English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Modules

Old 21 November 2003, 13:03   #1
Dasse

traps´n treasures mods..

Hi there!

anyone got or know where I can get the mods from that game? love it anyway..

Old 21 November 2003, 14:28   #2
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

You hit paydirt pretty quickly after using Google for 2 minutes:

http://exotica.fix.no/tunes/unexotic...Treasures.html

http://www.mirsoft.info/gamemods-arc...p?selection=84
Old 22 November 2003, 12:37   #3
Dasse

ahhh.. thanks dude! now its just find out a way to use them in winamp or so..

Quote:
Originally posted by DrBong
You hit paydirt pretty quickly after using Google for 2 minutes:
http://exotica.fix.no/tunes/unexotic...Treasures.html
http://www.mirsoft.info/gamemods-arc...p?selection=84

Old 26 November 2003, 10:26   #4
Melroc

Send a message via ICQ to Melroc
always use Deliplayer for amiga-tunes.

www.deliplayer.com
Old 26 November 2003, 16:37   #5
Amiga1992

Re: traps´n treasures mods..

Quote:
Originally posted by Dasse
Hi there!

anyone got or know where I can get the mods from that game? love it anyway..
Can you try to SEARCH FOR YOURSELF before requesting stuff here and make others search for you?
Old 26 November 2003, 17:37   #6
Dasse

Re: Re: traps´n treasures mods..

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
Can you try to SEARCH FOR YOURSELF before requesting stuff here and make others search for you?
haha.. do you have some kind of problem or what!?

Melroc is very kind .. if you can be more like him would be just great!

Old 26 November 2003, 18:45   #7
Drake1009

I think his problem is doing his MOD duties. Keeping the request forum to requests that are not just found in 5 minutes.

Sorry to say it Dasse, but if everyone were to go request something before searching simple places like google (where DrBong found his hits in about 2 minutes) the forum would get filled up with threads about the same thing constantly.

Yes I know you might've been searching for a MOD file which you can play in winamp, but I'm afraid many of the music files will not play in winamp. DeliPlayer is a nice player which will play most any Amiga format. Maybe you should've made a thread about a player instead of a mod.

'course you might not've known. I think you might want to lay off him for this Akira seeing as how it isn't possible/easy to find a MOD of the game.

Now at least he knows that he's not solely looking for MOD files.
Old 26 November 2003, 19:32   #8
Amiga1992

Mr. Dasse, I don't have a problem, you have it, being that you are too lazy or simply can't be arsed to do what you should to find your stuff. Instead, you want others to look for the stuff in your place.

Anyway I have made a little FAQ about how to gather modules and their respective players.
Old 27 November 2003, 10:56   #9
Dasse

Quote:
Originally posted by Drake1009
I think his problem is doing his MOD duties. Keeping the request forum to requests that are not just found in 5 minutes.
Sorry to say it Dasse, but if everyone were to go request something before searching simple places like google (where DrBong found his hits in about 2 minutes) the forum would get filled up with threads about the same thing constantly.
Yes I know you might've been searching for a MOD file which you can play in winamp, but I'm afraid many of the music files will not play in winamp. DeliPlayer is a nice player which will play most any Amiga format. Maybe you should've made a thread about a player instead of a mod.
Mr DrBong found the .med versions I wrote that I was out for the .mod versions... so easy was that

Quote:

'course you might not've known. I think you might want to lay off him for this Akira seeing as how it isn't possible/easy to find a MOD of the game.
yeah I know its hard to find some certain .mod files that´s why I posted it here.. but I don´t really follow you what you want..

Quote:

Now at least he knows that he's not solely looking for MOD files.
nope, its good that he´s looking for more than .med files

Last edited by Dasse; 27 November 2003 at 11:05.

Old 27 November 2003, 11:23   #10
Dasse

Quote:
Mr. Dasse, I don't have a problem, you have it, being that you are too lazy or simply can't be arsed to do what you should to find your stuff. Instead, you want others to look for the stuff in your place.
you´re so kind.. and NO I´m not lazy at all.. I just do the right thing .. MAYBE there are no .MOD versions out there only this .MED files from the wonderful Traps´n treasures.. but listen now! I found by my own a wonderful plugin for winamp which allows me to play .med files in it

Quote:

Anyway I have made a little FAQ about how to gather modules and their respective players.
thanks dude! (I mean it) you see now thanks to me can more lame ppl like me understand the Elite talk from you better..

PS. I´m just a little bit curious why you are hunting me down sooo much and not other ppl like bobbybearing, tomcat, bippym, mr softy who also asks for duties and in the same "modules req"?

Old 27 November 2003, 12:23   #11
Drake1009

Dasse : PS. I´m just a little bit curious why you are hunting me down sooo much and not other ppl like bobbybearing, tomcat, bippym, mr softy who also asks for duties and in the same "modules req"?

Maybe because they start up with requesting a mod which isn't a product of a game? Game music is easily available. I just read up a bit on the Mod forum and found that most of the requests from afforementioned people are concerned with scene music (from Demos), not games. Some of this might still be easily available, I don't know. But in comparison to games music which is quite easily available demo music is more of a difficulty to find.

And don't expect to find mod versions of too many game tunes seeing as how the files are available in other formats I doubt many want to go through the trouble to convert them.

And just so you know Dasse. There's plenty more formats than .Mod and .Med. A lot more formats and I don't think many (if any) of the game music files have been converted to mod if they weren't there originally. It'd be too big a bother I'd think.
Old 27 November 2003, 12:36   #12
Melroc

Send a message via ICQ to Melroc
@dasse
don't worry about akira. he/she is sometimes a little harsh and constantly seems to be in a bad mood i also had probs with him in the past, but i don't care about any longer.
imo boards exists to help espacially newbies to get into the stuff.
but using the boards search function is always a good start before posting
...greetz...
Old 27 November 2003, 12:57   #13
Frog

the original music of this game are in med format. It's impossible to convert them easily as they used some specific MED instructions and therefore used hydrid samples.

So if you found out any .MOD you can be sure they're a remake of the original tunes.
Old 27 November 2003, 15:34   #14
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by Dasse
MAYBE there are no .MOD versions out there only this .MED files from the wonderful Traps´n treasures..
Alright here lies the problem as Drake said. First off I'm not targetting you for no particular reason, it's just that I got the impression you didn't look hard enough for the stuff.

Second, there are many Amiga module formats and a LOT of games didn't use the standard Protracker .MOD format. I did not know you were looking for such a thing which obviously doesn't exist AFAIK.

Now, I'm not always in a bad mood as Melroc says, but I tend to get "harsh" with newbies which I think have not read the rules and insistently ask for stuff before trying to look for them by themselves. Obviously I have made a mistake with you and I aapologize. I just recommend you to write a little bit more with your next request, so further confusion arises. When one says mods it usually reffers to ANY kind of Amiga sound module, and not just the protracker .MOD format. Only in your last message you said you were looking for .MODs.

As Melroc perfectly pointed out, doesn't hurt to use the board's SEARCH function, probably someone asked for this before.
Old 27 November 2003, 22:52   #15
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
When one says mods it usually reffers to ANY kind of Amiga sound module, and not just the protracker .MOD format. Only in your last message you said you were looking for .MODs.
You've hit the nail right on the head. Long-time Amiga users wouldn't interpret a request for mods as being specific to .MOD files. All sound files that originated on Amiga were called mods and as far as I'm concerned still are. If people are going to make requests, then they should specify in detail what they are looking so they don't waste the time of people reading and also their own.
Old 28 November 2003, 00:14   #16
Drake1009

Not all sound orignating from the amiga would be considered mods. There might be one or two things which actually used a form of Midi. And it was possible to use samples as well.

Mods in my understanding for the forum would be any tracked piece of music, no matter the format.
Old 28 November 2003, 10:14   #17
Dasse

Allrighty :)

Okey, I thought I wrote the right thing then I write "mods" but yeah solutions for mistakes is highly positive

and once for all we are all amigappl not atari dudes so friends we are ..
-----------------
Akira
Melroc
I´m sorry the other
Guys didn´t had the right letters for spelling
A great computer!
-------------------------------

Old 28 November 2003, 14:58   #18
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Not all sound orignating from the amiga would be considered mods. There might be one or two things which actually used a form of Midi. And it was possible to use samples as well.

Mods in my understanding for the forum would be any tracked piece of music, no matter the format.
Back in the day, all sound formats that originated on Amiga were called mods. MIDI files were not considered mods because they were a PC format. Samples were just that......samples. If formats like soundtracker, octamed etc. made use of midi variations or samples, then they were still classed as mods because soundtracker, octamed etc. were, first and foremost, Amiga sound file formats. As with just about anything that originates on other platforms that gains some popularity on PC, the original meaning seems to have been lost or bastardised. I'm sure hard-core Amiga musicians would be in agreement with my explanation and no doubt could explain it a lot more eloquently than me.

In Vasse's case, it wouldn't have mattered if he interpreted it the way you did. He wanted the Traps 'n' Treasure music in .MOD rather than .MED format, so the non-specific request he made just confused me and a few others and didn't get him the .MOD file he wanted. Of course, this led to Akira getting irate when he made the request again. At the end of the day, it just pays to be as specific as possible when making any sort of request in a forum like EAB.

@Vasse
Despite the teething problems you've had so far here, most of us really do try to be helpful. Take some of the suggestions made and stick around..........and you will see
Old 28 November 2003, 15:24   #19
Amiga1992

All programs I have tried out on the Amiga output some kind of module format, not like the PC where new programs like Reason output to audio files like WAV, MP3, etc.

Octamed might have had the option to export to MIDI, but its proprietary format, .MED, is a module. And a program like Bars n Pipes is completely different, not a tracker per-se.
Old 29 November 2003, 13:55   #20
Dasse

Quote:
Originally posted by DrBong
In Vasse's case, it wouldn't have mattered if he interpreted it the way you did. He wanted the Traps 'n' Treasure music in .MOD rather than .MED format, so the non-specific request he made just confused me and a few others and didn't get him the .MOD file he wanted. Of course, this led to Akira getting irate when he made the request again. At the end of the day, it just pays to be as specific as possible when making any sort of request in a forum like EAB.

@Vasse
Despite the teething problems you've had so far here, most of us really do try to be helpful. Take some of the suggestions made and stick around..........and you will see
hehe.. yep we all learn lessions once in a while and yeah I know and thank you!
speak about different formats I remember the days then you made "songs" in for an example DOC Soundtracker and you was forced to use those darn "ST-01" - discs ..