English Amiga Board Amiga Lore


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 09 October 2014, 15:40   #21
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!
hansel75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gladstone Australia
Age: 42
Posts: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
I don't need videos or benchmarks - I have a device which is AT LEAST 2x times as powerful than the S7800B and that's not enough for me.

I won't compromise for anything less than full 60fps with no frameskip, and everything cranked up to the max

I mean, a lot of people think that frameskip or skipping audio is acceptable, but not me We're obviously not talking about SNES emulation here (even my fridge can do that, nowadays) but of something like DOS emulation... Ultima Underworld 1 for example runs barely at full speed on my Nexus 5 and will slowdown sometimes.

It all depends on what you need to do with a device. I don't need SNES or Amiga emulators as I have the real deal for that
No worries, i was just trying to point out that your original comment of JXD's being the ''Worst piece of crap I've ever bought'', was a little misleading.
And it was a little harsh on the fella who said he had just bought one right before you posted these comments.

Myself and others here have had great experiences with them, and for the price they are a good buy.
If you want more power then feel free to spend twice the cash to get it, something like an NV shield etc.

Also does this ''device which is AT LEAST 2x times as powerful than the S7800B'' of yours have real physical controls on it?
Because to be honest, you can have twice as much power but it's still gonna suck if you have to use touch screen controls or a separate controller for emulation compared to the PSP like JXD's!
And how much did this device cost you compared to the S7800b?

Also i was trying to point out that the S7800b does have some decent power to it and is not a piece of crap as indicated-''I'm pretty sure that a 1.4GHz chinese-no-brand quad-core won't cut it''

You can see this for yourself in these benchmarks-
http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/04/...12-vs-tegra-3/

The S7800b uses the same RK3188 chipset that they use it the benchmarks and is a very popular, well known chipset.
And as you will see the RK3188 outguns the Tegra3 chipset for most of the time, and that's not bad at all!
hansel75 is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
Old 09 October 2014, 15:45   #22
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Italy
Age: 29
Posts: 1,223
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel75 View Post
No worries, i was just trying to point out that your original comment of JXD's being the ''Worst piece of crap I've ever bought'', was a little misleading.
The S7200B definitely was and there's no way anyone can say differently. Especially if they haven't got one (which I did).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel75 View Post
And it was a little harsh on the fella who said he had just bought one right before you posted these comments.
I gave him my best wishes in hoping that his product would be better than mine, how's that harsh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel75 View Post
Myself and others here have had great experiences with them, and for the price they are a good buy.
If you want more power then feel free to spend twice the cash to get it, something like an NV shield etc.
Huh, yes, indeed? I think the topic is for people's opinion on this kind of Gaming Tablets and that's what I gave out, my opinion on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel75 View Post
Also does this ''device which is AT LEAST 2x times as powerful than the S7800B'' of yours have real physical controls on it?
Because to be honest, you can have twice as much power but it's still gonna suck if you have to use touch screen controls or a separate controller for emulation compared to the PSP like JXD's!
Yes, it's a Moga Pro and it's a wonderful little controller For light gaming you can just use touch and not have controls (which DO take space). When you need to play more seriously, blammo, full fledged pad attached to it and that's it.

If you are to make a point for the S7800B then it should be on it having a 7" screen, as that is most definitely a plus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel75 View Post
And how much did this device cost you compared to the S7800b?
Half than what a dedicated tablet would cost me, as I would need just one device and not two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel75 View Post
Also i was trying to point out that the S7800b does have some decent power to it and is not a piece of crap as indicated-''I'm pretty sure that a 1.4GHz chinese-no-brand quad-core won't cut it''
Where did I say that it was a piece of crap? I just said that it wouldn't cut it for my needs, which is entirely correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel75 View Post
You can see this for yourself in these benchmarks-
http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/04/...12-vs-tegra-3/

The S7800b uses the same RK3188 chipset that they use it the benchmarks and is a very popular, well known chipset.
And as you will see the RK3188 outguns the Tegra3 chipset for most of the time, and that's not bad at all!
The Tegra3 was a massive disappointment (severely underpowered) and half of the internets can tell you that
jbenam is offline  
Old 09 October 2014, 15:52   #23
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!
hansel75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gladstone Australia
Age: 42
Posts: 603
ok
hansel75 is offline  
Old 09 October 2014, 16:21   #24
s2325
Zone Friend

s2325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gargore
Age: 37
Posts: 17,628
How about Amiga emulation by using OnLive service?
s2325 is offline  
Old 09 October 2014, 22:03   #25
dreamkatcha
My elbow tastes of icky

dreamkatcha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 697
I don't own one of these, but just wanted to take the opportunity to plug a great place to buy one in the UK: www.funstock.co.uk - they sell all the hardware emulation stuff like the Retron series as well as the JXD gaming tablets, portable Neo-Geos and so on.
dreamkatcha is offline  
Old 10 October 2014, 14:53   #26
BaldMonk
Registered User

 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
How about Amiga emulation by using OnLive service?
Well, there are vids of people using similar things to play games like Borderlands etc.
BaldMonk is offline  
Old 10 October 2014, 15:05   #27
s2325
Zone Friend

s2325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gargore
Age: 37
Posts: 17,628
But on real Amiga, with dude changing disks
s2325 is offline  
Old 10 October 2014, 18:17   #28
hansel75
Walk Off? Boolander!
hansel75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Gladstone Australia
Age: 42
Posts: 603
I haven't tested them myself, but you can apparently use Kainy and Splashtop to stream from your pc to your android device.

http://www.kainy.com/whatiskainy.html
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...y.client&hl=en

http://www.splashtop.com/personal
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.pad.v2&hl=en

Example-
[ Show youtube player ]

The cool thing about it is you could buy a cheap android tablet and stream high end games to it from your pc when at home.
Or play PS2 and Gamecube games on your android device by streaming them from your pc running PCSX2 and Dolphin!
hansel75 is offline  
Old 11 October 2014, 04:47   #29
BaldMonk
Registered User

 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by s2325 View Post
But on real Amiga, with dude changing disks
Ahahaha. You're crazy!
BaldMonk is offline  
Old 14 October 2014, 17:46   #30
Total Eclipse
Registered User
Total Eclipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atherstone / UK
Age: 43
Posts: 107
Does anyone have any thoughts on the recent Android consoles rather than handhelds (GameStick, Ouya, MOJO etc)
Total Eclipse is offline  
Old 14 October 2014, 18:53   #31
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

FOL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Barry / UK
Age: 39
Posts: 5,565
Send a message via MSN to FOL Send a message via Skype™ to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Eclipse View Post
Does anyone have any thoughts on the recent Android consoles rather than handhelds (GameStick, Ouya, MOJO etc)
I dont, as you can connect virtually any tablet to your tv and use it in exactly the same way.
FOL is offline  
Old 15 October 2014, 02:10   #32
ADz
A mighty pirate!

ADz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hull / England
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Eclipse View Post
Does anyone have any thoughts on the recent Android consoles rather than handhelds (GameStick, Ouya, MOJO etc)

This topic is about tablets, not consoles. I would recommend creating a separate thread as to not hijack this one.
ADz is offline  
Old 15 October 2014, 11:34   #33
BaldMonk
Registered User

 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 20
I've never used an Android console, but they're effectively the same I imagine, except you could probably hook up a bluetooth keyboard.

But as FOL said, most tablets have HDMI out these days, so I don't worry about them. I have a heavy duty 6m HDMI cable too so I don't have to worry about miracast lag

Played It Came From the Desert on the TV yesterday. Was great.
BaldMonk is offline  
Old 15 October 2014, 12:13   #34
ADz
A mighty pirate!

ADz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hull / England
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldMonk View Post
I've never used an Android console, but they're effectively the same I imagine, except you could probably hook up a bluetooth keyboard.

But as FOL said, most tablets have HDMI out these days, so I don't worry about them. I have a heavy duty 6m HDMI cable too so I don't have to worry about miracast lag

Played It Came From the Desert on the TV yesterday. Was great.
You can connect a bluetooth and USB keyboard to just about any Android device, not just consoles. Same goes for mice, gamepads and USB hard drives.
ADz is offline  
Old 16 October 2014, 12:57   #35
BippyM
Global Moderator

BippyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Nottingham, UK
Age: 42
Posts: 8,547
Guys,

Please keep ALL android gaming and Amiga emulation in this thread. This goes for phones, tablets and gaming devices.

Thank you

EAB Moderator Team
BippyM is offline  
Old 16 October 2014, 14:26   #36
ADz
A mighty pirate!

ADz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hull / England
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
Guys,

Please keep ALL android gaming and Amiga emulation in this thread. This goes for phones, tablets and gaming devices.

Thank you

EAB Moderator Team

...why?

This thread was specifically created to discuss gaming tablets (With hardware buttons), not standard tablets, phones or consoles. All that is off-topic.
ADz is offline  
Old 16 October 2014, 14:34   #37
BippyM
Global Moderator

BippyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Nottingham, UK
Age: 42
Posts: 8,547
It's all relevant. This has been discussed between the GMs and we feel it keeps it all together. We've also considered asking for a mobile emulation sub forum which would be a little more beneficial. For now though it's generally all Android related so can stay here.
BippyM is offline  
Old 16 October 2014, 14:39   #38
Total Eclipse
Registered User
Total Eclipse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Atherstone / UK
Age: 43
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADz View Post
...why?

This thread was specifically created to discuss gaming tablets (With hardware buttons), not standard tablets, phones or consoles. All that is off-topic.

Where do you draw the line though? Do you exclude talk of any tablet without hardware buttons but using a Bluetooth controller? How about when you use a "gaming tablet" but connect a mouse via bluetooth? A tablet connected to a TV via HDMI and utilising a controller isn't really any different to a dedicated android console. Same software, potentially a very similar user experience. Not 100% the same, admittedly, but hardly a million miles away.
Total Eclipse is offline  
Old 16 October 2014, 14:51   #39
ADz
A mighty pirate!

ADz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Hull / England
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Total Eclipse View Post
Where do you draw the line though? Do you exclude talk of any tablet without hardware buttons but using a Bluetooth controller? How about when you use a "gaming tablet" but connect a mouse via bluetooth? A tablet connected to a TV via HDMI and utilising a controller isn't really any different to a dedicated android console. Same software, potentially a very similar user experience. Not 100% the same, admittedly, but hardly a million miles away.

Agreed, however I think this discussion was created to discuss gaming tablets, ie tablets that have game controllers built in. I agree though that there is virtually no difference except form factor and specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bippym View Post
It's all relevant. This has been discussed between the GMs and we feel it keeps it all together. We've also considered asking for a mobile emulation sub forum which would be a little more beneficial. For now though it's generally all Android related so can stay here.

Yes a specific sub forum would be good. I completely disagree with decision to lump all "Android" discussion into this topic though.
ADz is offline  
Old 16 October 2014, 15:19   #40
BippyM
Global Moderator

BippyM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Nottingham, UK
Age: 42
Posts: 8,547
This is the point. There's virtually no difference, so why keep creating threads when they'll all share similar content
BippyM is offline  
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What about Android? Foul support.OtherUAE 415 13 January 2015 00:20
What are you playing on android? zardoz Retrogaming General Discussion 11 03 March 2014 08:18
UAE4ALL under Android WeiXing3D support.OtherUAE 10 19 September 2013 07:30
Android? isamu support.FS-UAE 2 29 July 2013 17:40
Android or PSP Vars191 support.OtherUAE 9 12 November 2011 11:09

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.29671 seconds with 14 queries