English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 29 September 2016, 23:29   #41
DamienD
Banned

All good Tsak

I know you're busy with other things and that's cool...

I just really loved "Chaos Guns"; great atmosphere / graphics / sound effects / story etc.

Doesn't matter how long it takes before you to have spare time again to devote to this cool game; all I wanted to know is that it will happen at some stage (and you've answered that)

I'm a patient man and will support you if needed
Old 30 September 2016, 11:29   #42
jack-3d
kLiker

First demo was Power-D based engine, but programmer then left the team (he left Amiga completely). The rest of game developers had to start from the scratch from the engine point of view. [ Show youtube player ] and meanwhile guys made a Backbone-based preview of the beautiful graphics, cool atmosphere and some of the new game features. So stay tuned ;o)
Old 30 September 2016, 22:17   #43
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Ahh, thanks Jack! Video above shows the latest build of the ASM engine (which came after the Backbone prototype).

You can already see the larger play area and performance which is spot on as well as other features the Backbone prototype did not include like animated gates, on-off switch functionality, entering-exiting buildings automatically, and other stuff.

Most important, the above video is a showcase for the new weapons. Specifically you can see the Pistol at the start of the video (which was not included in Backbone), the Rifle, the Machinegun with it's new spread, the AMAZING new shotgun (which is an absolute first for an Amiga game) that shoots individual pellets and has a random spread (unlike the Backbone one that shots a single projectile) and the upgraded Missile launcher with it's screen shake effect. Other weapons that are also implemented (but are not shown at this video) are the sword swings, combos and power attack, all part of the new hand to hand combat system.

Also you can see above the new control system which allows you to move while shooting in what we call "lock on direction". This is basically like the old Alien Breed "retreat" mode but in our case you can do full maneuvering besides backstep like sidestep and diagonal moving!

Disregard the video sfx completely as the ones used by the coder are just placeholders.
Old 01 October 2016, 12:11   #44
DamienD
Banned

Very exciting indeed; thanks for the information / video jack-3D & Tsak
Old 11 March 2017, 23:24   #45
DamienD
Banned

Hey there Tsak,

I know that you're busy with other things but please don't forget this game...

I really enjoyed the prototype and would love to see the completed game at some point
Old 12 March 2017, 00:37   #46
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Thanks Daminen, no way I'm forgeting this! I have just invested too much time to let it go (design, assets, story, you name it) plus I trully love the whole concept!

But -alas- it's a huge and difficult project and the old team is unfortunately long inactive (talking about the coder primarily as I'm still around anyway).
That's the bad news.

Now the good news is that there's a nice chance this will become an official PixelGlass project. But as you know we have our hands full with AlarCity currently, so until we're done with it, any further Chaos Guns development is on hold.

Success with AlarCity will pretty much be the cornerstone for the continuation of the Chaos Guns project (IF indeed this goes under the flag of PixelGlass and depending on whether the old CG team gets to be reactivated again or not). More so, since already large chunks of AlarCity's design are compatible with Chaos Guns, thus reusing parts of the code remains a possibility.

Fingers crossed
Old 12 March 2017, 01:48   #47
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsak View Post
Thanks Daminen, no way I'm forgeting this! I have just invested too much time to let it go (design, assets, story, you name it) plus I trully love the whole concept!
...as do I, friggin' great game even though the prototype was a little short; understand that it was a "teaser" and it did just that

Anyone that hasn't given this a bash as yet most definitely should. Definitely for people that loves "Alien Breed" type of games etc...

Can certainly see the potential for great things indeed
Quote:
But -alas- it's a huge and difficult project and the old team is unfortunately long inactive (talking about the coder primarily as I'm still around anyway).
That's the bad news.
I bet it's a huge project, but very worthwhile

Quote:
Now the good news is that there's a nice chance this will become an official PixelGlass project.
Nice

Quote:
But as you know we have our hands full with AlarCity currently, so until we're done with it, any further Chaos Guns development is on hold.
Yup, understandable

Quote:
Success with AlarCity will pretty much be the cornerstone for the continuation of the Chaos Guns project (IF indeed this goes under the flag of PixelGlass and depending on whether the old CG team gets to be reactivated again or not). More so, since already large chunks of AlarCity's design are compatible with Chaos Guns, thus reusing parts of the code remains a possibility.
Fingers crossed
Fingers, toes and anything else I can possibly cross has been done!!!
Old 12 March 2017, 04:50   #48
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

He, he

You know, I have a feeling that this prototype went largely unnoticed. I suspect that the "Backbone made" stamp has surely a lot to do with this. Perhaps it's for the best as performance ain't that good and of course all the in-game shooting action is severely crippled (compared to the real deal) and reeks of 'Backbone' though I did my best to mask this up.

At least I had the opportunity to flesh out the basics and most notably the rpg and storytelling aspect of the game as well as some of the presentation and the overall tone of the adventure. A plus to this was the semi non-linear level design with it's fair share of secrets and loads of interactions involved.

Even for this small teaser, Backbone kinda reached it's limitations with more than 1500 frames of animation, 50+ pis of text, menu stuff and intros, 100 events per stage (max it can get), 800 blocks per tileset for each map e.t.c.

Not bad huh?
Old 12 March 2017, 14:57   #49
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Not bad huh?
Not bad? It's extremely good
Old 22 June 2019, 16:30   #50
DamienD
Banned

I really wish or this game to be finished someday
Old 22 June 2019, 16:50   #51
NeoHippie2016
Freak

I love this work, and played with a bright smile on my face. This game has a depressing atmosphere with a subliminal threat... I hope, it will be released some day. Maybe as a physical Edition (Disk and /or CD)? I would buy it!! Sure!!!
Old 23 June 2019, 01:00   #52
Tsak
Pixelglass/Reimagine

Thanks for the encouragment guys! You know what's funny? Almost 2 days ago I was reviewing the whole project again. Mainly because finally, after all those years, we have an actual virtual engine which allows for light rpg elements (like dialogue, texts, events, interactivity e.t.c.) to work with.

Now, I don't want to get your hopes high. I really have my hands full as there are a lot of super amazing Pixelglass projects in the works that are waiting just around the corner to be officially announced. But there's still hope for this project (or anyway a spiritual successor to the general idea).

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoHippie2016 View Post
I love this work, and played with a bright smile on my face. This game has a depressing atmosphere with a subliminal threat...
The main culprit for that is Nooly's brilliant, eerie musical score more than anything. What I realised some time ago was that the gfx, in all their cheesiness, don't really fit the narrative and sense of dread I wanted to establish.

Last edited by Tsak; 23 June 2019 at 08:39.
Old 23 June 2019, 09:51   #53
Gzegzolka

Good to hear it was not canceled, last demo even with small screen was very fun to play. I hope we will see finished version some day
Old 23 June 2019, 10:09   #54
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
That project was very ambitious and a lot of effort was put into it. Started by me, MarK and DaveDeSade, later adopted by tsak and few others, it evolved to something nice, but met mantinels of our skills, especially in terms of coding. I also hope this will happen once, no matter who will finish it.
Old 18 October 2023, 15:03   #55
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

[ Show youtube player ]

https://ulozto.sk/file/sp9wpyYOmJU8/...1GDy9dZJExMt==
Old 18 October 2023, 15:08   #56
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

The link gives me a 'Error 451!
The page is blocked due to the decision of the authorities in your area.'

Could you upload it to the zone?
Old 18 October 2023, 17:03   #57
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Sure, when I get home
Old 18 October 2023, 17:23   #58
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Thank you
Old 18 October 2023, 18:28   #59
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Done. It is Amiga executable file.
Old 19 October 2023, 06:55   #60
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Cool Alien Breed vibes Which key to fire or do I need to find a weapon first?