've worked out how install iUAE 1.3 on that as it is 32-bit (The only 32 bit iPad)
You need to install Cydia with the Jailbreak, then copy files to icloud on pc and then click and hold on the files in icloud on the ipad and then share to a file manager on the ippad such as Filza and then paste them in the applications/iuae folder - it now boots and runs really well. I will still try and see if I can do something similar with Amigapad too